Western Bulldogs v St Kilda - Rd 18, 2016 - 7:25 @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to the Saints. Good middling side who can beat anyone on their day. Some exciting talent sprinkled throughout, just a question of whether they can step up when Roo, Montagna, Dempster & co have moved on.

Thought Richardson coached well. Have long thought he's a good fit for where they're at but maybe not the answer when they need to take it to the next level. Seems to be very well respected by fans and players alike, although I don't often visit the Saints board where there'd be week-to-week frustration at times.

Not fussed about the result, just gutted to lose a couple of really good lads. Redpath is a battler, but he's fought tooth and nail to get where he is, and Wallis is a genuine salt of the earth person and it cut me deep to see him in such pain.

Not all hope is lost, there are several top players to come back and fill the void. The team was utterly devastated by what happened to Wal & Red, but they'll need to recover quickly.

Disappointing but not at all surprising to see the usual suspects gloating about it. If you don't like our club it's all the same to me, I hate every other team, but they're human beings. Go find a ******* soul.

Why do North and Bullies fans hate each other so much?
Pretty sure North fans are just salty that neutrals rate Bulldogs more than them, especially given North's incredible 9-zip start to the year that had barely anyone convinced they were going to make finals, let alone be a threat. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Pretty sure North fans are just salty that neutrals rate Bulldogs more than them, especially given North's incredible 9-zip start to the year that had barely anyone convinced they were going to make finals, let alone be a threat. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Ahh so it's an old men v young upstarts rivalry. Lame.

Dogs North BF rivalry has gone on for years

I really don't know when it started or how it started but it's been around since I joined up here

Seriously how was Gerrard Healy's " ldid he lose his footing in unsatisfactory turf there?" Comment about Matthew suckling!!! Who's the bigger flog??? Healy or Sucking??! Toughest questionn of the year

For those interested, this description of the scenes in the Bullies' rooms after the game is pretty raw. Good luck to the Dogs for the rest of the season, hopefully a change in luck, best of luck to Wallis and Redpath in their recoveries and well done to the Saints on the win.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain to me what happened with Mav Weller at Gold Coast?

I don't understand why he was delisted, or was he traded? It's a strange one.

CasuallyDressed he was delisted. He had some injuries in his last year there and wasn't given much of a chance. Saints picked him up as rookie, then elevated him the next year.

Had to laugh when Boyd got done for unrealistic marking attempt,I would of thought most marks he goes for are unrealistic.

He is still quite young for a tall. Probably will come good in the next year or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this will stop all the media blowing smoke up the Dogs arses about being the most exciting team in the AFL.

They were shown up just like Geelong.

You can just imagine the dipshits on Talking Footy and Footy Classified, well the Dogs just had an off day because it doesn't fit the narrative.

If they are not the most exciting team they are certainly one of them. Saints are developing nicely too as are Blues. Along with my mob and maybe Suns these are the next gen teams.

I seem to recall a lot of people bizarrely defending the decision to send Smith back on after he'd done his last ACL injury.

I think because it makes no difference. Lenny went back on when he did it.

He is still quite young for a tall. Probably will come good in the next year or two

There is still time, but he has not been showing many signs. Last night he should have shown something given how undersized his opponent was.

As long as Mccartin career not cut short by injury or concussion, can tell by the way paddy moves he has got something.

St Kilda played well and are much better this year then I thought they would be.

We were terrible, no forward structure and guys like Suckling and Jong were appalling. But it is the first time we have lost to a side outside the 8, which for a young side is a good effort. Long term though, the injuries are a massive concern, one thing being a dogs supporter you know when things are going well something will bring you back down to earth.

Why do North and Bullies fans hate each other so much?
Multiple reasons. It started a while back over two similar smaller clubs, with similar membership numbers causing a mini rivalry online. This started trolling by both sides in each other's game day threads. This was escalated by tight clashes between the sides, similar ladder positions and Higgins changing sides, with a number of dog posters just this year celebrating the higgins injury (bottom feeding at its finest), like a few of my own team poster's are sadly doing now.

Trolls and bottom feeders like man of clay and more than a few north one's s**t fighting across the entire mb hasn't helped the situation.

Hopefully this will stop all the media blowing smoke up the Dogs arses about being the most exciting team in the AFL.

They were shown up just like Geelong.

You can just imagine the dipshits on Talking Footy and Footy Classified, well the Dogs just had an off day because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Oooh, all Pluggie wants is to get his team talked about on the TV. He wants Rooey & the kids photo's & stories in the Herald Sun, and for Eddie, Jimmy B & those guys to talk 'em up on the radio. He feels lonely, polaries. Don't go gettin' all postal on us now Plugs!

Perhaps if your team didn't turn out noncompetitive rubbish like kicking 3 goals against Weagles (yes, three!), 5 against an up & about Bulldogs, 6 against the Crows and a whopping 8 against Gold Coast (that's right, them!), then maybe you would get the "respeck" you so desperately crave.

You live & die by the season's results, not just those of one night - or three.

Looking forward to reading North fans vs Dogs fans in next weeks Saints v North game thread. We'll have a 2:1 advantage;):D
3:1, the dons haven't forgiven us for our sympathy for Essendon thread.:);).

Dogs North BF rivalry has gone on for years

I really don't know when it started or how it started but it's been around since I joined up here
It was probably Royals, the sneaky bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back