Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mate of mine has two tickets for the Grand Final this weekend. Box seats including full meal and drink package, but he didn't realise when he bought his tickets it's the same day as his own wedding - so now he cant make it!
If you're interested and want to go instead of him, it's at St Peter's Church on Toorak Road, Toorak at 3.00 pm. Her name's Louise.;)
An oldie but a goody!!

Ummmmmmmm life has been a blur since Saturday night at Spotless Stadium. Last thing I remember is cheating and looking at the AFL app to see how long left. There was 1.26 left. From what I can gather the Doggies are in the GF.
Please don't anyone make any noise and wake me just yet.

Oh and any chance of getting Baha Men to provide pre/after game entertainment??????????????????/

Who let the Dogs out

Weather update:

Friday 30 September
Summary
showers.png

Min 8
Max 15
Showers increasing.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 6 mm
Chance of any rain: 80%
rain_80.gif

Melbourne area
Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the morning.

Sun protection recommended from 9:50 am to 3:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]

Saturday 1 October
Summary
showers.png

Min 10
Max 18
Morning shower or two.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm
Chance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Melbourne area
Mostly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the morning. Winds westerly 20 to 30 km/h becoming light during the afternoon then becoming northerly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Sunday 2 October
Summary
showers.png

Min 13
Max 23
Late shower or two. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 1 to 8 mm
Chance of any rain: 60%
rain_60.gif

Melbourne area
Mostly sunny. Medium (60%) chance of showers late in the day. Winds northerly 30 to 45 km/h.

Ummmmmmmm life has been a blur since Saturday night at Spotless Stadium. Last thing I remember is cheating and looking at the AFL app to see how long left. There was 1.26 left. From what I can gather the Doggies are in the GF.
Please don't anyone make any noise and wake me just yet.

Oh and any chance of getting Baha Men to provide pre/after game entertainment??????????????????/

Who let the Dogs out
How did u get countdown clock on app? Always counts up on mine..

Not that it effects me, but it's a bloody joke that Sid isn't going to be there. More so for his owners who do a great job of bringing him to home games and letting kids get photos with him. I hope they at least for looked after by the club with some decent tickets, they do a great job at fan interaction.

apologies if already discussed - good article http://figuringfooty.com/2016/09/27/grand-final-preview-part-1-two-very-different-defences/

Swans will sit back and prevent the slingshot. They will pick off long bombs, so we must lower the eyes.

On the +ve side, we love playing the game in our forward half. So I think the swans/dogs style matchup favours us there. We are well versed at scoring from chaotic 16 on 16 scraps in our forward half and if the ball is in our forward half it protects our somewhat dodgy taller defenders.

This will be a game that favours clay smith, libba, picken and similar players, over others like dicko, I reckon.

I think Stringer will continue to struggle as he loves a 1:1 contest with a bit of space where he can beat that one opponent and then have a ping at the goals, but when there are 4 guys coming at him from every angle he doesnt have the instinctive lighting fast give with the hands. Having said that he did kick 3 goals v the swans in our most recent game - can anyone remember under what circumstances?

It may favour Suckling. We dont want Suckling defending anywhere near the last line of defence or trying to rebound the ball out of the defensive half under pressure. What we want is for him to be spectating and defending space towards our front half and when someone else wins it and gets it to him, he can deliver it 60m back into the F50 for us.

Ditto for JJ - the closer to our goal he can 'defend' the better off we are with his penetration and ability to kick a running goal from 50+ We need his radar adjusted - 2 trademark goals from him would be brilliant.

It's already getting ******* painful. So gooddamn excited. Everyone says we need to enjoy this week but how the * can I do that?!

It's already getting ******* painful. So gooddamn excited. Everyone says we need to enjoy this week but how the **** can I do that?!
Watch lots of TV footy shows and replays.
At least, that is my plan.

Medusa my half gypsy sister has consulted the necromonicon and cast her latest spell.

First we had find a white horse and sing to it the swans theme song backwards - in Albanian! Apparently now, on game day, the swans players won't understand a single word that Longmire says to them.

Then we sacrificed a chicken and traumatized random swans at Albert park lake by spattering them with chickens blood. When the Swans all cowered in fear, Medusa said now on Saturday the Swans midfield will tremble in terror.

Finally, she insisted we both again smear ourselves in excrement and run around nude terrorizing birds in a local park.

Later, she conceded that the excrement had no real bearing on the power of her spells but she just enjoyed it!

Either way she says that the Swans are ****ed!!!

Went to training this arvo. Some interesting observations:

Lachie hunter walked laps with redpath
Libba only on the bike
Wood did some very light work, but not much
Toyd did very little, did main stuff, some jogging and light training with the vfl guys
Roberts did the same as Toyd
Dunkley did a lot of goal kicking practice with chris maple and tory dickson. Results were mixed.
Campbell did not train with the main group, trained with the vfl guys
Looked like suckling did a fitness test at the end of training. Looked to be moving well.

Guys generally looked relaxed.

Not a bad turnout as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to training this arvo. Some interesting observations:

Lachie hunter walked laps with redpath
Libba only on the bike
Wood did some very light work, but not much
Toyd did very little, did main stuff, some jogging and light training with the vfl guys
Roberts did the same as Toyd
Dunkley did a lot of goal kicking practice with chris maple and tory dickson. Results were mixed.
Campbell did not train with the main group, trained with the vfl guys
Looked like suckling did a fitness test at the end of training. Looked to be moving well.

Guys generally looked relaxed.

Not a bad turnout as well
Funny. I got the opposite impression. He looked sore out in the centre after the test and seemed to have a slight limp on the way off the ground. Who knows, maybe he's fine and foxing it for the cameras!

apologies if already discussed - good article http://figuringfooty.com/2016/09/27/grand-final-preview-part-1-two-very-different-defences/

Swans will sit back and prevent the slingshot. They will pick off long bombs, so we must lower the eyes.

On the +ve side, we love playing the game in our forward half. So I think the swans/dogs style matchup favours us there. We are well versed at scoring from chaotic 16 on 16 scraps in our forward half and if the ball is in our forward half it protects our somewhat dodgy taller defenders.

This will be a game that favours clay smith, libba, picken and similar players, over others like dicko, I reckon.

I think Stringer will continue to struggle as he loves a 1:1 contest with a bit of space where he can beat that one opponent and then have a ping at the goals, but when there are 4 guys coming at him from every angle he doesnt have the instinctive lighting fast give with the hands. Having said that he did kick 3 goals v the swans in our most recent game - can anyone remember under what circumstances?

It may favour Suckling. We dont want Suckling defending anywhere near the last line of defence or trying to rebound the ball out of the defensive half under pressure. What we want is for him to be spectating and defending space towards our front half and when someone else wins it and gets it to him, he can deliver it 60m back into the F50 for us.

Ditto for JJ - the closer to our goal he can 'defend' the better off we are with his penetration and ability to kick a running goal from 50+ We need his radar adjusted - 2 trademark goals from him would be brilliant.
The thought struck me whilst reading your interesting post. Every opposition is conscious of Stringer in those deep forward stoppages that perhaps having him outside 50 waiting to intercept presents a danger which would really spook the swans

Hey Guys, Good Luck on Sat. Hoping you win.

On another note I am sure he plays but know from a very good source that

Libba actually rolled his ankle in celebrations after the siren and that's why he

Didn't train today. Improving but still sore.

Good luck

Hey Guys, Good Luck on Sat. Hoping you win.

On another note I am sure he plays but know from a very good source that

Libba actually rolled his ankle in celebrations after the siren and that's why he

Didn't train today. Improving but still sore.

Good luck
Heard a commentator that he was in a lot of pain walking off the field. Jab should do it

Rolled ankles come up good enough in a week. Had that been a rolled ankle in a contest or marking situation it could have been different.

Libba is a beast, he'll be a ok

A mate of mine has two tickets for the Grand Final this weekend. Box seats including full meal and drink package, but he didn't realise when he bought his tickets it's the same day as his own wedding - so now he cant make it!
If you're interested and want to go instead of him, it's at St Peter's Church on Toorak Road, Toorak at 3.00 pm. Her name's Louise.;)
If I didn't go for the dogs I'd probably go! Louise sounds lovely :)

Try being a Swans supporter, every AFL show and article wont shut up about the fairytale, Im not even sure we're even playing this week.
not too sure that's what he was getting at... and i'm pretty much his twin brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back