Senior List
Aug 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Heart and Rebels
Hey All,

[FONT=&quot]The Western Bulldogs will be doing a re-branding at the end of the 2012 season. Heading the Re-Branding is the Chief Commercial Officer, Nick Truelson. I know Nick and I have already sent in a proposal and was wondering if anyone else would be interested. Send me a P-M of your email and I’ll send you a brief. Must act soon but as the AFL needs a lot of time to approve stuff like this and it can take up to 12 months. [/FONT]

EDIT: THE BRIEF:

Logo:
The clubs had the same logo for 15 years, which I am not the biggest fan of to say the least. The club like this logo as it easily I identifiable with the Brand the Western Bulldogs have. Now the jumper is change and doesn’t included the logo it gives you a bit more freedom. My suggestion would be to have a more informal logo that includes the current logo somehow, but again it’s up to you. Another that’s a shield that includes the Bulldog somehow and then a Formal shield.

Basic Logo: (Optional)
- Include the current logo if you want.
- Not much really, maybe use the font from the next logo
- Example: Font of a different logo from Big Footy (In the next section)

newdogs.png

Informal Logo:
- Just include the Western Bulldog name and a Bulldog (Like that of the 1980’s Logo)
- A suggestion would be a shield
- Example:
a) Off a designer off Big Footy
b) Geelong Logo by CATO
c) Hawthorn Logo by CATO
Please use these as an example of what I think we should have

shanesdogs.png
Geelong-logo-2008.gif
Hawthorn-logo-2007.gif

Formal Logo
- This is the hardest I believe, or just the most specific
- Must include : Footscray/ Western Bulldog Football Club, Est. 1883, a Bulldog, incorprate the jumper desgin and Cede Nullis… Must be a shield
- Examples: Geelong Cats formal shield, Melbourne FC Logo and a mock up Bulldog version of the Melbourne one

catsshield.png
Melbourne-logo-2011.gif
dogssheild.png

Added stuff in the proposal:

- Maybe have a picture of the jumper and include the logo on that jumper
- Maybe make a PDF and the layout and covers and headers etc. would be the designs of things the club puts out e.g. financial reports etc.

GO DOGS

Could you just post the brief in here? If it's what I'm thinking, I could organise a sticky for it.

So they're re-branding to the old Footscray?

Although it's something I've wanted (an appeal to 'traditionalists', to distinguish Western Bulldogs from West Coast Eagles and Greater Western Sydney) I find it slightly weird. I think the branding and branching out to the full west would certainly help the club.

It's also weird that they'll be doing the re-branding separately. Why not bring in the new (/old) jumper the same time as a new crest and name? Odd.

So they're re-branding to the old Footscray?

Although it's something I've wanted (an appeal to 'traditionalists', to distinguish Western Bulldogs from West Coast Eagles and Greater Western Sydney) I find it slightly weird. I think the branding and branching out to the full west would certainly help the club.

It's also weird that they'll be doing the re-branding separately. Why not bring in the new (/old) jumper the same time as a new crest and name? Odd.

We are not changing back to Footscray.

As this is a great oppurtunity for the board to get a design actually used by an AFL club far as I understand this, I'll be stickying this for a period of time. Love to see what some of you can come up with!

Heres a quick go at one, now i know mines not very good, but if shown to a good designer better things will come

Maybe send them this and tell them to go online these lines,
Incorporate F.F.C
Have an ACTUAL figure of a real life bulldog even if its just the head, atleast look realistic

dogsz.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one I made a while back
Footscray-logo-project.gif

However if they are committed to the current name and just the head, I have done this:
Bulldogs-Concept.gif

Note: I used a public domain bulldog for this to show the whole idea.
IMO the eyes determine the feel of the whole aggressive feel to it.
But this is not my design, though someone could do something similar with the talent to draw it.
The font is a Letterhead font called Bulldog.

Mero, the second one is AMAZING, if they had that logo the doggies would have the best logo in the league IMO, theres just something about it

Mero, those red eyes really top off a very mad looking doggy :D Very nice design, have you got one thats toned down a few notches on the madness levels.

Excellent work by all, some very good designs :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back