Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at only 8 Division one teams next year, no promotion & 2 teams relegated.

Needs to be a better restructure because if they are to do what there planning (Deer Park) they should be in Div 1 ahead of Glenordan, Nth.Foots, Sun, Heights, were they would be able to compete quite easily.

Be interesting if there is a Re-structure how they league would do it, and also how they would accomodate a Div 3 is there was to be one. :confused:

Needs to be a better restructure because if they are to do what there planning (Deer Park) they should be in Div 1 ahead of Glenordan, Nth.Foots, Sun, Heights, were they would be able to compete quite easily.

Be interesting if there is a Re-structure how they league would do it, and also how they would accomodate a Div 3 is there was to be one. :confused:

WTF why do deer park deserve to be there above ordan nth foots and heights your a typical deer park suck you blokes had yr chance 3 yrs ago to go up but whimped out IF you win this years flag then you have earnt the right to go up till then shut yr pie hole and sit in division 2 till you grow sum balls and play with the men in div 1

WTF why do deer park deserve to be there above ordan nth foots and heights your a typical deer park suck you blokes had yr chance 3 yrs ago to go up but whimped out IF you win this years flag then you have earnt the right to go up till then shut yr pie hole and sit in division 2 till you grow sum balls and play with the men in div 1

Number one i am from DISTRICTS! not Deer Park

Number two the sides i mentioned are extremely mediocre Div One sides hence there performances (Deer Park would do to them what they did to teams this year in Div two)

Number three they obviously did not want to go up three years ago because they would be in the same boat as those teams i mentioned, so i agree IF they win this year (which they will...) they will go up with the MEN of Div one and not just be making up the numbers like some teams in Div one are,

because they are better prepared then they were 3 years ago! and that's a credit to the guys who made that decision.

right weapons?

hahahaha sour grapes!!!.....no whimping out chump......'hopefully its the right decision in a couple weeks time'....

go lions.......

Number one i am from DISTRICTS! not Deer Park

Number two the sides i mentioned are extremely mediocre Div One sides hence there performances (Deer Park would do to them what they did to teams this year in Div two)

Number three they obviously did not want to go up three years ago because they would be in the same boat as those teams i mentioned, so i agree IF they win this year (which they will...) they will go up with the MEN of Div one and not just be making up the numbers like some teams in Div one are,

because they are better prepared then they were 3 years ago! and that's a credit to the guys who made that decision.

right weapons?

ahhh huh.......on the money!!!

I have no affiliation to either division, league or club, but hats off to Wyndham vale and luke dennerley and the fantastic job he has done down there! Hopefully they stick together down there as they are on the right track!

Deer Park V Unfinancial Albanvale

How can this happen, how can a team that is unfinancial be allowed to take part in a finals series.

How would it be if Albanvale got up and won, just as Deer Park did to Parkside.

i know thats a long shot but things like this happen an underdog getting up.
Yarraville have missed out on a finals series because of this, Wyndham Vale miss out
on a grand final birth.

It's great to see Albanvale players sticking together and getting to that last week, but how can the WRFL allow an UNFINANCIAL team to play finals.

I would like to see if these players are covered by the League insurance policy if the club they are playing for are unfinancial.
The WRFL top dogs have some explaining to do, looks like they are soft and bending the rules.

Deer Park V Unfinancial Albanvale

How can this happen, how can a team that is unfinancial be allowed to take part in a finals series.

How would it be if Albanvale got up and won, just as Deer Park did to Parkside.

i know thats a long shot but things like this happen an underdog getting up.
Yarraville have missed out on a finals series because of this, Wyndham Vale miss out
on a grand final birth.

It's great to see Albanvale players sticking together and getting to that last week, but how can the WRFL allow an UNFINANCIAL team to play finals.

I would like to see if these players are covered by the League insurance policy if the club they are playing for are unfinancial.
The WRFL top dogs have some explaining to do, looks like they are soft and bending the rules.

Rule 15.4 clearly states that any unfinancial club 7 days prior to a final, can NOT participate in a finals match and they are to be replaced with the next highest ranked side at the time. If true about Albanvale a few sides would have cause for appeal.

Rule 3.2 covers the insurance question, and the way I read it, all the clubs would have to agree to the WRFL covering the insurance for unfinancial clubs.
annual insurance may be covered by the first lot of league fees however making this a non issue.

Rule 15.4 clearly states that any unfinancial club 7 days prior to a final, can NOT participate in a finals match and they are to be replaced with the next highest ranked side at the time. If true about Albanvale a few sides would have cause for appeal.

Rule 3.2 covers the insurance question, and the way I read it, all the clubs would have to agree to the WRFL covering the insurance for unfinancial clubs.
annual insurance may be covered by the first lot of league fees however making this a non issue.

Must mean that Albanvale is financial then :thumbsu:

Surely Condos would have to come close!!!

my boy jimmy.........:eek:

christian day would be right up their.........

mick lindsay would have to be the 2nd best fward behind condos.......last 5 or 6 weeks has kicked 5 plus every game.....

though if he is kept quiet cant see the cobras winning.....

interesting game on the weekend very interesting.......deer park clear fav's but gee whizz its the big dance and anything can happen.......nervous times a head......

good luck to the d/p u/18's also in the big dance sunday......

ps......deer park are holding a buisness luncheon friday with rocket eade a guest speaker well done to the commitee and the lions den memebers who have made this possible........will be interesting.......

pps.......how were the 20 large pizza's down at parkside a couple of weeks ago........:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol no chance deer park to win by 20 goals

24 from albanvqale. hes a runing machinee, he done an amzing job on LD, he stuck to his task ALL day, get him to shut no 10 down, attack summers in the middle, not physicLLy, but so he cant shoot the quick ball down, give ibi the other midfielder, yourve pretty much shut down the engine room, supply becomes demanding, arguments start, concentrate on the midfield DC

24 from albanvqale. hes a runing machinee, he done an amzing job on LD, he stuck to his task ALL day, get him to shut no 10 down, attack summers in the middle, not physicLLy, but so he cant shoot the quick ball down, give ibi the other midfielder, yourve pretty much shut down the engine room, supply becomes demanding, arguments start, concentrate on the midfield DC

then you got stanka hill nelson day skinny to contend with.....throw robbo in as the 5th midfielder around stopages and theres the release........

well done to the coach/captian of the cobra's for getting to the buisness luncheon at d/p yesterday......see i can pump you's up.......

ceo of the wrfl was there too and our comp is looking good.....3 divisions come up.....also finals venues......and i totally forgotten about williamstowns ground as a finals venue but when the works are completed wrfl will be looking at the groud as a finals venue......

well run and rocket eade was fantastic.....

Division 2 Grand Final preview/tip:

Having gone through the season and played Deer Park once and Albanvale twice and then watching the game 2 weeks ago where Deer Park won by 21 goals, it is in my opinion (weather pending and all things being equal) that Deer Park will run our clear winners tomorrow by a margin of 15 goals plus.

Take nothing away from the assembled Albanvale side but having played each week of the finals series now and looking quite tired, lethargic and with not enough run and pace in the legs over the past 2 games, I cannot see where they can make the a) necessary improvement to win the game and b) to maintain 4 quarters of hard run, team work and commitment to bridge the gap on the scoreboard....

Albanvale are a good side and were the 2nd best side in the competition this season and their skill, run and carry and overall performance against us the 2nd time around was sensational BUT they are playing a side that is fresh, confident, has an abundance of skill/talent and is very hard to match up on because they are VERY fit, are always prepared to move, attack and create space for each other and at the same time work back the other way too. They will win and cap off for them a brilliant season and the deserved right to move into first division in 2012.

As for the talk of 3 divisions in 2012, if true, I personally believe it will be a backward step for the competition... Having less than 8 sides in any division is farcial and becomes a joke... The VCFL has and does break down leagues with fewer than 8 teams (ie. CGFL circa 2006, Lexton Plains League 2010) and as such I would see that unless the WRFL can attract a minimum of 5 new clubs and retain all others (making the potential for say Div 1 = 10 teams, Div 2 = 8 teams, Div 3 = 8 teams), then it should stick to the current 2 divisions and then working on gradually attracting new teams/clubs and when division 2 has enough clubs, then look to forming the 3 divisions... Just my opinion though.

Best of luck to Deer Park and Albanvale tomorrow in what the other 9 division 2 clubs wish they were a part of tomorrow!

2011 Best and Fairest Results and 2012 Re-appointment

2011 Best and Fairest Results:

Senior Best and Fairest - Michael Kennedy
Runner up - Craig Wells

Reserves Best and Fairest - Michael Seex
Runner up - John Cott.

Congratulations to these guys and all other trophy winners!!!

I am thrilled to announce that I have been re-appointed senior coach of the Laverton Magpies FC for 2012 and for my third season.

This was announced last night at our Presentation Night which was well attended and was great to see pretty much a 60/40 split of both men and women... The club continues to grow in stature and as a place that people want to be involved with and we are all looking forward to the 2012 season where those from within know that we as a club underachieved this season by missing out on finals football and I believe are very well placed to continue our improvement and development and reap the rewards of a finals spot next season.

The club has improved from 2 wins in 2010 to 7 wins in 2011 and whilst not only will we retain 80-90% of our senior list from this season, our current players (average age of 22-23) will mature and improve and we will attract more new recruits to help us take the necessary next step. It is great to see that I have already had players from other clubs enquiring and/or committed to coming across next season as they are seeing our improvement in attitudes, culture, discipline and as a family/partner friendly club. This makes my job easier and we will work hard on continuing to do the right things and success and positivity builds success.

What we need and hope to get is 1-2 playing assistant coaches that may be interested to learn from me and help develop their future coaching aspirations and I believe that there will be a number of players running around in Division 1 that this will appeal to and a number of EDFL A and B grade senior/reserve players that i/we will approach to come across and assume these roles... What we have is a lot of home grown youth and raw talent, what we need is some 'extra' strengths to compliment our list and this plus an expanded list of players that will train 2 nights a week and prepared to play 100% for the team and with a positive and hard-working mindset will make all the difference...

We need to and will not be able to keep players that continually want to play as individuals and stick to where the team needs to and wants to head and as such the players that do leave (big name or small name) will not be losses at all as they will only derail the rest of our playing list if they are to stay. We stand by that any player that doesn't want to be a part of what we can all see (SUCCESS) and to do all of the right things and be there for the right reasons, then they will automatically be given a clearance as long as they are fully financial with our club.

Lastly, if anyone that reads this is keen themselves or may know someone that is, what we do need is some really pertinent people to join our football department - Reserves Coach, Team and/or Football Manager, runner/s, sports trainer/s and water boys, so please don't hesitate to make contact with me or the club if you may be interested.

Pre-season will start on Monday November 21 at 6pm!

thanks super coach........that only happens at lavo..........:eek:

............................BLUE AND GOLD BLOOD.........................

thanks super coach........that only happens at lavo..........:eek:

............................BLUE AND GOLD BLOOD.........................

and superman :), enjoy ya night, wish it were me, lets
hope the league learn a valuable lesson from this season and use its power to at least be seen to be trying to fix the problem we had all year

Went down to watch the Div 2 grand final on saturday, and it was a bit of a let down. I honestly thought Albanvale would have put up more of a fight.

Back to Deer Park all credit to them they are a quality side and deserve to go through all year un defeated and win the Grand final, but as i was watching ( and listening) all i could hear was them calling for free kicks even sometimes before they would happen, sooking a bit i thought. (just play the game)
As for condos good on him for a ripper of a season with kicking 150 goals and 7 of them in the grand final, my opinion still doesnt change though when i said earlier on in the year that most of goals were from on the run or passed to him during play, didnt see him win a fair contest all day. And when he does play on dont think he's ever going to pass.

Anyways good luck to them next year in Div 1 becuase i think they will need it.

Went down to watch the Div 2 grand final on saturday, and it was a bit of a let down. I honestly thought Albanvale would have put up more of a fight.

Back to Deer Park all credit to them they are a quality side and deserve to go through all year un defeated and win the Grand final, but as i was watching ( and listening) all i could hear was them calling for free kicks even sometimes before they would happen, sooking a bit i thought. (just play the game)
As for condos good on him for a ripper of a season with kicking 150 goals and 7 of them in the grand final, my opinion still doesnt change though when i said earlier on in the year that most of goals were from on the run or passed to him during play, didnt see him win a fair contest all day. And when he does play on dont think he's ever going to pass.

i thought the umpiring wasnt special towards deer park and the players would have been frustrated in the first half just like the supporters where i was standing.your comments about weapons boy condos are idiodic.i thought the game plan dished up by albanvale was of a coach who didnt want to win the game.when the albanvale players run and carry they look a good side and on a handfull of occasions opened deer park up but failed through skill errors going into fwd 50.
christian day what a game congratulations to him daniel nelson best small forward i have seen in a long time.

weapons red carded :thumbsdown:

Well it looks like the off field money dramas at Albanvale FC during the year have turned into on feild dramas with the coach walking away and about 10 players going with him.

Well it looks like the off field money dramas at Albanvale FC during the year have turned into on feild dramas with the coach walking away and about 10 players going with him.

gee whizz weapo is back..........

well done d.connell on getting the glenroy job.....another club obviously with no trams and trains!!!!gee i think he took 10 players from his last club in the edfl 2nd div this is a bloke i wouldnt want coaching my club.....will never win a flag!!!!....as i stated 2 weeks ago........albanvale to fold........because of pieater!!!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back