Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They won’t go anywhere.
If they were, you’d think perhaps EDFL. The current side would hold its own.

Let's put the blatant cheating aside for a minute (which noone on here has denied btw), can anyone explain to me why when the points cap came into play, the WRFL chose to set it at 50? I'd hazard a guess that the 9 other teams in the comp would have averaged below 40.

The league is an accomplice in this situation. They let Deer Park retain the bulk of their mercenary list but setting a limit 10 points above the league average. Let's add to this they allowed the poaching of, and payment to, junior players. WRFL has a lot to answer for....

Let's put the blatant cheating aside for a minute (which noone on here has denied btw), can anyone explain to me why when the points cap came into play, the WRFL chose to set it at 50? I'd hazard a guess that the 9 other teams in the comp would have averaged below 40.

The league is an accomplice in this situation. They let Deer Park retain the bulk of their mercenary list but setting a limit 10 points above the league average. Let's add to this they allowed the poaching of, and payment to, junior players. WRFL has a lot to answer for....

The WRFL was never going to address the payments and poaching of junior players. DP sold it well and therefore the WRFL chose to do nothing. I don't think there was a rule relevant to the situation anyway. A bit of a shame for the young blokes who played their juniors at DP but were watching the GF win from the stands.

As for the cap, I don't think there are many local leagues with the resources to tackle it properly so they're just paying the salary cap a bit of lip service.

The mistake was made when players were given point reductions for their service before the points system came in.

Players should of been aligned points on their previous playing history.
1 - 40 Game junior
2- local reserves player
3 - local senior player
4 - VFL senior player
5 - AFL player
No additional points for moving clubs, goal kicking awards, best & fairest awards. Once you leave a club & return you start on a 3. A recruited player can only get as low as a 2 pointer. Let’s make it simple. If this system was put in place then Deer Park would of not won the last 2 flags.

Players should of been aligned points on their previous playing history.
1 - 40 Game junior
2- local reserves player
3 - local senior player
4 - VFL senior player
5 - AFL player
No additional points for moving clubs, goal kicking awards, best & fairest awards. Once you leave a club & return you start on a 3. A recruited player can only get as low as a 2 pointer. Let’s make it simple. If this system was put in place then Deer Park would of not won the last 2 flags.
Dumb post
How do clubs without juniors get better and more importantly stay alive
Deer park played with 36 points on the weekend
Hats off to the best administered club in local football
All you nuffys involved with other clubs would take one flag let alone 6 in a row

Dumb post
All you nuffys involved with other clubs would take one flag let alone 6 in a row

I think some clubs say managing a junior program is too hard and don't try hard enough.

DP have had full complements of junior sides at times over the years but don't sustain the effort to maintain it.

I think the points system is designed partly to encourage clubs to invest in their junior numbers, that's how clubs without juniors will "get better".

Dumb post

You missed out mentioning they are funded by GA. Without GA getting involved when he did Deer Park might not even still be alive pal. Bulleen, Stewart, Jacko Barling all came across due to GA paying them and bankrolling most other players. Yes they did the hotel on board after GA stepped in.
To say best administrative club is a joke mate.

I’m not bagging them but let’s be serious here the only reason they are where they are is GA. I’m sure other clubs would have welcomed GA into there club however Deer Park were the lucky club. If he was to go to another club then these players most likely walk.

I think some clubs say managing a junior program is too hard and don't try hard enough.

DP have had full complements of junior sides at times over the years but don't sustain the effort to maintain it.

I think the points system is designed partly to encourage clubs to invest in their junior numbers, that's how clubs without juniors will "get better".
Juniors and Seniors, the great debate what is more important to a club. Deer Park has shown that Juniors you don't need them as long as you have the cash you will field a good senior side. Then Altona, Werribee and Hoppers juniors are important as they don't have the same cash to throw around as Deer Park so they need to develop juniors to compete.

It will be interesting to see how Point Cook and Caroline Springs go in Div 1 over the next 5-10 years, they are the biggest Junior clubs in the WRFL and whether Deer Park can maintain the current level of player spend.

Dumb post
I’ve read it all now !!! You of all people calling others Nuffies !! Dumb as well! You are clueless!!!

You missed out mentioning they are funded by GA. Without GA getting involved when he did Deer Park might not even still be alive pal. Bulleen, Stewart, Jacko Barling all came across due to GA paying them and bankrolling most other players. Yes they did the hotel on board after GA stepped in.
To say best administrative club is a joke mate.

I’m not bagging them but let’s be serious here the only reason they are where they are is GA. I’m sure other clubs would have welcomed GA into there club however Deer Park were the lucky club. If he was to go to another club then these players most likely walk.
I will think you will find GA involvement is not as great as most think it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb post
Dumb post by you!!
They have cheated the salary cap from when it came in.
To say the best administered club is very embarrassing. They are good at cheating.

Dumb post by you!!
They have cheated the salary cap from when it came in.
To say the best administered club is very embarrassing. They are good at cheating.
If things don't change and they just keep rolling on like they are at the moment then is any club in the WRFL capable of providing a decent challenge? I heard them on the post game video saying they were going for 10 in a row. Realistically who's to say that wont happen.

I will think you will find GA involvement is not as great as most think it is.

Your correct as he does support a couple of other clubs to some degree but you can be sure that if Bulleen is coaching then GA is involved. This relationship was built from the Marby Park days. Stewart is also well looked after purely from GA.

Your correct as he does support a couple of other clubs to some degree but you can be sure that if Bulleen is coaching then GA is involved. This relationship was built from the Marby Park days. Stewart is also well looked after purely from GA.[/QUOTE

You wouldn’t have a clue how the club functions
They have got 6
I was told Spotswood played 9 in a row without the points and salary cap
But not good enough to win them all

So why do these guys cop it so bad

Are you daft?

The amazing feat is overshadowed by blatant rorting of a fundamentally flawed equalization system and compounded by the blatant cheating via way of sign on fees and brown paper bag payments.

If that's amazing administration, we've all been doing it very wrong.

You and any other Deer Park defender can call it sour grapes, jealousy, whatever you like, but at the end of the day, when they admit to cheating to all and sundry, the 6 in a row means little to me, or anyone else for that matter.

As for Spotty, can bet your bottom dollar there were at least 3 clubs each and every year of those 8 that spent as much, if not more than they did. To cap it off, they did it off the back of an outstanding junior program and astute recruiting.

Are you daft?

The amazing feat is overshadowed by blatant rorting of a fundamentally flawed equalization system and compounded by the blatant cheating via way of sign on fees and brown paper bag payments.

If that's amazing administration, we've all been doing it very wrong.

You and any other Deer Park defender can call it sour grapes, jealousy, whatever you like, but at the end of the day, when they admit to cheating to all and sundry, the 6 in a row means little to me, or anyone else for that matter.

As for Spotty, can bet your bottom dollar there were at least 3 clubs each and every year of those 8 that spent as much, if not more than they did. To cap it off, they did it off the back of an outstanding junior program and astute recruiting.
Now the dust has settled I think everyone should be Big enough to acknowledge the great achievement of the Deer Park Football Club. 6 Flags in a row is amazing and a testament to the volunteers and loyal players and coach

Now the dust has settled I think everyone should be Big enough to acknowledge the great achievement of the Deer Park Football Club. 6 Flags in a row is amazing and a testament to the volunteers and loyal players and coach
You forgot to mention the most important thing, the big cheque book. Credit to them they have brought the right players into the club to win the premierships and hats off to the Administration for raising enough money to pay the players.

You can win/buy premierships but you have to earn respect.

Hoppers need a ruck and key fwd
Altona a quality mid hearing kennedy to return .
No byrnes kennedy condos , hearing stewart may move . 2019 looms as a great year . Deer park no where near the 2014-16 version , shame altona got injuries at back end

Hoppers need a ruck and key fwd
Altona a quality mid hearing kennedy to return .
No byrnes kennedy condos , hearing stewart may move . 2019 looms as a great year . Deer park no where near the 2014-16 version , shame altona got injuries at back end
Have also heard Stewart is on the move but believe it when I see it... surely there is no chance Kennedy to come back? The reason he left was because he didn’t get along with saade and he is still coach isn’t he? Also hearing Perkins back to port colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back