Western Region FL - Divy 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intersting 2019 ahead, Deer Park signed Kelm and Mills ex Albion mercanaries, 7 in a row locked in, everyine else fighting for 2nd, except Albion, finco, o'keefe, weightman,thompson, taylor, o'brien all gone, $100k debt....expect point cook to improve their list and win around 8 games.....will be fun to watch

Confused - are you saying that they will be happy at Altona that they have moved on???
My mail is they aren’t too concerned at all . When clubs are playing and paying within the cap , getting value for money is vital . These guys were also carrying big points . Altona will be an infinitely better team in 2019 . The obvious question is will it be good enough ?

There are number of players who were very happy to hear they were moving on. Sarcasm is something a little hard to get across in text.
You conveyed it perfectly. The VFL listed / local alignments is an interesting setup . Probably doesn’t work barring returning ex juniors . Outsiders coming in training at most once a week doesn’t cut in close knit community clubs .

There are number of players who were very happy to hear they were moving on. Sarcasm is something a little hard to get across in text.
I thought that is what you meant.
All players are paid what they are worth at Altona. So when players over price them selves they normally are moved on quickly.

Intersting 2019 ahead, Deer Park signed Kelm and Mills ex Albion mercanaries, 7 in a row locked in, everyine else fighting for 2nd, except Albion, finco, o'keefe, weightman,thompson, taylor, o'brien all gone, $100k debt....expect point cook to improve their list and win around 8 games.....will be fun to watch

Is kelm a ruckman? If so that would mean they have 3 big men? or one of there 2 leaving?
Who else have they recruited?

Is kelm a ruckman? If so that would mean they have 3 big men? or one of there 2 leaving?
Who else have they recruited?
Kelm definitely a ruckman... Stewart could easily sit in the square and kick 60+ with condos retired. If not more, pretty sure he was in the 50s this year

They are amazingly well run football club how they manage to fit them in the salary cap of $205,000. Average of $517 per game per player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so if they are shopping themselves around, then I know who my money is on !!

Not necessarily shopping themselves around. Most of these guys have clubs calling around the clock.

One player I know of had 17 clubs make contact & went to a club that was far from the highest bidder. Doesn't mean the outcome will be not what you are thinking, but that is not 'shopping around'.

Hickman, Degabriel, Parsons,backus, killworth, King, Knuckey brothers, Peduto, Tudor, mellington and brookes brothers just to name a few

Find this hard to believe. Few of these guys are the heart & soul of the club.

Mellington yes. He'll be a club whore for the rest of his playing days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back