Draftee
May 18, 2011
Deer Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good luck to everyone today....

Hopefully Districts have sealed up a finals spot by 5pm tonight :D

sorry Yarraville boys;):p

If you go back a few weeks you'll see my post written regarding you boys. To this day i still predict a Deer Park/Coburg final. Still don't understand why none of you flogs rate this districts team.

karim13

Club Legend
Feb 16, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see some quality U/18's having a run around in the seniors Karim.

yeah got some very good kids playing 18s and 16s who have had a run and all have done there part.. good to blood these kids now, credit to them for putting there hand up and credit to the coaching staff for giving them a crack, im all for it...:thumbsu:

SQUEEKYSQUEEKY

Debutant
Sep 5, 2008
my house
AFL Club
Essendon
yeah got some very good kids playing 18s and 16s who have had a run and all have done there part.. good to blood these kids now, credit to them for putting there hand up and credit to the coaching staff for giving them a crack, im all for it...:thumbsu:

Heard your going back to Cobras next year any truth?

thesilkmeister

Senior List
Apr 13, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you go back a few weeks you'll see my post written regarding you boys. To this day i still predict a Deer Park/Coburg final. Still don't understand why none of you flogs rate this districts team.

Sorry mate, don't see it. I had to leave at halftime today in seniors against districts but if you're pumping up yourselves for GF you must have a few coming back? Last count yarra had 28 missing from seniors and reserves and didn't think we were that far off (to halftime)......I heard we were in it til the end, but you may correct me. Considering two of the outs were two of the best players in the comp in Adam baker(fractured leg) and Andy Willis (back) I think you guys must have a lot of upside.

I was spewing to miss today against your reserves side. Full credit to them, they played well - I'm looking forward to coming back and making you work a little harder :)

SNAKEY

Rookie
Apr 8, 2008
Inner City
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Coburg Districts
Sorry mate, don't see it. I had to leave at halftime today in seniors against districts but if you're pumping up yourselves for GF you must have a few coming back? Last count yarra had 28 missing from seniors and reserves and didn't think we were that far off (to halftime)......I heard we were in it til the end, but you may correct me. Considering two of the outs were two of the best players in the comp in Adam baker(fractured leg) and Andy Willis (back) I think you guys must have a lot of upside.

I was spewing to miss today against your reserves side. Full credit to them, they played well - I'm looking forward to coming back and making you work a little harder :)

you guys played very well, full credit to your boys who were basically playing there own mini final! although we did run away with it towards the end...

big games this week if phippa and the west boys can pull off
"the parkside job" then it's open for the winner of wyndhamvale and us for third!!

hopefully west and districts get the job done this week:D

LavertonMagpie

All Australian
Feb 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations to the 5 sides that have made the finals for Division 2 in 2011 especially to the Wyndhamvale Falcons. It just goes to show how a club that coming from as far back as we have in terms of perception, culture, image and reputation and ability and acheive what you have with a great off-field set-up (committee and supporters), sensational coach (and bloke) in Luke Dennerley (and you too Evo :D) and a list of players prepared to do all the little things, listen to your coach and remain disciplined and stuck to the game plan as well as do all required by your club. It is testament to all clubs that 'if you build it, it will come'. Well done guys!
We hope to take some further steps forward in 2012 and be fast on your heels so watch out!
Best of luck to those that get to play finals football on an individual and a team level, it is a great feeling and a great opportunity and achievement... Us other 6 clubs would love to be there but you have done the work, got the results and make the most of opportunity as ladder position may help but counts for little come the pressure of finals footy.

Cheers,

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

w.weapons

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2006
in the dog house
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
w.c.c champions 06/07
weapo 15 kicks (100%) 4 handballs(75%) 4 marks(100%) 5 handballs recieved(100%) 2 tackles(100%) 1 tackle(100%) 1 hip and shoulder(100%) and a deer park win!!!!! super coach pts gee whizz CAPTIAN CREDENTIALS THERE.......

AGAIN.......even with albanvale with 25 on the park in the last 2 1/4's.........maybe a taste of things to come.......

great to be out there with a $1000 bounty on my head..........w***ers.....hahahaha

GO LIONS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Districts losing by 1 point doesn't really matter for 2 reasons;

1. Parkside won to secure 3rd spot

2. Wyndwmvale kicked 7 goals to
0 in the 3rd quarter and still only won by 1 point!

nicko99

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Warriors
Week 1 of the division 2 finals will be played at chirnside park, werribee.
Saturday 2.15 - albanvale vs parkside
Sunday 2.15 - wyndhamvale vs coburg

Scoobiesnack

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well done to the Falcons. Great effort. 6 or 7 weeks ago they seemed miles off being a contender come finals. Or should I say a deserved finals team, because I still think Deer Park should win it and win it easily. Looking at scores lately I'd assume they have been resting players and have been waiting for finals for a bit of atmosphere. Good luck.
Falcons vs Coburg should be a cracker. Looking forward to watching a bunch of kids rubbings round chirnside park in the green and gold. Must be buzzing out at honour Avenue this week. Hopefully they make a prelim so the big fella Evo can play a finals game for the club he has rebuilt. Deserves it. Not the weak as piss suspension he got for verbal abuse. Bloke whack blokes behind play most weeks and we have a guy miss a month for talking to an umpire. GIVE ME A SPELL.

theinsider10

Rookie
Dec 2, 2008
Australia
my tips

albanvale by 20 pts

falcons by 1 pt

Agree with albanvale getting up v parkside, but I've got to go with districts getting over the vales this week. Great to see both clubs back in the finals.

I'll go a bit further and have parkside to knock off districts the week after, back up against albanvale and knock them off to make their 3rd straight gf. Not sure why they'll turn it around, just on what I've seen this year i feel they can nick one from albanvale and it could be that one.

DP to have no worries in their games and finally go up to div 1.

Deerpark27

Draftee
May 18, 2011
Deer Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree with albanvale getting up v parkside, but I've got to go with districts getting over the vales this week. Great to see both clubs back in the finals.

I'll go a bit further and have parkside to knock off districts the week after, back up against albanvale and knock them off to make their 3rd straight gf. Not sure why they'll turn it around, just on what I've seen this year i feel they can nick one from albanvale and it could be that one.

DP to have no worries in their games and finally go up to div 1.

I too agree with Albanvale beating Parkside. But as for Coburg winning, i don't think so. When the falcons are on, they are on. I was there watching them last week. A big ground will suit their runners well, coburg having too many players over the age of 28-30. I will go as far as saying the falcons can make the prelim.

Good luck to everyone.

Daz.

Deerpark27

Draftee
May 18, 2011
Deer Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congratulations to the 5 sides that have made the finals for Division 2 in 2011 especially to the Wyndhamvale Falcons. It just goes to show how a club that coming from as far back as we have in terms of perception, culture, image and reputation and ability and acheive what you have with a great off-field set-up (committee and supporters), sensational coach (and bloke) in Luke Dennerley (and you too Evo :D) and a list of players prepared to do all the little things, listen to your coach and remain disciplined and stuck to the game plan as well as do all required by your club. It is testament to all clubs that 'if you build it, it will come'. Well done guys!
We hope to take some further steps forward in 2012 and be fast on your heels so watch out!
Best of luck to those that get to play finals football on an individual and a team level, it is a great feeling and a great opportunity and achievement... Us other 6 clubs would love to be there but you have done the work, got the results and make the most of opportunity as ladder position may help but counts for little come the pressure of finals footy.

Cheers,

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

Great post here Justin.
A few weeks ago, I think just after they played you, i really rated this Coburg team. However, after watching them since. Really disappointing. Football is to be played down the corridor. Not on the boundary lines.
When will players ever learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back