Western Bulldogs superfan 1000 Consecutive H&A match milestone

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope to **** he got tkts to the GF.

Otherwise I stand in awe.
:handok:

I guess if he missed the grand final 20-odd games ago he wouldn’t be going for 1000 consecutive now.

But geez what an effort - imagine how many times a year a usual supporter of any club would just not be able to attend a match for any particular reason

I guess if he missed the grand final 20-odd games ago he wouldn’t be going for 1000 consecutive now.

But geez what an effort - imagine how many times a year a usual supporter of any club would just not be able to attend a match for any particular reason
The wording was H&A. Interesting to see if he missed any finals. Still a bloody unbelievable effort.

HERO_1000hincks.jpg

He has attended more than half of all the Bulldogs games since they joined the VFL in 1925. It's one of those milestone that is a little mind blowing and difficult to fully comprehend.
Congratulations Garry, it is an amazing achievement.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is honestly mind blowing. How great it was the club won a flag in his time. Must have been an amazing day for him.

Just wondering how he proved it

He was interviewed on the scoreboard at the game v Sydney when he was presented on field with the 1000 game jumper , he writes down the stats of match possessions from each game that he has attended.

He would have written down stats from games in the 70’s 80’s & 90’s of full games that he attended that were never on shown tv back then as they all are now

I mean it’s impressive but it’s also a little sad IMO. Sport should be enjoyed but not sure following it to this level is healthy. It’s all most seems like an addiction.

I mean it’s impressive but it’s also a little sad IMO. Sport should be enjoyed but not sure following it to this level is healthy. It’s all most seems like an addiction.

How is it unhealthy ?

I’m sure he does plenty of other things between games , and between footy seasons.

Wow.

Super impressed.

We have a couple of fans who’ve been to every game the Giants have ever played and I always thought that was pretty impressive - but that just pales in comparison to Garry.

Kudos to his dedication and commitment.:thumbsu:

How is it unhealthy ?

I’m sure he does plenty of other things between games , and between footy seasons.

Well given that he hasn’t missed a game makes me think that he is putting afl way too high on his list of priorities. As others have mentioned, you couldn’t make this achievement without sacrificing a lot and missing a number of other events in your life. I just don’t think this level of fanatic support is healthy, it seems like a form of addiction.

If it makes him happy who cares?

That is one way of looking at it but just because it makes someone happy doesn’t mean it is healthy. Gambling makes people happy but doesn’t mean it’s not unhealthy if it becomes an addiction. Similar to pretty much any addiction - drugs, fatty food etc. all make people happy but not necessarily healthy.

I think not missing an afl game for 40 years is very Impressive but also an unhealthy level of support.

Well given that he hasn’t missed a game makes me think that he is putting afl way too high on his list of priorities. As others have mentioned, you couldn’t make this achievement without sacrificing a lot and missing a number of other events in your life. I just don’t think this level of fanatic support is healthy, it seems like a form of addiction.

That is one way of looking at it but just because it makes someone happy doesn’t mean it is healthy. Gambling makes people happy but doesn’t mean it’s not unhealthy if it becomes an addiction. Similar to pretty much any addiction - drugs, fatty food etc. all make people happy but not necessarily healthy.

I think not missing an afl game for 40 years is very Impressive but also an unhealthy level of support.

1000 games ago would make his first game 4th may 1974 v Hawthorn at VFL Park/Waverley Park

14 April 2018 ~ 16,052 days later he notches up game 1000

That’s less than 6.5% of his life since then attending bulldogs matches , still don’t understand how it is unhealthy

That is honestly mind blowing. How great it was the club won a flag in his time. Must have been an amazing day for him.

Just wondering how he proved it

Just ran into the dude going for my lunchtime walk. He was waiting outside Wesley Chapel for a recital. Said hello and shook his hand, and invited him to a WA Bulldogs Supporters function tonight.

How he proved to the club that he has attended 1000+ games is simply that, with the greatest respect to Mr Hincks, there is no artifice in the man. He simply wouldn't make it up. Attending every game obviously means so much to him that having to lie about it would shatter the achievement.

Well done Garry , fantastic loyalty and Deservedly led out the premiership flag unfurling last year

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-12/hincks-remarkable-milestone

HERO_1000hincks.jpg

We love milestones in football, and this weekend the Club will celebrate a milestone of a different kind, and a remarkable one at that.

Garry Hincks attended his first Bulldogs game back in 1974 when he was 30-years-old and this weekend will mark his 1000th consecutive game as a spectator.

To clarify, that's not just Bulldogs home games that Hincks hasn't missed, it's away games, too. And to expand even further, it's not just the Dogs' away games in Melbourne, it's every Western Bulldogs match, in every Australian state and territory.

To make this achievement even more spectacular is that Gary lives in Portland, a four hour drive from Melbourne.

If you see Gary this weekend, cheering the Dogs on in his familiar chef’s hat, say hello and congratulate him on his extraordinary display of loyalty to our Club.
Bandwagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back