Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: Western Region Football League team

cold pies said:
where were you playing in 98 coz the odds are you would've got smashed and that is not an indicment on you the colts in 98 were an awesome side and dominated that season
also don't think you will get the job on clarkey i think he's too quick for you no offence intended but he only needs to get it 6 times and he'll kick 6 goals that is the match up that would be most concerning for frosty

I was playing at Spotswood in a very young side that finished 5th on the ladder, we just scraped into the finals by % and reached the Grand final to play a awesome unit in Colt's with the names I mentioned on my last postand, add to that larkin and Sonny Lindsey (I think that's his name) he won the BOG. Colt's won that game by 19 points, we deffinately didn't get smashed. No offence taken cold pies, Clarkey is a concern for any coach, he can mark, he's quick and rarely misses, so who ever gets him will have to be on top of there game, like I said the coaching committee will make that descision.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

WRFLfan said:
Yeah thats the one meant to be one of the better park footballers, how old were you when you played on him Sunline and who won?

I had just turned 18 WRFLfan, let me tell you it was a daunting prospect being told you are going to pick up Love at Full Forward in a grand final. I played on Harlem for the last half, who was a massive man with a scarier reputation, but after the game the big fella shook my hand and said well played young fella. Now a question for you WRFLfan, where did Sonny go and where has he been playing?, he was one of the best players I had seen in this league.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

WRFLfan said:
Fair enough, was 98 one of the best sides youve plyed against and have you been a backman your whole senior career

The 98 side was one of the best sides I've played against, full of stars with a champion coach (Tuddenham). Is there anyone still playing at Colt's from that side?. No I haven't always been a backman, I played up forward for a season when I was 17 and Geoff Bebend (coach of spotty)said to me, to be a good forward you need to be a good backman and I never saw the forward line again. Apart from that I played on the wing a fair bit when I was at Willy.

no31

Team Captain
Suspended
Jun 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

sunline 11 said:
I had just turned 18 WRFLfan, let me tell you it was a daunting prospect being told you are going to pick up Love at Full Forward in a grand final. I played on Harlem for the last half, who was a massive man with a scarier reputation, but after the game the big fella shook my hand and said well played young fella. Now a question for you WRFLfan, where did Sonny go and where has he been playing?, he was one of the best players I had seen in this league.

Just read in another thread he's playing in the Mallee league and is favourite to win the comp medal.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

WRFLfan said:
sunline theres a few questions there for you where are you, hopefully youll answer them all

I wasn't at work yesterday, just caught up, don't think I missed any questions. there's a couple for you now WRFLfan.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

no31 said:
Just read in another thread he's playing in the Mallee league and is favourite to win the comp medal.

What the standard of footy in the Mallee league?, is he to good for that league?.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

touch of class said:
yeah ill back you to kick another 9 on the bloke who came from epping whos playing at hoppers now i honestly cant remember him doing anything special while playing in the valley and to be honest done nothing when the colts played hoppers first time round and after watching your good self chopsewie i rate you and cooper as 2 of the best players i seen play in the valley in all my time of watching

I don't ever remember saying I've done anything special playing at any team, be it Epping or Hoppers.

no31

Team Captain
Suspended
Jun 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon

sunline 11 said:
What the standard of footy in the Mallee league?, is he to good for that league?.

No idea about the standard, I just happen to read the thread 'League Medalist' when you asked your question about Sonny.

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

ROCK07 said:
You dont rate me at all, after only seeing me play once but that is your opinion.

Rock you can read into what i said any way you like, that is out of my control.

It is a shame what that fella said about 150 goals in these bush comps, because to be honest i dont agree with it, but again, this was out of your control (him posting that).

And i can only go on what i have seen (seeing you once or twice).

Mate I have only seen johnny brunner play once and i rate him as one of the best i have seen.

cold pies

Senior List
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

sunline 11 said:
The 98 side was one of the best sides I've played against, full of stars with a champion coach (Tuddenham). Is there anyone still playing at Colt's from that side?. No I haven't always been a backman, I played up forward for a season when I was 17 and Geoff Bebend (coach of spotty)said to me, to be a good forward you need to be a good backman and I never saw the forward line again. Apart from that I played on the wing a fair bit when I was at Willy.

les taylor and brett jacobs are the only 2 guys still at the club who were there in 98, jason clarke missed through other commitments but played in the 99 flag
in that grand final in 98 colts were 5 or 6 goals in front at 1/4 time and spottie fought it out well, if my memory serves me correct colts beat spotswood convincingly in the semi final and during home and away but they beat nearly everyone convicingly that year

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

WRFLfan said:
Aslo did you play on and how did you go against Carson?

Matched up on Carson in the first half and i dont think either of us stood out more than the average. Went to a wing in the second half to make way for some bigger bodies in the guts which is fair enough.

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

ROCK07 said:
I Think the chance to get the ton might have gone

Back to your question i was thinking about shutting up

with good conditions this week im going for a bag of 6 but, we are just focusing on winning first mate

Who knows with your quest for the ton however you are right, seddon you would have pencilled in about 15, and well if it wasn't for the conditions on the weekend you probably would have got the lazy 6.

Who will come to you from St Albnas, one of the Fitzy boys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRFLfan

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast

sunline 11 said:
I wasn't at work yesterday, just caught up, don't think I missed any questions. there's a couple for you now WRFLfan.
Youve been bombarded be nice if a teammate in Mr Clix would give some, even slight assitance.

Sonny was going to come back to the Colts this year but went to ST KIlda City for extra coin(you would know about that and your teammates ha ha) didnt last there long, never seen apart from that GF can play lve heard people at the Colts rate him the best which is a fair call at any successful club. Had many chance were peolpe pulled strings to get him to AFL clubs where he did last long, went to the bush killed them in every team and leauge he went to, rumour is he and Newman and Chisnall and maybe just maybe Justin Murhpy....................maybe! Danger Danger

WRFLfan

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast

Travvy43 said:
Matched up on Carson in the first half and i dont think either of us stood out more than the average. Went to a wing in the second half to make way for some bigger bodies in the guts which is fair enough.
Just reading that comment fair enough, quick question and answer it honestly do rate yourself as good or close to the elite midfeilders in the comp along side the likes of Carson Massis Twomey Kelly Simpson Juegan Zavalas and the likes?

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

cold pies said:
les taylor and brett jacobs are the only 2 guys still at the club who were there in 98, jason clarke missed through other commitments but played in the 99 flag
in that grand final in 98 colts were 5 or 6 goals in front at 1/4 time and spottie fought it out well, if my memory serves me correct colts beat spotswood convincingly in the semi final and during home and away but they beat nearly everyone convicingly that year

Correct cold pies, Colts looked like running away with it, but we fought back and for a young side with an average age of 21 it wasn't a bad effort, we actually got to within 7 point's at on stage in the last 1/4 but Colt's ran away with it. Why weren't you or WRFLfan playing that year?, were you at different clubs?.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

WRFLfan said:
Youve been bombarded be nice if a teammate in Mr Clix would give some, even slight assitance.

Sonny was going to come back to the Colts this year but went to ST KIlda City for extra coin(you would know about that and your teammates ha ha) didnt last there long, never seen apart from that GF can play lve heard people at the Colts rate him the best which is a fair call at any successful club. Had many chance were peolpe pulled strings to get him to AFL clubs where he did last long, went to the bush killed them in every team and leauge he went to, rumour is he and Newman and Chisnall and maybe just maybe Justin Murhpy....................maybe! Danger Danger

Those three would be very handy!. Unfortunately MrClix has been promoted at his work and has alot more work to do unlike alot of us!. He will still join us from time to time, but will not be with us as much, I will have to shoulder most of the questions and remarks made towards Hoppers.

Travvy43

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2005
Tongala
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

WRFLfan said:
Just reading that comment fair enough, quick question and answer it honestly do rate yourself as good or close to the elite midfeilders in the comp along side the likes of Carson Massis Twomey Kelly Simpson Juegan Zavalas and the likes?

Mate i am not even close to the blokes you have mentioned in terms of matchwinning capabilities. I do however enjoy the challenge of matching up against some of the best midfielders the wrfl has to offer.

WRFLfan

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast

sunline 11 said:
Correct cold pies, Colts looked like running away with it, but we fought back and for a young side with an average age of 21 it wasn't a bad effort, we actually got to within 7 point's at on stage in the last 1/4 but Colt's ran away with it. Why weren't you or WRFLfan playing that year?, were you at different clubs?.
I was playing at Moonee Valley or Nth Ken l think would not have got a game anyway fair team. You have played at a few FDL/WRFL teams havent you.

As for shouldering the Hoppers question youll be busy and thinking of hoppers people were is Raza looks more and more like you goodself!!!!!!!

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

sunline 11 said:
cold pies was playing at the colts that year, he has been a member of 5 a grade premierships at the colts since 96,two at u/18 level and three senior not a bad effort for a bloke with a large bum.

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

WRFLfan said:
I was playing at Moonee Valley or Nth Ken l think would not have got a game anyway fair team. You have played at a few FDL/WRFL teams havent you.

As for shouldering the Hoppers question youll be busy and thinking of hoppers people were is Raza looks more and more like you goodself!!!!!!!

I've played at as many as you fanman. I'm not buying into the Raza debate again. Very boring.

ROCK07

Club Legend
Feb 8, 2006
port melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cricket

Travvy43 said:
Who knows with your quest for the ton however you are right, seddon you would have pencilled in about 15, and well if it wasn't for the conditions on the weekend you probably would have got the lazy 6.

Who will come to you from St Albnas, one of the Fitzy boys?

i doubt weather either fitzy would play on me i think jason usually is one of their play makers and damien will play on brannan at chb.
In my opinion i rate damien very highly and think he is a match winner who can take a good mark and strong at the contest and if i was coaching him i would have him in the forward line every week,i just find it staggering that you would play a match winner defensively a forward line with spooner zantuck and damien fitz would be just about the best in the league and cause headaches for most defenses.
WHAT DO OTHERS THINK OF THIS?

WRFLfan

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast

sunline 11 said:
I've played at as many as you fanman. I'm not buying into the Raza debate again. Very boring.
Boring is abit harsh ive played at two WRFL l think youve played at more. Hows the gun Borelase going has he played a senior game or Doyle?

sunline 11

Cancelled
May 29, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon

ROCK07 said:
cold pies was playing at the colts that year, he has been a member of 5 a grade premierships at the colts since 96,two at u/18 level and three senior not a bad effort for a bloke with a large bum.

Huge effort, can't knock that. Would you have got a game in the 98 side ROCK? I reckon you would've. You would have been a young buck then, you probably would've got on the forward pocket.

WRFLfan

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast

ROCK07 said:
i doubt weather either fitzy would play on me i think jason usually is one of their play makers and damien will play on brannan at chb.
In my opinion i rate damien very highly and think he is a match winner who can take a good mark and strong at the contest and if i was coaching him i would have him in the forward line every week,i just find it staggering that you would play a match winner defensively a forward line with spooner zantuck and damien fitz would be just about the best in the league and cause headaches for most defenses.
WHAT DO OTHERS THINK OF THIS?
Not the best but would be a fair foward line, but with deliver like Pagans coming l would rather play backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back