Women's Footy Western Bulldogs Women's Team 2016-17 off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of the Cotton On style

8a13270c39f044cbe1aea69a07e53c8c.jpg

Neither was josh caddy :p

Cotton On's active wear looks absolutely horrendous, but they're only new and it makes sense that there'd be different gear manufactured for the women.

Just wish they'd stuck with the original design. Looked brilliant under lights at Whitten Oval in September.

Our final free agents (which were floating around but now confirmed by the club) and assistant coaching panel has now been confirmed:
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-11-03/aflw-list-locked-in

Interesting to note whilst a lot of the other clubs are going down the route of hiring assistant coaches who tend to be either coaches at women's footy or at TAC Cup level, and not so much local footy, we've gone down the local footy route - not just Groves as our coach but our line coaches in defence, midfield and forward line are all local footy senior coaches which other clubs filled those roles with like Women's VFL or TAC Cup coaches/assistant coaches.

It looks ******* horrendous, like a training top.

Adelaide and us really ****ed the jumper. Why not put them in the traditional top, or at least a design that doesnt look soft. What the hell is with the pancake parlour stuff on the shorts?

I absolutely love it. It reminds me of the Chris Grant photo in a heritage jumper 12 years ago. I don't mind the red up top for a point of difference but I think the hoops higher up look much better and closer to our original premiership guernsey in '54. Even the blue is closer to our original royal blue. It would be a great clash top for the guys, much better than the cartoon we now wear as a clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least we haven't started a twitter fued...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-...-over-collingwood-womens-prison-bars-guernsey

Lulz how sad.

But back to our womens guernsey I like it. Could it be better yep but for a first crack its pretty good.

We have to remember they have tweaked the jumpers to limit clashes because I don't think their will be home an away jumpers... Just a change of shorts like the olden days or maybe not even that.

Also having the red collar and cuffs :hearts::hearts:

Its the back I find a little interesting I'm not sure if I like it or if I don't. It seems a bit Demonish or a bit Fitzroyish to me... Maybe Im going crazy.

Untitled.jpg

Also like what I said in the other thread the numbers are going be tiny.

Why isn't the FFC higher? Maybe they are going to put names on the back of the jumper? Ahh that could be it.

Last edited:
Well at least we haven't started a twitter fued...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-...-over-collingwood-womens-prison-bars-guernsey

Lulz how sad.

But back to our womens guernsey I like it. Could it be better yep but for a first crack its pretty good.

We have to remember they have tweaked the jumpers to limit clashes because I don't think their will be home an away jumpers... Just a change of shorts like the olden days or maybe not even that.

Also having the red collar and cuffs :hearts::hearts:

Its the back I find a little interesting I'm not sure if I like it or if I don't. It seems a bit Demonish or a bit Fitzroyish to me... Maybe Im going crazy.

View attachment 309300

Also like what I said in the other thread the numbers are going be tiny.

Why isn't the FFC higher? Maybe they are going to put names on the back of the jumper? Ahh that could be it.
They will have names on the back iirc

It looks ******* horrendous, like a training top.

Adelaide and us really stuffed the jumper. Why not put them in the traditional top, or at least a design that doesnt look soft. What the hell is with the pancake parlour stuff on the shorts?

It's the COAR design not ours. I wonder what say if any we had as the apparel was a league deal?

It's the COAR design not ours. I wonder what say if any we had as the apparel was a league deal?
There was a group of players, including Aasta O'Connor from the Dogs, who were apparently involved in the design process. Not sure if she sought any advice from the club beforehand or not.

Doing a Video Preview for Bulldogs Online and thought I would send through a Screencap of the Team List for your Enjoyment

Sequence 01.00_00_11_06.Still001.jpg

Not my preferred design. For me, it lacks energy or definition...or something. Much prefer a stronger, royal blue and no red at the top.

Not as bad as our all white strip, though.

I actually don't mind it even though I will never watch them play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back