Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can u imagine 150 thousand salary for div3......that amount would be the wrfl div 3 comb
Too high LM.....Div 1 200 K Div 2 100 k Div 3 50 k

$250K sounds about right, I think thats the top then most teams would aim around $150-$200 if smart with their dealings and you could beleive to be in with a real chance of a flag.
Dvvy2 really shouldn`t go above $100K and thats genourous and Divvy3 if your getting paid think yourself lucky I beleive !!
Payments should only go to that level/standard of footy being played.

Salary Cap = joke (hard to ensure compliance)

Believe breaching will have serious consequences though.

Hey old mate. I agree it's going to be difficult to supervise but if you get found out it will send you back years. Only takes 1 disgruntled player to spill their guts and your goneeeeee. 1st year will be a challenge but I think after this most clubs will have to toe the line..

I see Deer Park u/19s on top of the ladder. Also noticed that some players promised good money have played mostly 19s all season so they are paying u/19s. What a joke this has become..

By the way only 6 teams in div1. Another joke!!

I see Deer Park u/19s on top of the ladder. Also noticed that some players promised good money have played mostly 19s all season so they are paying u/19s. What a joke this has become..

Where did you read there will be 6 teams in div1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 6 teams because the age groups changed and the under 16s didn't flow upwards but stayed on as under 17s and most clubs struggled for numbers it should improve next year as it flows again
Saying that, the 19A comp this year is great maybe 25 points between the top and bottom teams with the occasional blow out
Deer Park aren't a certainty, any team that makes the four is good enough to win it on their day

There are 6 teams because the age groups changed and the under 16s didn't flow upwards but stayed on as under 17s and most clubs struggled for numbers it should improve next year as it flows again
Saying that, the 19A comp this year is great maybe 25 points between the top and bottom teams with the occasional blow out
Deer Park aren't a certainty, any team that makes the four is good enough to win it on their day
There was 25 teams in the U/17's Como this season across 3 divisions. St.Bernards had 3, Suns, werribee and hoppers had 2 each. Obviously St.B won't be in the 19's next season but most other clubs would you would think

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

There was 25 teams in the U/17's Como this season across 3 divisions. St.Bernards had 3, Suns, werribee and hoppers had 2 each. Obviously St.B won't be in the 19's next season but most other clubs would you would think

Your assumption is based on most teams being top age. With only 5 teams in Div A, I would suggest most other teams would have bottom age or are fully made up of bottom age kids. All these kids would be eligible for 17's again.

I know that Wyndham Vale were struggling for numbers at U/17 they even had a 13 yr old playing for them, but in saying that half of the Wyndham Vale 19's were eligible for the 17's as well. I know they were in 19B not A's

Unfortunately junior footy in a lot of these areas is struggling. It's been on the decline for years and only really held up by some developing areas and new clubs out far west. I guess Hoppers have had good numbers for quite a while.
The western jets are no where as good as some clubs and St Bernard's trying real hard to get into the EDFL.
I'm not sure of the answer but the AFL need to do their bit in helping footy in this league.
Deer Park juniors only held together by $$ but good luck to them as that area needs a good strong football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back