Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have signed a lot more than that. Would think they will be back to finals contenders in 2018.
Great for the competition to have St Albans back wanting to push for finals. Haven't recruited any big names or guns for some time. Would get the following which when up and about is one of the biggest in the WRFL.
Should see some of them come back to support and watch half a decent side compared to recent times.
It always intrigued me how St Albans with the facilities and following never really gave it a decent crack.
Surely the clubs financial ok to get some decent players. Maybe this is the year.
Who else have they signed?

Also C.S seem to be in a good spot being able to recruit from just reading sounds like a big recruit.

Would probably be the most expensive FF going round in country Vic at the moment. Should kick a bag in this comp but won’t have the Midfield he had at Albury putting the ball down his throat each week.
Is a absolute jet will tear this comp a new one , nearly kicked 100 this year after missing the first 6 games through suspension !
Yes he wont have the mids he had at albury but if he has half decent delivery he will do the rest, good luck to the full backs , your going to need it !

Is a absolute jet will tear this comp a new one , nearly kicked 100 this year after missing the first 6 games through suspension !
Yes he wont have the mids he had at albury but if he has half decent delivery he will do the rest, good luck to the full backs , your going to need it !
Any of these blokes actually been to St Albans or Caro Springs? Better make sure they lock their car doors while waiting for the lights to change !!

Any of these blokes actually been to St Albans or Caro Springs? Better make sure they lock their car doors while waiting for the lights to change !!

Haha. Classic. I think they give all players a St Albans car sticker so people won’t touch there cars. Plenty of car badges go missing at St Albans amongst other things..

1 out of 3 there Survey regarding Altona . I'm quickly changing my stance on Deer Park . I've always admired clubs that find a way to improve and have success , however once the salary cap was implemented whether you agree with it or not it needs to be adhered to . Clearly Deer Park are taking to p... . The coin the tall back man from the EDFL has signed for is double his worth IMO. There is also a "sign on" included which is against the rules . Surely AFL Victoria and/or the WRFL need to look into their operations very very closely.

Tighe will be a great pick up for Altona. They probably have the best midfield in this comp would you say Bully. Probably better than Deer Park??
Robbins, Kenna, Lunardi etc.

Last edited:
Tighe will be a great pick up for Altona. They probably have the best midfield in this comp would you say Bully. Probably better than Deer Park??
Robbins, Kenna, Lunardi etc.

Kerr, Jenkins and co isnt bad either now.

But Altona have some key big men will go a long way. They need a meet forward imo.

With clubs recruiting well. Where does clubs like hoppers and Werribee stand? I get they keep it to home grown players but for them to contend. They need to top up. Especially hoppers. If they didn't give this year a serious nudge I can't see the last 5 years been a success.

But Altona have some key big men will go a long way. They need a meet forward imo.

With clubs recruiting well. Where does clubs like hoppers and Werribee stand? I get they keep it to home grown players but for them to contend. They need to top up. Especially hoppers. If they didn't give this year a serious nudge I can't see the last 5 years been a success.

Probably on the money there mate. Not sure Kerr will play as many games as publicly stated. Could be more to raise the clubs profile I reckon.
I do admire St Albans for the way the club goes about running things. They don’t spend it all on the footy side hence why they have great facilities. I do agree it would be good to see them back amongst it though for the competitions sake..

I think you will found out where Hoppers stand very shortly, 4 new recruits from VFL 3 are 1 pointers and the other is a gun on baller who will win Comp medal. an early call but he is a jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmation that 2017 comp medalist Steven Kennedy heading back to darley. There must be some big problems down at grant reserve if he wants to leave his junior club and best mates after just 1 season back at the club!

Confirmation that 2017 comp medalist Steven Kennedy heading back to darley. There must be some big problems down at grant reserve if he wants to leave his junior club and best mates after just 1 season back at the club!
simple he does not get on with coach

He signed with Darley 2 weeks ago and it took him until Yesterday to officially tell Altona . You suggest there "must be big problems " on Kennedy leaving ? You are kidding champ .He's done them a favour . You can't be a member of a coaching group and match committee , say nothing all year then question its direction once the year finishes . That lacks integrity. Also he wouldn't have been "back at the club " if he hadn't done the same thing previously. Best mates? What rubbish.

He signed with Darley 2 weeks ago and it took him until Yesterday to officially tell Altona . You suggest there "must be big problems " on Kennedy leaving ? You are kidding champ .He's done them a favour . You can't be a member of a coaching group and match committee , say nothing all year then question its direction once the year finishes . That lacks integrity. Also he wouldn't have been "back at the club " if he hadn't done the same thing previously. Best mates? What rubbish.
Lol you sound a bit salty about the situation? I know for a fact that there is atleast 6-7 of the boys down there that are his close mate so don't give me that "rubbish" and maybe Kennedy won't be the only one to leave the Vikings this year also.

Lol you sound a bit salty about the situation? I know for a fact that there is atleast 6-7 of the boys down there that are his close mate so don't give me that "rubbish" and maybe Kennedy won't be the only one to leave the Vikings this year also.
Why would I be salty? I think it's great . They don't need blokes with his attitude. They did better without him in '16 anyway. If a few went with him It would make no difference , most can't get a kick. Unfortunately most clubs have a group who think they are either hard done by or know everything. Very ordinary players who think only of themselves.

This came down to Kennedy wanted more $$$ , yes he's a good player but if he was truly an Altona person he'd take a cut so they can get more players in and have a crack at winning a flag, not continue to line his own pockets... Do you think its co-incidence he left Darley and they won a flag, he goes back but he's missed the boat my friend, Darley who were great this year don't have the mental capacity to back it up. Kennedy will go down as one of those blokes who was a good footballer but has no idea of being a true club or team man..

Kennedy gone. Paget gone. Turnbull going. Tighe not coming.

Kennedy offered massive money to stay. I'm also led to believe Ghazi offered to stand down.

Kennedy does have mates at the club btw.

Kennedy gone. Paget gone. Turnbull going. Tighe not coming.

Kennedy offered massive money to stay. I'm also led to believe Ghazi offered to stand down.

Kennedy does have mates at the club btw.
You are certainly in the know . Paget returning to live in Adelaide, Turnbull needs to work out if he's a footballer or an international jet setter, any club who takes on Sean Tighe will be left wondering why they did , and a final word on Mr Kennedy , no I'll refrain from saying anymore , he's not worth it . The club had to change it's personnel, they were failures . Now you know so much tell us about the imminent signings . In fact a nice signing took place today . Ghazi and the club will move on no matter who leaves . Individuals who don't fully commit are a waste of time .

You are certainly in the know . Paget returning to live in Adelaide, Turnbull needs to work out if he's a footballer or an international jet setter, any club who takes on Sean Tighe will be left wondering why they did , and a final word on Mr Kennedy , no I'll refrain from saying anymore , he's not worth it . The club had to change it's personnel, they were failures . Now you know so much tell us about the imminent signings . In fact a nice signing took place today . Ghazi and the club will move on no matter who leaves . Individuals who don't fully commit are a waste of time .

Only two signings I'm aware of are El Houli and the return from injury of Jawed. Not as ITK as I once was.

We can leave the Kennedy stuff alone. He's gone and that's it really.

I was also told Turnbull may have been offered some pretty good coin in the EDFL. Doutta I believe.

Only two signings I'm aware of are El Houli and the return from injury of Jawed. Not as ITK as I once was.

We can leave the Kennedy stuff alone. He's gone and that's it really.
Fair enough on Kennedy. El Houli is ALL about the coin I'm afraid and club has offered a fair deal so he'll end up at the highest bidder , which won't be at Altona unless other clubs wise up . He gets mixed up between himself and Alex Rance . Altona will replace those who leave (and it won't be as many as rumoured) and hence will be competitive but how competitive we'll have to wait and see .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back