Western Bulldogs v Geelong @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. Not stressed at all given the teams age and experience.
i dont understand the logic behind young sides saying were still young and blah blah almost as if to say were this good now how good will we be in a few years! only have to look at port and how that turned out and im sure there have been other sides who have thought the same! if youre close now i wouldnt let anything get in your way

Melbourne aren't in the same league as you. That's so obvious. We won't play finals. Again, obvious. We are battlers. Again, obvious.

Beating Adelaide, West Coast, and Port isn't quite the same as beating your more esteemed top 4 colleagues though is it?

You've got no depth. That means you'll be looking at a mid September holiday.

Not sure you understand the meaning of 'depth'? The fact that the Doggies are still competing for top 4 with all their injuries is the exact definition of depth I would have thought.

They might. I think they are trying to cheat a bit and drop the manic pressure against weaker sides as it is too hard to do all year as Ross Lyon coached sides have proven.

That's a good point, I hadn't considered that. I've been saying on these boards for a few years that one of the main problems with Lyon's style is that it's too mentally and physically taxing on players. From what I've seen of both St Kilda and Freo it has about a 3 year lifespan to get it done. If it doesn't get done then it falls away quickly.

i dont understand the logic behind young sides saying were still young and blah blah almost as if to say were this good now how good will we be in a few years! only have to look at port and how that turned out and im sure there have been other sides who have thought the same! if youre close now i wouldnt let anything get in your way

We are not close now. You can't tell me a 25-26 y.o Bontempelli, Stringer, Macrae, Hunter, Daniel, Wallis and Libba etc will not be better than they are now.

We are not close now. You can't tell me a 25-26 y.o Bontempelli, Stringer, Macrae, Hunter, Daniel, Wallis and Libba etc will not be better than they are now.
no doubt they will doesnt guarantee success the baby bombers was a little before i can remember footy but they didnt go on to dominate for years and even the hawks after 2008 took a few years to get there list right again and to be fair theyre arguably the beat side ever!

Dogs won't be anywhere near top 4. Bookmark this.

Never said they would. In fact I'm certain that their no chance for top 4. Even top 8 is no guarantee. But you said they have no "depth", when even blind Freddy could see that they've needed incredible depth to cover for all their injuries and still compete for top 4. Dahlhaus, Wood, Murphy and Johanissen are close to their 4 best players. You don't cover for that sort of quality unless you have incredible depth.

Beats me but **** me you are. All of this thread bitching about the Bulldogs.

Maybe something to do with the fact the two supporters base on here don't like eachother.
Hell i actually liked the Dogs before joined Bigfooty.
Also Dogs and Tiger fans are usually the ones sticking the boots into us when we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuses and bullshit aside as a dogs fan, this isn't our year. Can't beat top teams we are pretenders. I'm really sick of it. The Media building us up is also annoying.

Why do they build you up so much anyway, every chance you could fall away next year like Freo, Port & Eagles...
no offense but i don't really find any of your players that likeable.
Maybe apart from Bob Murphy and even i feel his standing in the game has been blown up due to his AFL 360 stuff.
Stringer annoys me as he looks like he drinks his own bathwater to much.
The style Beveridge has employed is also ugly to watch at times as well.
You grind out a lot of low scoring wins at etihad.

Depth is having players out with injury and not losing to a fellow top 4 side by 10 goals.

Honest question, how do you think Melbourne would go with similar injuries to ours?

-2015 Charles Sutton Medal-(Best and Fairest)
1. Easton Wood -Injured
2. Robert Murphy -Injured

3. Marcus Bontempelli
4. Luke Dahlhaus -Injured
5. Matthew Boyd
6. Jason Johannisen -Injured

+Stewart Crameri(13), Koby Stevens(18), Tom Boyd(24) and Toby McLean(27)

If we match up player for player in respect to BnF placings, that would be the equivalent of Melbourne losing Bernie Vince(1), Jack Viney(2), Jessie Hogan(4), Daniel Cross(6)-retired-, Dom Tyson(13), Jack Watts(18) and Alex Neal-Bullen(27) and James Harmes (24)

Considering Cross has retired we'll replace his omission with Jones who is the next placing above him.

So if Melbourne were 5th on the ladder missing all those players would you still say, in your words "You've got no depth" to them?

I can't see Melb replacing Viney, Vince, Jones and Hogan just by themselves, let alone Tyson, Watts, ANB and Harmes on top whilst still competing for top 4.

That would be the equivalent to the situation the Dogs are in so far this year.

There's many ways you could criticize us this year, but depth is definitely not one of them.

Last edited:
So many North fans in here. Im very confused.

Dogs are fierce at the contested ball. Their recruiters seem to pick the kids best at hot potato, they sure can move it around at pace.

Ordinary field kicking and shooting let them down. Certainly better than the roos at ground level. We dominated field position more last week. 15.15 compared to 16.4.

Our rucks had it easy this week and Dangerwood read it beautifully.

What's the pass mark for the year?
Probably top 6 so we get at least a home elimination final.

Port losing today makes it virtually impossible to miss finals really so at the very least a home elimination final. Top 4 isn't out of the question but I can give up on top 2 and a home qualifying after that game.

Probably top 6 so we get at least a home elimination final.

Port losing today makes it virtually impossible to miss finals really so at the very least a home elimination final. Top 4 isn't out of the question but I can give up on top 2 and a home qualifying after that game.

Would you rather a home final at Etihad or MCG?

I'd back you in against the Eagles at those venues in a final.

U wot m8. We have depth. You don't get to 9-4 with our injuries to key players in one area of the ground without a little bit of depth.
Yep and watching doggies VFL side last week there are plenty of players threatening to come in even with all of the injuries. Clay Smith anyone?

As in finals ...like more than one ...or final ....?

The dogs are doing what west coast did last year ...playing with passion and vigour despite injuries mounting up

They are vulnerable to dropping down but will be interesting to see how they respond

I'm pretty confident we will win a flag before them.

Hmm how many years do Petrie and Waite have left ?

Ben brown has a really good future and you're midfield has depth now but your key fwds are old

Lindsay Thomas ...hmm,

I thought you were great last night and could have pinched it ....but don't think you'll win a flag anytime soon

GWS will win 5 in a row after this year and may actually win it this year ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back