Game Day Western bulldogs v Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha been doing the business flat out with her for the last 4 years , has to slow down sooner or later plus we had a solid session last night I'm done time to hear some good news about the intra club match yesterday ;)
Enjoy it while it lasts mate haha

Haha been doing the business flat out with her for the last 4 years , has to slow down sooner or later plus we had a solid session last night I'm done time to hear some good news about the intra club match yesterday ;)
Hopefully no groin injuries

That gate valve just got turned off mate. Start taking jelly beans out of the jar now. If what you say is true, then the jar should be pretty full

does anyone know why the red team had mostly VFL players and blue mostly AFL? It seems silly to me to have mis-matched teams. I'd imagine it'd be more beneficial to workout good match ups and split teams accordingly, eg: one team gets Redpath the other T.Boyd, one gets Wallis, the other Macrae etc etc
My guess is they want all the Footscray boys to play on the one practice match team so they can get used to playing in the same side better. Probably more of an issue for them than the seniors who will be playing another two NAB Challenge matches together.

Little Caleb is little but just racks them up. His body appears ready for afl too. He is easily the most advanced of last years draftees. There must still be doubts how his game transfers into the afl but so far he just continues to tick every box. Very calm and slick when the heat is on. Once or twice he was bowled over as if he wasn't there by bigger players and that really is the only query on this kid. He was outstanding. If he goes on to have a successful career he will not be making up the numbers - a great punt by the club.

So glad we drafted this guy. Hes not going to be an inside mid, he is going to be someone who needs to be in perpetual motion around the packs, but by all accounts if we can get the ball into his hands, he is going to do something good with it 9/10. More guys like this around the packs means the M.Boyds, Wallis' and C.Smiths wont have their disposal deficiencies exposed, and they can stick to doing what they do best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone know why the red team had mostly VFL players and blue mostly AFL? It seems silly to me to have mis-matched teams. I'd imagine it'd be more beneficial to workout good match ups and split teams accordingly, eg: one team gets Redpath the other T.Boyd, one gets Wallis, the other Macrae etc etc

It was originally noted on the website as Footscray vs Western Bulldogs.

Tom Campbell running has improved so much since we got the Olympian Craig Mottram, he chased down one of the fast blokes in the side
his closing speed has increased so much, can't wait to see him play as number 1 ruckman and has impressed me with his increased skills in the forward 50

I hope this is correct because I remember in the game against the Saints last year he was chasing someone down the city side wing and he moved at glacial like speed. Slowest thing I've seen since that renown speedster Leigh Brown ran down Crossy to beat him to the ball in the final in 2010 (I think it was). Or for those long time supporters, like Butch Edwards when he finally crossed to us for one season with no knees left and moved like a statue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back