Western Region FL - Divy 1 2021

Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Witch hunt? Seriously? It was a coward punch and one that deserves all the scrutiny it gets. I'd say the same irrespective of which team committed such a weak act.

puddsie

Rookie
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Thought it would have been the standard 2 to be honest. I'd hazard a guess that Covid has been taken into account with regard to length of penalty.
If there are no games due to lockdown, there are no games to be suspended from. I would suspect that the penalty would apply from when the fixture commences again after lockdown. Not sure.

Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If there are no games due to lockdown, there are no games to be suspended from. I would suspect that the penalty would apply from when the fixture commences again after lockdown. Not sure.
I believe they have taken into account the lost games due to lockdown, the appropriate penalty would have seen Deer Park without their Captain for potentially all of the finals...from what I saw, the appropriate penalty should have been 6 minimum. That rubbish needs to be stamped out.

trucka

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I thought suspensions were based on games, not weeks, therefore games missed due to COVID, bye's etc are not counted

PubAmmo

Rookie
Oct 6, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Witch hunt? Seriously? It was a coward punch and one that deserves all the scrutiny it gets. I'd say the same irrespective of which team committed such a weak act.

We’re you at this game? I heard it was pretty fiery the first half. Surprised only one case has come from it if that were true

Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
We’re you at this game? I heard it was pretty fiery the first half. Surprised only one case has come from it if that were true
I was. First half there were spot-fires all over the ground. Not just push and shove either, melee type events.
Not that it was too close, but form the distance I was viewing them from, there are players from both sides who should count themselves lucky not to be on an enforced break.

PubAmmo

Rookie
Oct 6, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was. First half there were spot-fires all over the ground. Not just push and shove either, melee type events.
Not that it was too close, but form the distance I was viewing them from, there are players from both sides who should count themselves lucky not to be on an enforced break.

Melees gonna cost both clubs by the sounds of it!!! Ah well, WRFL and MRO didn’t have an issue with, sounds like they need an overhaul of what you’ve seen is correct…

Back