• Adelaide 40+

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • WB 40+

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I feel pretty confident. Laird out is pretty big for us as he is often the intercept / playmaker for us from defence. However they have a lot more key backs out.

This is the week that Walker needs to shake those shackles and start getting into form. Our forward line has a good structure in mobile big men and little speedsters. Hopefully as part of the preview they show that play where Walker takes that mark on the wing, bypasses Jenkins, and kicks a 50 meter stab pass to little Charlie. Salivating stuff right there.

Crows by 28 please.

Posted these numbers on the WB board too - should be a good game to give us some idea of where we sit:

AFC have played:
  1. North #1 (Etihad) LOST by 10 - 91%
  2. Power #11 (Home) WON by 58 - 167%
  3. Tigers #15 (Etihad) WON by 36 - 139%
  4. Sydney #3 (Home) WON by 10 - 110%
  5. Hawks #8 (MCG) LOST by 3 - 97%
  6. Freo #18 (Home) WON by 33 - 152%
ie 3 better teams (2 away, 1 at home), 1 middle of the road team (Home), 2 ordinary teams (1 home, 1 away)​

Western Bulldogs have played:
  1. Freo #18 (Home) WON by 65 - 271%
  2. Saints #12 (Home) WON by 57 - 258%
  3. Hawks #8 (Home) LOST by 3 - 97%
  4. Carlton #14 (Home) WON by 36 - 173%
  5. Lions #16 (Home) WON by 53 - 179%
  6. North #1 (Home) LOST by 16 - 74%
ie 2 better teams, 1 middle of the road team, 3 ordinary teams (all at home)​

Posted these numbers on the WB board too - should be a good game to give us some idea of where we sit:

AFC have played:
  1. North #1 (Etihad) LOST by 10 - 91%
  2. Power #11 (Home) WON by 58 - 167%
  3. Tigers #15 (Etihad) WON by 36 - 139%
  4. Sydney #3 (Home) WON by 10 - 110%
  5. Hawks #8 (MCG) LOST by 3 - 97%
  6. Freo #18 (Home) WON by 33 - 152%
ie 3 better teams (2 away, 1 at home), 1 middle of the road team (Home), 2 ordinary teams (1 home, 1 away)​

Western Bulldogs have played:
  1. Freo #18 (Home) WON by 65 - 271%
  2. Saints #12 (Home) WON by 57 - 258%
  3. Hawks #8 (Home) LOST by 3 - 97%
  4. Carlton #14 (Home) WON by 36 - 173%
  5. Lions #16 (Home) WON by 53 - 179%
  6. North #1 (Home) LOST by 16 - 74%
ie 2 better teams, 1 middle of the road team, 3 ordinary teams (all at home)​

Yeah I have looked at that very closely, our form line is definitely better than theirs imo.

I would be very interested if someone looked at the change of personal since the last game.

Off the top of my head we have lost Dangerfield :rolleyes: and VB.:huh: but gained, Brouch, McGovern and Lever.

They have lost Cramieri, JJ, Roughie? and Murphy.

Im still confident that Hunter will miss as well or wont be at 100%

Yeah I have looked at that very closely, our form line is definitely better than theirs imo.

I would be very interested if someone looked at the change of personal since the last game.

Off the top of my head we have lost Dangerfield :rolleyes: and VB.:huh: but gained, Brouch, McGovern and Lever.

From WB thread ....

OUTS INS

GRANT MCLEAN +
MINSON CAMPBELL +
JONG LIBBA +
HAMBLING ADAMS +
MURPHY ADCOCK -
CRAMERI DALE -
HONEYCHURCH ROUGHEAD + (although not like for like) <fixed>

ADELAIDE

OUT IN
DANGER CROUCH -
LAIRD SEEDSMAN -
KNIGHT MCGOVERN =
VAN BERLO LEVER +

MCG ETIHAD +++

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think the Bulldogs are playing as well in the last few rounds:
Have lost a few players providing run off the HB line
Don't have a dominant ruckman
The forward line is somewhat one dimensional .....the Bulldogs rely on run and carry to put pressure on the opposition defense ......stop their midfield, stop their supply

Feeling confident of a win this week

Yes to stop their midfield. My fading memory of recent games tells me the Dogs run and carve us up too easily thru midfield.

Andrew Capel posted on his Twitter a picture of he boys in a huddle this morning. Not sure if its a normal thing on a Friday but loved seeing it. They are ready. Can't wait for tomorrow night! all this talk from the dogs can't wait to roll them

Andrew Capel posted on his Twitter a picture of he boys in a huddle this morning. Not sure if its a normal thing on a Friday but loved seeing it. They are ready. Can't wait for tomorrow night! all this talk from the dogs can't wait to roll them
I'm feeling good about this game which is a worry! Pumped to beat those poor losers.

From WB thread ....

OUTS INS

GRANT MCLEAN +
MINSON CAMPBELL +
JONG LIBBA +
HAMBLING ADAMS +
MURPHY ADCOCK -
CRAMERI DALE -
ROUGHEAD HONEYCHURCH + (although not like for like) ?Is this right?

ADELAIDE

OUT IN
DANGER CROUCH -
LAIRD SEEDSMAN -
KNIGHT MCGOVERN =
VAN BERLO LEVER +

MCG ETIHAD +++
that is an interesting way to look at it, but I think the context of last season they are looking at it wrong.

Danger is the most significant out for us from that game - is it more significant that losing Murphy, Crameri and Roughhead?

Don't they also have Johnsen (sp) out?

I've got a theory the hunter thing was a beat up to stitch up Lindsay Thomas and if so then well played Bulldogs

It's only a theory but if hunter comes out firing this day I will be more confident in the theory

I'm feeling good about this game which is a worry! Pumped to beat those poor losers.

Hmmmmmm

Let's just get the win without the arrogance. This is going to be a close one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Shaw: "Gee, Laird is a big out for the Crows, blah blah, he loves to run forward and score goals."

Laird goals this year: 1

He didn't even kick many goals last year did he?

Maybe he's confusing him with Brodie Smith. I can understand as they do look similar. :drunk:

Commentators seem to do that all the time, talking about what great form a player is in when anyone that has seen more than a couple of that team's games could tell you that the player in question was close to being dropped.

Maybe he's confusing him with Brodie Smith. I can understand as they do look similar. :drunk:

Commentators seem to do that all the time, talking about what great form a player is in when anyone that has seen more than a couple of that team's games could tell you that the player in question was close to being dropped.
Ah yes, that mental giant that is Tony Shaw.
He's probably watched 2 Adelaide games in the past 3 years.
But he's an "expert".

He kicked 2 goals in 2015.

I honestly think a lot of Victorian commentators hardly watch the Crows play at all and when it comes to commenting on them it's like

"Laird...Rory Laird...yes, I've heard his name this season, supposedly he's been good, Dermie was saying they score a lot from the HBF, Laird's a HBF... s**t it's my turn to speak...

Ahh...yes, gee Laird is a big out for the Crows, um...he likes to score goals!

...well that went well."

*Goes and collects Foxtel paycheck.

Too late to name him, his parents did that a long time ago.

Is that you, Tex? Haven't heard a dad-joke that bad since Tex's radio spot last week. :p

I've got a theory the hunter thing was a beat up to stitch up Lindsay Thomas and if so then well played Bulldogs

It's only a theory but if hunter comes out firing this day I will be more confident in the theory
Interesting. It would be a dog act if he did. Ironic.

Ah yes, that mental giant that is Tony Shaw.
He's probably watched 2 Adelaide games in the past 3 years.
But he's an "expert".
To be fair to Shaw, I don't think watching any more of our games would help him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back