Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

cold pies said:
any chance the league could provide a record during the home and away season, every other comp has except our tight arse comp, what do they do with all the league fees clubs pay
Spoke to Phillips the CEO about and he said it saves money and if you want to go on the internet or read the papers, l said thats ajoke you try to boost how your the best leaugue this and that and we dont have a record its a joke and imbarassing, one of people pre game rituals to get to the game and read it before or while on the toilet or getting a rub now we get a sh itty folded piece of A4 paper please its joke .......tight arses

my tips this week
SPOTSWOOD v albion - easy win for spotty

PORT COLTS v st albans - saints will have a dip but colts should be too strong

HOPPERS v altona - too big and too good for altona

PARKSIDE v yarraville - parks will get back on the winners list but wont have it all one way

WRFLfan said:
Spoke to Phillips the CEO about and he said it saves money and if you want to go on the internet or read the papers, l said thats ajoke you try to boost how your the best leaugue this and that and we dont have a record its a joke and imbarassing, one of people pre game rituals to get to the game and read it before or while on the toilet or getting a rub now we get a sh itty folded piece of A4 paper please its joke .......tight arses

TIGHT ARSES - clubs pay a fortune in fees don't even get a record, not good enough

Travvy43 said:
You asked what is the best league i have played in, i have played in the WRFL and the GV, and the GV is better that the WRFL.

Rock through the 80's and 90's the O&M were the powerhouse league, however the GV have turned the interleague results around in recent years.

I went ok when back in the GV however i personally improved. As i said when at nth i was getting too set in my ways, too comfortable, but going back up home sparked my footy into gear again.
Now now son ive played it all Tongala when Brad campbell was coaching was the worst senior side i have ever seen play ask braD S FATHER Des of course the footy is gonna look good when the side your playing against kicks 35 goals every week . Its good to see you played for your town but mate the o and m pumped gv up n till two years ago when salary cap in o and m was becoming a legal problem all big guns had to head south and play gv. They are only getting back into it now. A good metro side would pump one of the finest bush sides because the bush side would have six or seven of the finest park footballers in the country and after that drops away rapidly .A metro side has six guns eight solid footballers and seven goers this comes with population. Have a think about it mate would you have got a game for echuca in there hay days i doubt it!

Motty said:
Albion North played at Lloyd Reserve, Lurg Avenue, North Sunshine. They had sides in U14 and U10A. They don't seem to have ever fielded senior sides in any competition that I could find.

St. Albans South's seniors played at Errington Reserve, St. Albans Road, St. Albans and the juniors were at Scovell Reserve, Scovell Crescent, Maidstone. They fielded teams in A3 (2 sides), U16, U14, U10B. 1986 was their debut as a senior club.
Just wondering if anyone got to see Colts v St Albans today (reserves)?

yeah i was at the game when port colt supporters run on the ground to hit st.albans players...

tiger_12 said:
yeah i was at the game when port colt supporters run on the ground to hit st.albans players...
other way round was nt it in seniors give them a good old fashioned touch up st albans never even looked interested . the coach would have had to have got the 42nd best on ground award well done coach definately out of finals contention.

i did not see any st albans supporters running onto the ground while the game was still playing.. they ended a good game..

the only reason the game was called off was because of weak supporters(colts) jumping the fence when the game was still going..

tiger_12 said:
the only reason the game was called off was because of weak supporters(colts) jumping the fence when the game was still going..
kicking a bloke is pretty weak too wouldn't you say?

yesterday i watched the 1st half of the colts st albans game and i can honestly say that the colts are a very good team they are everything a coach wants they are prepared to run and work for each other every player at some stage puts his body on the line when needed they tackle they chase they spoil they block they do everything a team needs to do to win finals it was an awesome sight watching them move the ball around and they will only get better once on a big ground also thier midfield would be as good as any team playing in any league and yesterday it was great to see blokes all playing well and enjoying thier footy and then you have the luxury of having clarke to come back in it will be hard to beat them when firing especially with caddy cooper julier massis jacobs mc broom mc naulty de bruen twoomey all playing the way they were yesterday those plaers i thought were instrumental in the colts 1st half dominance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

touch of class said:
yesterday i watched the 1st half of the colts st albans game and i can honestly say that the colts are a very good team they are everything a coach wants they are prepared to run and work for each other every player at some stage puts his body on the line when needed they tackle they chase they spoil they block they do everything a team needs to do to win finals it was an awesome sight watching them move the ball around and they will only get better once on a big ground also thier midfield would be as good as any team playing in any league and yesterday it was great to see blokes all playing well and enjoying thier footy and then you have the luxury of having clarke to come back in it will be hard to beat them when firing especially with caddy cooper julier massis jacobs mc broom mc naulty de bruen twoomey all playing the way they were yesterday those plaers i thought were instrumental in the colts 1st half dominance

As much as i hate to admit it, the colts did look good yesterday. they play their own ground well.

As for the magoos, 'Kozzis Dizzy' how about the king hit on a bloke who has been sent off. Pretty tough dont you think? then the supporters jumping in..... what a joke ....

I guess it all started because things werent going the colts way so they have to go the punch...... saints had the game in the bag.

Great win by the colts yesterday,couldnt get there because of work but listened on the mighty 88.9 fm and liked what i heard.
The loss to spotti has reignited the colts spirit and came at a good time with a handful of games left before finals.
They pumped a side who were on a high after beating parkside the week before and piled on the goals to win easy.
The colts must be nearly back to full strength which is a scary thing for the opposition sides?.
How did the skipper bretto go yesterday?
Was there any injuries?
Where has big billy ramsay gone?/
is it true that there was 3 emergencies named in the 2s yesterday?.
Great numbers and depth make a successfull side and the colts a certainly that.

Wiggum said:
I guess it all started because things werent going the colts way so they have to go the punch...... saints had the game in the bag.

Take some time out to feed your goats wiggum, it takes two to tango and there were some bad pionts from both teams. The incident started when a St Albans bloke over reacted to a fair hip and shoulder. After that things went down hill pretty quick. At least you know with the colts that your back is always covered. Unlike the saints who went down hill from that piont in time. If there senior team were "flying the flag" from that piont on, they are as weak as p15s.

obe1 said:
Take some time out to feed your goats wiggum, it takes two to tango and there were some bad pionts from both teams. The incident started when a St Albans bloke over reacted to a fair hip and shoulder. After that things went down hill pretty quick. At least you know with the colts that your back is always covered. Unlike the saints who went down hill from that piont in time. If there senior team were "flying the flag" from that piont on, they are as weak as p15s.

Im pretty sure the main reason for the brawl was due to both sides 'covering each other's back'. Im not sugar coating st albans at all, you are right it does take two to tango. But, why does a supporter have to get involved? why do we still have to see king hits?

Wiggum said:
Im pretty sure the main reason for the brawl was due to both sides 'covering each other's back'. Im not sugar coating st albans at all, you are right it does take two to tango. But, why does a supporter have to get involved? why do we still have to see king hits?

Well as everyone knows i did not play senior yesterday so had a chance to watch our reserves play and yes st.albans look to have the game covered, then after a big hit a st.albans player got very upset and started to kick and punch,then colts players fought back,they way things got out of hand is the same reason as last year their dog of a runner likes to hit players when not involved in playing, he can king hit them when they are not looking at him, very weak effort on his behalf and then a colts supporter did run on to the field[who had a broken arm] and was just there to get st.albans runner out of the action.umps did the right thing in calling the game off.

ROCK07 said:
Well as everyone knows i did not play senior yesterday so had a chance to watch our reserves play and yes st.albans look to have the game covered, then after a big hit a st.albans player got very upset and started to kick and punch,then colts players fought back,they way things got out of hand is the same reason as last year their dog of a runner likes to hit players when not involved in playing, he can king hit them when they are not looking at him, very weak effort on his behalf and then a colts supporter did run on to the field[who had a broken arm] and was just there to get st.albans runner out of the action.umps did the right thing in calling the game off.

the same thing happened last year when port colts supporter got involved into the fight... they are the worst supporter going around... and there players always like to hit from behide.. it happened last year in the 1s to tonna... DOGS!!!!!!

tiger_12 said:
the same thing happened last year when port colts supporter got involved into the fight... they are the worst supporter going around... and there players always like to hit from behind.. it happened last year in the 1s to tonna... DOGS!!!!!!

I think we get your point little tigger, it has been clearly posted as to what happened yesterday. As for the incident last year that too has been discussed on this thread. Your view on all those at colts sounds like it comes from a very scared little fella. Be careful not to cast stones to all who wear the colts colours. I am sure if you post any of the pm boys with a private message they will kindly accommodate you whilst "looking at you". Back to your feral cave little man.

chopsewie said:
Looks like travy s gone quiet since i brought him undone.

CHOPSEWIE u little beauty , u sound like a bloke that starts his day in the midfield gathers about 18 touches and about 8 marks then heads down to full forward and sits in for a bloke thats missing and does his job in a half bagging a lazy 5.5

Have to agree with you Rock over the last couple of season the St ALbans 2nds runner has always tried to get involved, last year after we had beated them at their ground he then tried to get his brothers to help him mouth off to start a blue.
And really as you said the umps did the right theing in calling the game off. But StAlbans should go easy on bagging other supports - when Sunshine Played St Albans this year one of the 2nds players/spectator had a go at our senior players after we had just beaten their team by 10 goals and then proceeded to swing at our president - so my advise to Tiger is all clubs have problem supporters, don't brand everyone the same, I am sure colts will deal with this person in a manner they see fit..... pity St albans couldn't do the same with their unsavory person - but their committee as in previous year with this same person were too quick to run inside and hide their heads. Calling people dogs - them's fighting words mate - look in your own back yard first !! cause I know that almost all clubs hate going down to the goat hearders to put up with their spectators.

Rock how come you didn't play yesterday

Go Doggies said:
Have to agree with you Rock over the last couple of season the St ALbans 2nds runner has always tried to get involved, last year after we had beated them at their ground he then tried to get his brothers to help him mouth off to start a blue.
And really as you said the umps did the right theing in calling the game off. But StAlbans should go easy on bagging other supports - when Sunshine Played St Albans this year one of the 2nds players/spectator had a go at our senior players after we had just beaten their team by 10 goals and then proceeded to swing at our president - so my advise to Tiger is all clubs have problem supporters, don't brand everyone the same, I am sure colts will deal with this person in a manner they see fit..... pity St albans couldn't do the same with their unsavory person - but their committee as in previous year with this same person were too quick to run inside and hide their heads. Calling people dogs - them's fighting words mate - look in your own back yard first !! cause I know that almost all clubs hate going down to the goat hearders to put up with their spectators.

Rock how come you didn't play yesterday

Was feeling pretty unwell from gastro and felt pretty week dissapointed not to play,first game i have missed in 5 years,but it was good to have a look at the boys from the side ines and with out being bias they looked a very formidable combination with alot of options all over the ground.
I might have to come back through the two's or see if i can talk one of them into having a rest,but i think the loss last week will do us the world of good and has got us reset for a big charge into the finals.

The next four rounds will really sort things out
HOPPERS face parks,colts and spotty
COLTS face hoppers and sunshine
PARKS have hoppers and sunshine
SUNSHINE have parks colts and albion away
SPOTTY fairly easy just hoppers last round

good to hear your not injured. Will be an interesting few rounds have to agree, we have a hard run home but it will be a good test. What were your thoughts on Pagan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back