Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just an observation but at the end of round 17 the ladders in the 1s and 2s very similar

1s................2s
spotty...........spotty
albion............albion
sunshine.........sunshine
altona............altona
hoppers..........port
may make designating changrooms easier

I know one thing the gap between spotty and the rest continues to grow.
1v 2 and the margin is 171 pts...that is a massive result.
Will win 4 in a row no probs and maybe even the next 10....unless hoppers hit their pockets and get recruiting, for the sake of the wrfl i hope they do.
Also spotty's win comes withour probably their best player o'keefe having a rest.

Will win 4 in a row no probs and maybe even the next 10....unless hoppers hit their pockets and get recruiting, for the sake of the wrfl i hope they do.
Either that, or a points system.

Not sure the points system would work anyway, if anything it would stop other clubs recruiting efforts to bridge the gap between them and Spotty.

[/b]

well it doesnt look like your boys have much chance of doing this in the next couple of years(im guessing your an A's fan)

went from silence of the lambs in the 2's to llambs to the slaughter in the 1's

must say tho altonas umpiring skills second to none:thumbsu:

Surely now the only interest at Spotty is who will make the Grand Final side and can Crackers kick 150 . Hope the fat arse does would be a great effort.:thumbsu:

There is something seriously wrong with a competition when the top team beats the 2nd team by almost 30 goals.

I am a huge fan of the Woodsmen with my old man, grandfather and uncle (who also played for South Melbourne and is in their team of the century) playing for them, but it gets very boring winning by such massive margins every week.

Also spotty's win comes withour probably their best player o'keefe having a rest.

if walking around in a moon boot is just having a rest i think most people would rather not have that type of rest.

There is something seriously wrong with a competition when the top team beats the 2nd team by almost 30 goals.

I am a huge fan of the Woodsmen with my old man, grandfather and uncle (who also played for South Melbourne and is in their team of the century) playing for them, but it gets very boring winning by such massive margins every week.

You must be young Fred then.

I would suggest it doesn't matter how much money Hoppers throw around they have more issues other than that. It appears that the 18's coach is dictating terms down there by telling HIS players that if they his group they are not welcome back into HIS team. NOw the flow on effect is that the seconds when short have to grab players from the 18'b side because of the 18'a coach position. This causes disharmoney at the bottom and also restricts player development through the club due to the selfish actions of a few. What is more important at Hoppers? Senior development or winning 18'a flags? I know for a fact that all other clubs are blooding the kids yet Hoppers have taken a backward step? So who is running the show? Ezard or O'keefe? Hoppers would have to look at their own internal structures rather than throw coin all over the place.:thumbsu:

if walking around in a moon boot is just having a rest i think most people would rather not have that type of rest.

I think the Moon Boot would be just a precaution?? Think they might have copped a couple of injuries on the weekend (although I am sure they have enough depth running around in the 2's!) as well yet still won by 30 goals!

I think the Moon Boot would be just a precaution?? Think they might have copped a couple of injuries on the weekend (although I am sure they have enough depth running around in the 2's!) as well yet still won by 30 goals!

a precaution until the first week of finals maybe.could be one injury on the weekend did not see any more, maybe you could shed some light on the others. a pity they may have lost any through injury as it was not a torrid affair as some would have hoped being the new juggernaut from seaweed city sitting in second spot they were playing .

where is the Altona faithful?? they havent written a post since they have lost 2 in a row!! they have talked it up on here all year, now gone missing!!
shaping up as an albion v sunshine final first up.. the old rivals going head to head.. outisde of spotty of course, albion the in form team, only lost one game since round 5!!

St Albans are gone! Win against Glenorden and guaranteed a finals spot. However, too many injuries to key players, the unavailability of the Mormons and players overseas will make St Albans finals campaign 1 week long.

Dale Marshall - Broken Leg - Season
Damien Fitzpatrick - Broken Leg - Season
Ryan Moore - Broken Foot - Season
Michael Pisani - Hamstring/knee/any other injury - 10 years
Number 2 - Lower leg/Hamstring - Season
Adin Stott - Compound fracture of the hand - tough bastard but not sure if he will play.
Nathan Teipo - Broken Hip - Season
Number 19 - Overseas - Season
Ali Safari - Overseas - Season
Jose Jemery – Religious commitments - Sundays
Steven Whore - Religious commitments - Sundays
Campbell....... - Religious commitments - Sundays

Even though Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Pisani and Jemery are the only 'guns' the other players add quality or toughness or skill to the side.

There will be a few surprised two players getting the call up this week......

In saying this it is not as bad as Hopper 23 quality players

St Albans are gone! Win against Glenorden and guaranteed a finals spot. However, too many injuries to key players, the unavailability of the Mormons and players overseas will make St Albans finals campaign 1 week long.

Dale Marshall - Broken Leg - Season
Damien Fitzpatrick - Broken Leg - Season
Ryan Moore - Broken Foot - Season
Michael Pisani - Hamstring/knee/any other injury - 10 years
Number 2 - Lower leg/Hamstring - Season
Adin Stott - Compound fracture of the hand - tough bastard but not sure if he will play.
Nathan Teipo - Broken Hip - Season
Number 19 - Overseas - Season
Ali Safari - Overseas - Season
Jose Jemery – Religious commitments - Sundays
Steven Whore - Religious commitments - Sundays
Campbell....... - Religious commitments - Sundays

Even though Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Pisani and Jemery are the only 'guns' the other players add quality or toughness or skill to the side.

There will be a few surprised two players getting the call up this week......

In saying this it is not as bad as Hopper 23 quality players

It's going to be very tough for them from here on in, but they wont die wondering. They'll have a crack!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where is the Altona faithful?? they havent written a post since they have lost 2 in a row!! they have talked it up on here all year, now gone missing!!
shaping up as an albion v sunshine final first up.. the old rivals going head to head.. outisde of spotty of course, albion the in form team, only lost one game since round 5!!

Looks that way for both 1s and 2s. Don't know so much about the rival thing though. Maybe in days gone by, but think you will find anyone that has played footy in the last 10 years will tell you once your on the ground the instinct kicks in and footy is played. Gone are the days of the Keoghs, Steve (Dolly) Parton (F,,, i wish he was playing these days) and so on Vs the Billy Flights and Keith Pelhams of the world. Also think we all agree the league is in a massive slump. Full credit to Eames and the gang and hope they have the money now saved to go BANG. But for this year think they, hoppers and the Saints will be making up the numbers for who ever makes it. Sunshine have beat Spotty this year and on the day who knows (we only have to look at the 2s 2008 gf), Albion the inform side and a totally different set up and game style may cause damage. For those spotty following (re-young fred etc) , don't get boared with the constant winning. You are witnessing some great history and the rest of us are all envious.

I would suggest it doesn't matter how much money Hoppers throw around they have more issues other than that. It appears that the 18's coach is dictating terms down there by telling HIS players that if they his group they are not welcome back into HIS team. NOw the flow on effect is that the seconds when short have to grab players from the 18'b side because of the 18'a coach position. This causes disharmoney at the bottom and also restricts player development through the club due to the selfish actions of a few. What is more important at Hoppers? Senior development or winning 18'a flags? I know for a fact that all other clubs are blooding the kids yet Hoppers have taken a backward step? So who is running the show? Ezard or O'keefe? Hoppers would have to look at their own internal structures rather than throw coin all over the place.:thumbsu:
totally false. i started in the 18s, played 9 games in the seniors nd chose to go back to the 18s a couple weeks ago to play finals with the boys. no influence at all frm o'keefe. he loved me playing seniors simply because of the experience id gain.. it has not been his decision for the 18a's to not play reserves this yr but the players. they r either to sore or fatigued nd simply feel they dont need to push them selves for a game in the ressies. to say that he is restricting players development is ludacris. also aaron williams is under 18s nd played all yr in the 1s, with a couple other players playin a senior game here and there. dont see how a couple under 18s playing reserves wuld hav positivly affected the seniors anyway?

Originally Posted by footy power
.. outisde of spotty of course, albion the in form team, only lost one game since round 5!!

I think you will find that Albion lost to St Albans Rd 6, to Spotswood Rd 11 and drew with Port Colts Rd 14.

My apologies, lost one game since round 6! as i stated, inform side in the comp apart from Spotty..

totally false. i started in the 18s, played 9 games in the seniors nd chose to go back to the 18s a couple weeks ago to play finals with the boys. no influence at all frm o'keefe. he loved me playing seniors simply because of the experience id gain.. it has not been his decision for the 18a's to not play reserves this yr but the players. they r either to sore or fatigued nd simply feel they dont need to push them selves for a game in the ressies. to say that he is restricting players development is ludacris. also aaron williams is under 18s nd played all yr in the 1s, with a couple other players playin a senior game here and there. dont see how a couple under 18s playing reserves wuld hav positivly affected the seniors anyway?

Agree with your post mate and your spot on with Phil, he gave me my 1st senior game yrs ago at Sunbury and I was still pretty green and 16, he is defintly one to give young kids the experience of open age footy.

On another note, don't bring that rubbish txt bullshit into the forum, you sound like a 14 yr old.

Agree with your post mate and your spot on with Phil, he gave me my 1st senior game yrs ago at Sunbury and I was still pretty green and 16, he is defintly one to give young kids the experience of open age footy.

On another note, don't bring that rubbish txt bullshit into the forum, you sound like a 14 yr old.

Eye thort e coodnt spal

gold!

i love your bluntness Shaga

nothing wrong with O'keefe, plenty wrong with the other party.

Be careful what you say to the young fella Tige19, his old man was one of the better one's going around in many years:eek:.

on another note, I did hear you have been snagging some goals of late 9 or 10 in a couple of games, is this true?.

Rumor has it that the money man behind St.Kilda City is leaving next season and taking his cash and players to some Eastern League Club.That will leave a few players available assuming they do not follow him.
Somehow travelling across town three times per week would not seem an attractive proposition to a number of these players.

Mmmm Interesting that you played 9 games in the seniors. Best you have a look because you may have just about knocked yourself out of playing 18's finals due to playing too many games at the higher level???:thumbsu:

Mmmm Interesting that you played 9 games in the seniors. Best you have a look because you may have just about knocked yourself out of playing 18's finals due to playing too many games at the higher level???:thumbsu:

Here is the rule.....

7.1 Eligibility of Seniors Players in Finals Games
(a) To be eligible for Senior grade finals games, players must play a minimum of six (6) home and away games with that club. Any player who has played half the home and away games plus one (1) game during the season with teams in a higher grade, may not play in a finals game, in a lower grade, players who play in two (2) or more games in the same weekend can only count the game played in the higher grade as qualifying for finals.

To make it easier for you.... 18 rounds divided by 2 (half) = 9 plus 1 = 10 games.

Seriously, why would you make such a statement to a young bloke without knowing the facts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back