Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just remember the three forward lines our defense has held up against for the last month are arguably 3 of the 5 best forward lines in the comp, the other two being Sydney and Adelaide. If we play total team defence make it a contest at the coal mouth and pressure them we will win :)

I just love this team so much won't be sleeping until tomorrow night!!!

Because that's how I feel. There'll be others similar. There'll be others that are total opposites. And that's fine. We're all different. It's not an I told you so. I didn't think we'd win the last 3 weeks. I'm not making myself out to be some kind of football psychic.

But I'm allowed to share how I feel.

I understand your feelings! Everyone is different, I've seen some people incredibly positive & others not so much, plus a lot keeping their feelings hidden.

Myself, now I'm nervous as s**t. I have belief and know we have the power to win, but I'm not wanting to get too far ahead of myself at all. I'm most positive about how our playing group will repay the faith of the fan support they have received this week. Brilliant atmosphere at training, the parade was another sea of red, white & blue.

Some will turn it into a sign of extra pressure, I think they will thrive off it.

Can't sleep.

I was nervous all week, but watching Year Of The Dog changed something in my mind.

Us being at this moment represents shedding skin. We're not the tragic battlers anymore. Little brother isn't so little anymore.

All those nerves and worries and uncertainty has subsided and been replaced by a fierce determination. I am going in to this game teeth bared and fists clenched.

We must win this game.

Long time reader and very casual poster but It’s 2:30 am on Grand Final Day and I can’t sleep, too excited, so just had to get up, sit down and let it all out. I joined the RAAF in 1969 from South Australia, and my first posting was to Victoria, the RAAF Stores Depot at the top end of Barkly Street just a few drop kicks away from the Western Oval. I wandered down to watch a VLF game and was instantly hooked on the Bulldogs particularly after seeing Teddy Whitten play his last game in 1970, I have been a Member ever since, but I never thought I would have to wait for so long to even get to a Grand Final let alone win one. My Wife has also been a Member all that time and my two sons are Bulldogs for Life, they had no choice. Standing in front of the Grandstand between the 2 races every week in the rain, cold and wind at the Western Oval with my Wife and 2 very young sons, to watch the Bulldogs are experiences I will never forget.
I don't know what it is exactly, even after 46 years, but once the Bulldog Blood gets in your veins, you are hooked for life, not like so many success chasing supporters of other Clubs. It is definitely in my blood having started the Barwon Bulldogs, the Western Bulldogs Supporter Group here in Geelong in 2000 where I now live and breathe Bulldogs. I am now 70 years old, one of those long serving, long suffering Members, longer than most of the new breed of Bulldogs, but not as long as so many much older than I who have never given up the faith and who could be rewarded for their loyalty in just a few hours. This 2016 team inspires me, they play in a way and style I have never seen in a Bulldog team before, but I am still nervous, been disappointed too many times before, but you know what, I have a feeling this is our time. What a year it would be for me as I have been a Leicester City supporter for just a s long as a Bulldog member and look what they did earlier this year against all the odds. I hope Bevo and the boys just get out there on the MCG this afternoon and DO IT, because they can. I am so proud of our team for the year they have given us, no matter what the outcome, but surely we will win, the football Gods are on our side aren't they. God Bless all you true blue loyal Bulldogs and let's hope we can celebrate on Saturday night after winning the Grand Final I never thought I would see in my lifetime. GO DOGGIES

Been up since 6, mind is now racing. Nothing has been more relevant this morning than "wake me up when September ends". Well it's over and I'm ******* pumped. Today is a good day, embrace the emotions for the memories that are created today will last a lifetime.

Go Dogs!!

Been up since 6, mind is now racing. Nothing has been more relevant this morning than "wake me up when September ends". Well it's over and I'm ******* pumped. Today is a good day, embrace the emotions for the memories that are created today will last a lifetime.

Go Dogs!!
Yeah, my guts are churning now :(:)

I can't bring myself to be positive. Just lack the confidence to do it. Franklin is giving me nightmares.
I feel your pain. Not that I'm saying we'll definately lose. Just have been preparing mentally if the worst happens. It's pure self preservation plus i reakon every time I'm confident i bring them back luck - so I'm doing it for the team! Still want this dream to happen so much! Don't think mentally preparing will help anyway. Totally confused! When we win I'll wonder what all the fuss was about

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back