Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Werribee player did throw the first punch but and was reported but was thrown out

The Werribee player reported was #26 Callea. Werribee #4 Chadwick is the player who threw the first one at Hoppers #14 Riosa and then got one back with interest.

My question was really alluding to the fact that the league have decided to step in regarding the penalty given by the umpire to the Hoppers player not playing in the Grand Final BUT not to lay a charge against the Werribee player who is playing in the Grand Final. Seems convenient for the league to schedule the tribunal hearing next week.

From what I saw on the day and have since seen on video, both players got each other on the chin but only one has been held to account. Must be because he hit him harder.

It's actually not a bad idea if they are in a financial position to be competitive. I'm hearing Sharpie might be returning there as coach. He still gets around to local games but gee it's going back in time. I'm sure Sharpie might be a good option for div3 but surely not div1 due to his been out of the caper to long.[/QUOTE]

Going back in time ???? The Bloke would be nudging 70 years of age !!!! :confused: Not in great health from what I am told either.

D

DP by 10 goals.
McKarg BOG again !!! Biggest game player going round.
Well that was a great game
That game shows why they need a point system , anyone see the Van Riet report he just continues to do stupid things when he doesn't need to

Well that was a great game
That game shows why they need a point system , anyone see the Van Riet report he just continues to do stupid things when he doesn't need to
Were the Deer Park boys as subdued as what they were last year? What a joke, what's the margin going to be next year, 200 points.

Thay need to make a state league around the metro region top 2 teams in every comp to compete against each other or else it will just stay dominate for years

Thay need to make a state league around the metro region top 2 teams in every comp to compete against each other or else it will just stay dominate for years
Everyone whinges about Deer Park spending more money than other teams and yet you all play for money yourselves and/or at a club that spends money on players but clearly not enough to compete with Deer Park... Get over it and either rise to the challenge or move on. Stop whinging.

Jm it's all good an proper and really good on them but grass roots footy will be dead if it keeps going id love to win a flag with at least 10 of my mates I played juniors with I might be wrong but heard only 1 home grown player played today all these blokes who go club to club chasing money can not be good for clubs

Jm it's all good an proper and really good on them but grass roots footy will be dead if it keeps going id love to win a flag with at least 10 of my mates I played juniors with I might be wrong but heard only 1 home grown player played today all these blokes who go club to club chasing money can not be good for clubs
All blokes go from club to club now, sadly that is what happens now and in all divisions... Div 3 there are blokes that chop and change every year - it's all for an extra dollar or two and don't feed me the bullshit line that it's to play with mates... 2-3 blokes that would jump to another club for an extra buck... Sticking with one club is an extreme rarity and every player is now just a poorer version of a Deer Park player... Most of you just wish that Deer Park were calling you to play there and guess what? If you were good enough, you'd be there in a heartbeat!

All blokes go from club to club now, sadly that is what happens now and in all divisions... Div 3 there are blokes that chop and change every year - it's all for an extra dollar or two and don't feed me the bullshit line that it's to play with mates... 2-3 blokes that would jump to another club for an extra buck... Sticking with one club is an extreme rarity and every player is now just a poorer version of a Deer Park player... Most of you just wish that Deer Park were calling you to play there and guess what? If you were good enough, you'd be there in a heartbeat!
You haven't been around the league long enough have you I reckon almost all but deer park would have 10 plus juniors playing seniors now but you always have sumthing to say so I'll let you have your rant

You haven't been around the league long enough have you I reckon almost all but deer park would have 10 plus juniors playing seniors now but you always have sumthing to say so I'll let you have your rant
Mate I know more about football than you ever will... Considering I played at St Albans in 2000 I'm tipping I have a fair bit of knowledge about the league. You know it all though! Who are you?

I heard a pretty good sledge today. A bloke yells out to the Deer Park bench. "You're kidding yourselves, aren't ya? You spent 450 grand for a 50 buck cup." Nothing back from the Deer Park bench who'd ben quite mouthy before that.
Anyhow, after the cash is gone, all the brand new Deer Park polos worn by the so called faithful will be used as rags to armour oil their VS Commodores.
As for your earlier comment about competing rather than whinging, when the rumoured spend is 4 times the nearest rival, nobody is competing. There just isn't that type of money around unless....you know the rest.
You would want to think that the 'play with your mates' philosophy rings true, especially for your club. That sort of defeatist attitude you hold has brought about some pretty lean times for many clubs. That's unless someone has ridden into Lavo carrying bag loads of cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last 2yeRs has seen a very good side put together through cash win the premiership. Today like last year the 2loosingteams didn't believe they could win and wen through the motions.
The changes through points and and point and salary cap will take effect in 3 or 4 years as things even out.

The alternate is a metro league with division A though to what ever similar to the EPL. I believe only then will the competition even out with clubs that truly values junior programs succeed in the long term.

Congratulations to DP they were well drilled and determined to join a small club of 3 in a row and the only ones currently that can make it 4.

But the spectacle today was rubbish as with last years game.

Good luck to all next year.

I heard a pretty good sledge today. A bloke yells out to the Deer Park bench. "You're kidding yourselves, aren't ya? You spent 450 grand for a 50 buck cup." Nothing back from the Deer Park bench who'd ben quite mouthy before that.
Anyhow, after the cash is gone, all the brand new Deer Park polos worn by the so called faithful will be used as rags to armour oil their VS Commodores.
As for your earlier comment about competing rather than whinging, when the rumoured spend is 4 times the nearest rival, nobody is competing. There just isn't that type of money around unless....you know the rest.
You would want to think that the 'play with your mates' philosophy rings true, especially for your club. That sort of defeatist attitude you hold has brought about some pretty lean times for many clubs. That's unless someone has ridden into Lavo carrying bag loads of cash.
I have nothing to do with Lavo anymore and defeatist attitude?

What was the crowd like? As poor as last year? I think there was more wrfl players and supporters at the edfl granny from what I could see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back