Autopsy Western Bulldogs v Collingwood - AFL 2020 Rd 1 - Friday 20 March 2020 - 7:50 PM (AEST) - MARVEL STADIUM

Who wins Dogs v Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies looked really good last night. They set-up well behind the ball and they've found a couple of gems in the Brown Brothers.

Highlights Bevo's weaknesses as coach.

Really only seems to have one string to his bow- backs against the wall, us against them mentality- strong on emotion-can work wonders if positive momentum builds, yet flipside is- can turn ugly quickly.

Dogs need cooler heads in coaching box- and on field. Leadership non-existent.

Early days, yet some familiar signs

The commentators should self isolate for 6 months. I wish they would just call the game as it happens. The amount of irrelevant s**t they talk about whilst the game is live and the ball is in motion is unbelievable. "Poor Matty Kreuzer" received numerous mentions and even Marilyn Monroe -all during passages of live play. Even Hodge rambled on too long with his special comments. It's not adding anything to the broadcast -it's just a major distraction.

The commentators should self isolate for 6 months. I wish they would just call the game as it happens. The amount of irrelevant s**t they talk about whilst the game is live and the ball is in motion is unbelievable. "Poor Matty Kreuzer" received numerous mentions and even Marilyn Monroe -all during passages of live play. Even Hodge rambled on too long with his special comments. It's not adding anything to the broadcast -it's just a major distraction.
I end up turning the sound off. I don't have enough to keep replacing the T.V

Pies getting looked after yet again by the umps. When will it end, masters of inducing the free. So happy I was present at the 2018 GF and last year's prelim v the Giants, very special memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the vast majority of us were expecting a whole lot more from the dogs.

On the other hand, Collingwood were very good in many aspects of the game.

Worrying signs for the dogs but way too early to completely write them off yet, however I would say that there definitely appeared to be a lack of on-field leadership.

Taller than his brother and has the tenacity and football smarts of his old man.
He was skinny like fyfe when drafted yeah? I would be good to see if he can jump or take a pack mark like fyfe to get a better glimpse of what he could be???

Adding in Bruce and Keath as senior KPP solid players was brought back by Gardner and Young. Also why did Cordy take kick outs as often as he did? Collingwood aren't a team you want to long bomb against so someone like Daniel kicking short makes more sense to me.

Back