Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Albion on a fantastic win after 24 years. Well done to the Harro who has certainly turned things around from the half way stage and in giving his side the belief that they could beat, lets face it, the unbeatable.

Well done Spotty on a tremendous fightback abnd commisserations on the loss.

Stood next to Finco's uncle today and every time he went for the ball his uncle would yell out "that's my nephew", very funny.

Goesbangfrom50 was magnificent on the radio call today with the call being superb by Thomsy and the boys, well done.

I hope Albion are assigning a minder to the old war horse Johnny Haldane i can see a lot of partying going on lol. Was great to see him BOG in a grand final.

Please explain why does johnny need a minder

good to see spotty have 3 teams in the grand final and come away with nothing. silver spoons in mouth walking out of the ground....maybe a few of the players need to have a good hard look at themselves. Molan not seen all day...mangan turned the ball over too many times and O'keefe too many kicks out by himself. Might be time to get someone who wants to go get the ball.

yeah i was happy to see albion win but full credit to the sfc they have set the bar for this this leaugue

good to see spotty have 3 teams in the grand final and come away with nothing. silver spoons in mouth walking out of the ground....maybe a few of the players need to have a good hard look at themselves. Molan not seen all day...mangan turned the ball over too many times and O'keefe too many kicks out by himself. Might be time to get someone who wants to go get the ball.

And which Club that did not play yesterday would you be from ?

yeah i was happy to see albion win but full credit to the sfc they have set the bar for this this leaugue

Agree with you Choofa, great game of local footy, had everything. My only question on the whole day was if Haldane deserved the medal. I think Keenan kicked 2.4 or 2.5 so not sure if a full-back is BOG if his opponent has 6 or 7 shots at goal. He had nothing to do with Keenan kicking bad. Keenan was also very good in the last qtr when Spotty were coming hard. But Spotty had their chances in the last few minutes and the best team on the day won.

don't know what game you were watching but i think mangan was just about spottys best and best backman on the ground,i don't think his opponent kicked 2.5 as haldanes opponent did and he received a medal for it,o'keefe was responsible for the comeback in the second half and i would have thought that was would be his job to get away from his tagger and get the ball out by himself.

Well Done to Albion and no coincidence that they got there act together when there captain was able to get back on the park. It's always good to be proven right, but Spotty's depth was not as good as most thought and Albion were much evenly spread.

Interesting to see what both clubs will look like next year with a lot of whispers going around about some very good players leaving. Sad in some regard if it is to come true, would mean the comp is going backwards.

Huge effort by the cats!! Congrats boys!

Alot of people must be eating there words about now.. No one gave them a chance all year! all said Spotty were unbeatable, albion beat them twice in the finals!! only people from Albion believed it could happen!

On the turnaround, all year people have gone on about the youth at Altona, St Albans etc, but it showed through the finals that Albion have some of the best young talent in the comp!! Stevens, bloomfield, Finco, Savage, smith to just name a few who are all under 20..

full credit also to the Coach!! totally out coached spotty! put measures in place after rd 8 to beat spotty and paid off.. ie. recruiting A Rock.. Speaking to albion players, they couldnt speak more highly of the input and direction he gave!

Well done again to firsts and seconds!

Agree with you Choofa, great game of local footy, had everything. My only question on the whole day was if Haldane deserved the medal. I think Keenan kicked 2.4 or 2.5 so not sure if a full-back is BOG if his opponent has 6 or 7 shots at goal. He had nothing to do with Keenan kicking bad. Keenan was also very good in the last qtr when Spotty were coming hard. But Spotty had their chances in the last few minutes and the best team on the day won.

Keenan has an average of 6-7 goals per game this year. He has never kicked less than 3 goals in a game. Johnny killed him today.

Keenan has an average of 6-7 goals per game this year. He has never kicked less than 3 goals in a game. Johnny killed him today.

Haldane was very good but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he killed Keenan. Manton cutting across and marshalling the troops in the backline was more influential IMO. Is it just me or was Bonnicci stiff not to get in the best? A few Albion players were deserving of the medal. We can argue about this until the cows come home. Albion were excellent and deserved to win.
As for the bar being set? Well anytime Geelong team is appraised, it's about repeating the feats of Brisbane 2001-2003 and Hawthorn of the 80's. Albion have started (well done) now can they continue? The bar is still a bit higher. Enjoy the dregs from the almost empty kegs.

Haldane was very good but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he killed Keenan. Manton cutting across and marshalling the troops in the backline was more influential IMO. Is it just me or was Bonnicci stiff not to get in the best? A few Albion players were deserving of the medal. We can argue about this until the cows come home. Albion were excellent and deserved to win.
As for the bar being set? Well anytime Geelong team is appraised, it's about repeating the feats of Brisbane 2001-2003 and Hawthorn of the 80's. Albion have started (well done) now can they continue? The bar is still a bit higher. Enjoy the dregs from the almost empty kegs.

Totally agree, Bonnici was BOG by a long way, and the last few crucial minutes, Matty davis and philpott were huge. Great day for the older Cats stalwarts! And not to be biased, but the young Finco set them up early with forward pressure and lots of dash, Best 1st year player by a mile!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Albion on a fantastic win after 24 years. Well done to the Harro who has certainly turned things around from the half way stage and in giving his side the belief that they could beat, lets face it, the unbeatable.

Well done Spotty on a tremendous fightback abnd commisserations on the loss.

Stood next to Finco's uncle today and every time he went for the ball his uncle would yell out "that's my nephew", very funny.

Goesbangfrom50 was magnificent on the radio call today with the call being superb by Thomsy and the boys, well done.

I hope Albion are assigning a minder to the old war horse Johnny Haldane i can see a lot of partying going on lol. Was great to see him BOG in a grand final.

i dunno about that........why would you get a coach who's team finished nearly last on the broadcast........was very dissapointed when they asked him about the 2 gf teams and all he could talk about is heights.....we need to win 6 games next year or we've gone backwards....heights would love to have some of spotty's players....silly season is about and we are trying to get some bigger body type players......get a grip.....

no mention of me so again dissapointed!!!!! the best thing was the 15 minuite lead up to the broadcast......the songs they had got the hairs on the back of the neck standing.......

well done cats.....

i dunno about that........why would you get a coach who's team finished nearly last on the broadcast........was very dissapointed when they asked him about the 2 gf teams and all he could talk about is heights.....we need to win 6 games next year or we've gone backwards....heights would love to have some of spotty's players....silly season is about and we are trying to get some bigger body type players......get a grip.....

no mention of me so again dissapointed!!!!! the best thing was the 15 minuite lead up to the broadcast......the songs they had got the hairs on the back of the neck standing.......

well done cats.....

Gee. 2 days later and thats the best sledge you have? Your standards are dropping.

It was with interest that I read early on in the year, people complaining about how the league has dropped away, how it was a one horse race etc etc. Albion did what all clubs should do, work to come up to the standard of the bench mark being set by the league leaders. They obviously had players walk out mid year, and that has now been seen to the players own detriment, but they continued to look at ways of improving, when other clubs were looking internally, they looked externally and brought in highly regarded experience and expertise.
From a league perspective, this is a good result. I feel for Spotty, they have pursued excellence all year, but fell over in the finals. But that is what finals are all about. Performing on the day. I now hope people involved in other clubs can start to look to the Juniors for development, look to other leagues for recruiting and help improve the overall standard.

Already a couple of new Coaches for Season 2011. Mitchell at Hoppers. Has he been appointed??

Kelly gone from Spotty - O'Keefe will be announced as Coach for 2011.

Already a couple of new Coaches for Season 2011. Mitchell at Hoppers. Has he been appointed??

Kelly gone from Spotty - O'Keefe will be announced as Coach for 2011.

Full of info!!

Well another great finish in a wrfl gf.
In the first half albion out played spotty all over the ground, i thought finncico, james stevens and bonnici were showing alot of energy and enthusiasm, haldane and manton controlled the spotty forwards also pearce and bloomfield looked very dangerous up fwd.
I think the cats lead by as much as 48 pts and if used the ball a litte better when in space could have been alot further in front at half time than 38pts.
In the 3rd quarter spotty lifted their intensity and attack on the footy and in my opinion 1 player lead this charge, C O'keefe was outstanding having a hand in 4 or 5 goals.
His run and dash was amazing but for me his decison making and skills were sublime. He is a freak at this level.
The last quarter was edge of your seat stuff with some great contest all over the ground, both sides were giving it their all.
Spotty got with 5 points after crackers started to take everything coming his way. He kicked a couple and spotty were peppering the goals.
In what looked like a fair bump from where i stood the umps interveined and sent manton off the ground, again in my opinion was clearly the best player on the ground.
Spotty now had massive momentum and 1 less player to deal with, the enevitable seemed they would run over the top, but the cats dug deep and threw everything the had and some how squeezed out a couple of goals to win against the most dominant team in the home and away season ever.

A great effort by the cat, congrats to harro and terry cooper and azza tymms.

Spotty are a great footy club from the juniors all the way up and are run terrific on and off field, i must say after their recent history against us it was enjoyable to watch them get done.

Speaking to a few people around the wrfl it seems alot agree the cockiness is something that beat them this year.
I recall back to when we played them in rd 10 and thinking about my conversation with 1 D.Mangan and he was so cocky and arrogant i told him how quick things can change and his arrogance may come back to bite him on the ass.....well maybe it did, in saying that after losing 3 in a row and then not being part of finals at all this year i would have preferred to be in another gf win or loose i'd much rather be in spotty's situation.
If it is Ben Kelly's last year well done on a great coaching career.

Also any chance the league can change the send off rule, either get rid of it or allow players to be replaced, umps having to much control over lt of the game, we all know that some ups, not all but some love the controversy and attention on themselves, they almost cost the cats the game!

Enjoy the off season.

Full of info!!

Well another great finish in a wrfl gf.
In the first half albion out played spotty all over the ground, i thought finncico, james stevens and bonnici were showing alot of energy and enthusiasm, haldane and manton controlled the spotty forwards also pearce and bloomfield looked very dangerous up fwd.
I think the cats lead by as much as 48 pts and if used the ball a litte better when in space could have been alot further in front at half time than 38pts.
In the 3rd quarter spotty lifted their intensity and attack on the footy and in my opinion 1 player lead this charge, C O'keefe was outstanding having a hand in 4 or 5 goals.
His run and dash was amazing but for me his decison making and skills were sublime. He is a freak at this level.
The last quarter was edge of your seat stuff with some great contest all over the ground, both sides were giving it their all.
Spotty got with 5 points after crackers started to take everything coming his way. He kicked a couple and spotty were peppering the goals.
In what looked like a fair bump from where i stood the umps interveined and sent manton off the ground, again in my opinion was clearly the best player on the ground.
Spotty now had massive momentum and 1 less player to deal with, the enevitable seemed they would run over the top, but the cats dug deep and threw everything the had and some how squeezed out a couple of goals to win against the most dominant team in the home and away season ever.

A great effort by the cat, congrats to harro and terry cooper and azza tymms.

Spotty are a great footy club from the juniors all the way up and are run terrific on and off field, i must say after their recent history against us it was enjoyable to watch them get done.

Speaking to a few people around the wrfl it seems alot agree the cockiness is something that beat them this year.
I recall back to when we played them in rd 10 and thinking about my conversation with 1 D.Mangan and he was so cocky and arrogant i told him how quick things can change and his arrogance may come back to bite him on the ass.....well maybe it did, in saying that after losing 3 in a row and then not being part of finals at all this year i would have preferred to be in another gf win or loose i'd much rather be in spotty's situation.
If it is Ben Kelly's last year well done on a great coaching career.

Also any chance the league can change the send off rule, either get rid of it or allow players to be replaced, umps having to much control over lt of the game, we all know that some ups, not all but some love the controversy and attention on themselves, they almost cost the cats the game!

Enjoy the off season.

Rock, think you'll find send off and report was for dropping knees and Manton took the automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back