Western Region FL - Divy 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Allan comfortably the best key defender in the EDFL over the last decade. Towelled up Galea in a few big finals. Fantastic pick up

Agreed, I’ve watched him play a few times, he will add plenty to CS, also Menadue is a great get for Altona

how do you build a junior program “Mr perfect world” when a club such a a deer park can’t even get enough kids to field junior cricket teams. I have a very good friend who knows president there very well and they offered Up full merchandise free and free membership all to no avail for under 18 players ..not one uptake
The very issue with the club is what you've highlighted - they're trying to poach players already affiliated with a club, many of whom would only be looking to play for another couple of years at most, rather than trying to build their club from the ground up.
It's not a problem that throwing handfuls of cash at alone will fix, which is precisely why the powers that be seemingly have nfi what to do about it.

CS continue to recruit, Dempsey only played a couple of the games in the twos this year at Greenvale (injuries got in the way) but brings with him AFL experience which can sometimes be invaluable

CS continue to recruit, Dempsey only played a couple of the games in the twos this year at Greenvale (injuries got in the way) but brings with him AFL experience which can sometimes be invaluable
hasn't got near it in 3 years , getting good coin dropping a few levels of footy in his last couple of years

Now that the AFL has decided that all players, staff, etc need to be double vaccinated, what do you think will happen now with metro and country leagues? Will they all have to follow the same path?

Now that the AFL has decided that all players, staff, etc need to be double vaccinated, what do you think will happen now with metro and country leagues? Will they all have to follow the same path?
That's a very interesting one. I'd suggest no purely based on the amateur status of the WRFL and other similar metro and country leagues, however I can also see it being yes based on a duty of care to provide a safe environment. 50/50 at this stage.

That's a very interesting one. I'd suggest no purely based on the amateur status of the WRFL and other similar metro and country leagues, however I can also see it being yes based on a duty of care to provide a safe environment. 50/50 at this stage.
We’ll be interested what happens with the VFL if they have no jab no play. (The play against AFL players) that might effect AFL Victoria’s decision as VFL players will also play local.
But I feel as if the government will make it mandated to play community sport unfortunately.

From the current restrictions (spectators are still not allowed):-
Vic sport/health guidelines
"
Outdoor physical recreation and sporting facilities such as swimming pools and leisure centres are open.

If these facilities are used for community sport (organised competitive sports with membership), patrons participating or facilitating community sport (e.g. players, coaches, volunteers) do not need to be fully vaccinated to access the facility.

Patrons 16 years and older attending outdoor physical recreation and sporting facilities for purposes other than community sport must be fully vaccinated (or have an exception) to access the facility, if the facility is open for fully vaccinated people (including workers)."

From the current restrictions (spectators are still not allowed):-
Vic sport/health guidelines
"
Outdoor physical recreation and sporting facilities such as swimming pools and leisure centres are open.

If these facilities are used for community sport (organised competitive sports with membership), patrons participating or facilitating community sport (e.g. players, coaches, volunteers) do not need to be fully vaccinated to access the facility.

Patrons 16 years and older attending outdoor physical recreation and sporting facilities for purposes other than community sport must be fully vaccinated (or have an exception) to access the facility, if the facility is open for fully vaccinated people (including workers)."

Well that's clear, concise and totally non-obfuscatory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hasn't got near it in 3 years , getting good coin dropping a few levels of footy in his last couple of years
The lakers retirement home and destination club for topping up superannuation
Million juniors and they recruit super rule aged players

Aaron Edwards is another , not sure on other 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back