Western Bulldogs v St Kilda - Rd 18, 2016 - 7:25 @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs forward half was putrid tonight. They missed a few for sure.

Makes me happy that Bruce, Membrey and McCartin are all guns. That guy Riewoldt can punch hit too.

Mid a much easier to replenish on a whim. Few of those and we're pushing.

Proves the dogs are making up the numbers.

Also, just lol at Tom Boyd's game. Just embarrassing :$:$:$
The numbers? Well there will be seven of those. You blokes have clearly shown a desire to be one of them.
So should we be happy to make up those numbers? Since our window is likely to be open a couple more years, I guess we can wear it. We're going to have to.
What's your take on it? Interested to hear what a North supporter thinks of stumbling into the eight. It would be quite a different perspective from your end, wouldn't it? And to think, you'd just about be good enough to go all the way if only you had one more player in the mould of ... Someone like Levi Greenwood I reckon.

just a awful night for us Injury wise feel for the players hope they can come back better
sounds really bad
ttps://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-18-tim-hodges-describes-the-gut-wrenching-scenes-in-the-bulldogs-rooms-with-the-injury-to-mitch-wallis

Just had 1 player do his acl and another player snap his leg, perhaps pick a better time to start trolling, or even better, provide some useful comments

I've said all season that the dogs are massively overrated. The media plays a big part in this because they are a "feel good" story. A non threatening club with just about the least success in the AFL that neutrals can get behind.

just a awful night for us Injury wise feel for the players hope they can come back better
sounds really bad
ttps://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-18-tim-hodges-describes-the-gut-wrenching-scenes-in-the-bulldogs-rooms-with-the-injury-to-mitch-wallis

Yep for sure. Hate to see that.

I've said all season that the dogs are massively overrated. The media plays a big part in this because they are a "feel good" story. A non threatening club with just about the least success in the AFL that neutrals can get behind.
Wow, north are the most overrated team at the moment. We played s**t, simple as that.

Be good to see North come out of the 8. Take your trolling to the bay

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

We have won 4 finals in the past 2 years, but this thread is about the Dogs :$
It's sad that you have to bring up the past. We'll see if north are actual contenders or if they're making up the numbers come round 22. You're only two games clear of 9th so I wouldn't get carried away. Maybe next week you can start talking about finals for north

I just finished watching the game after getting home from the soccer.

Man that breaks my heart. I had years (decades!) of enjoying my brothers pain as a Dogs fan. But now I just feel so bad for them. This season, and to an even greater extent tonights game is in some ways 90 years of failure and s**t luck compressed into a bite-sized form.

Behind and under pressure the walls fell down around them - the coaching went to hell (Bontempelli at FF for pretty much the whole last quarter is like robbing $1000 from Peter to pay Paul $200), Redpath goes down, Wallis goes down with a horrific injury, and ultimately their top 4 hopes are shot.

Earlier this season they bounced back pretty well after losing Suckling short term, Johannison medium term and Murphy long term in quick succession - but it's hard to see them bouncing back from that.

Credit to St Kilda though. It sucks that they've got some really exciting players coming through, but Riewoldt won't be around long enough for them to come into their prime. I'm quite disappointed that St Kilda vs North is the same day as West Coast play Collingwood, cos I'm pretty sure the game on Saturday night at Etihad is going to be a much better game! Sadly an old back injury doesn't allow me to go to 2 games back-to-back :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just finished watching the game after getting home from the soccer.

Man that breaks my heart. I had years (decades!) of enjoying my brothers pain as a Dogs fan. But now I just feel so bad for them. This season, and to an even greater extent tonights game is in some ways 90 years of failure and s**t luck compressed into a bite-sized form.

Behind and under pressure the walls fell down around them - the coaching went to hell (Bontempelli at FF for pretty much the whole last quarter is like robbing $1000 from Peter to pay Paul $200), Redpath goes down, Wallis goes down with a horrific injury, and ultimately their top 4 hopes are shot.

Earlier this season they bounced back pretty well after losing Suckling short term, Johannison medium term and Murphy long term in quick succession - but it's hard to see them bouncing back from that.

Credit to St Kilda though. It sucks that they've got some really exciting players coming through, but Riewoldt won't be around long enough for them to come into their prime. I'm quite disappointed that St Kilda vs North is the same day as West Coast play Collingwood, cos I'm pretty sure the game on Saturday night at Etihad is going to be a much better game! Sadly an old back injury doesn't allow me to go to 2 games back-to-back :(
It has been a ****ed up season for us dogs, but the winds can turn in unexpected ways. Yep, i don't give a s**t about the result given Morris, roughhead, Red and Wallis went down... but then i think. Wallis, Red and Murphy are the only ones who will not return. The pressure will, however little or much people think we had, it is well and truly off us now to win anything, but we still have plenty of talent, and with a touch of luck, if all of them are there come finals. nothing to lose may well have made us a bigger threat then we were before this game, being the underdog suits us well, it is the favourite that we are not used to.

It is never over until it is over. We have overcome every other hurdle placed before us this year, We shall see how the boys and the club responds.

My avatar change this year may well have been prophetic...

Hopefully this will stop all the media blowing smoke up the Dogs arses about being the most exciting team in the AFL.

They were shown up just like Geelong.

You can just imagine the dipshits on Talking Footy and Footy Classified, well the Dogs just had an off day because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back