The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
This would be exciting! I do worry that the games need to develop more countries willing to host to continue on though rather than us hosting every second or third games and almost alternating with GB. I'd still enjoy getting to some events though
I agree. Looking at the list of Commonwealth countries, I would love to see Singapore host a Commonwealth Games. Singapore hosted a superb 2010 Youth Olympics then backed it up hosting a great SEA Games in 2015. Canada and New Zealand would also host great editions of the games but their governments unfortunately are not interested. Papua New Guinea are also a roughy following their 2015 Pacific Games hosting as would be Caribbean countries. South Africa screwed up 2022 but would like to see an African games too. Then there is the talk of an Asian games after Delhi- maybe India again, Malaysia, Sri Lanka as well. We talk about the UK hosting the games all the time but it has been a while since Wales hosted a Commonwealth Games. They could be considered as well.

What will help, from 2026 the games will be different. They will become more of a focus on cities including sports they have facilities for not having to build a cycling track for example if they aren't going to use it post games or if they don't have one. Western Sydney 2026 may look like the present games considering they are rich in facilities but will be interesting to see what happens come 2030. I would think there would be a few cities lining up to host 2030 the centenary Commonwealth Games!

Plenty of venues to choose from!

Stadium Australia
Sydney Olympic Park Hockey Centre
Sydney Olympic Park Aquatics Centre
Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls
Qudos Bank Arena
Quaycentre
Ken Rosewall Arena
Genea Netball Central
Sydney Showgrounds Stadium
The Dome and Exhibition Complex
Charles Moses Stadium
Bankwest Stadium
Blacktown International Sportspark
Dunc Gray Velodrome
Mount Lewis Bowling Club
Western Sydney Parklands
Sydney International Shooting Centre, Cecil Park
International Convention Centre Sydney, Darling Harbour
Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

I agree. Looking at the list of Commonwealth countries, I would love to see Singapore host a Commonwealth Games. Singapore hosted a superb 2010 Youth Olympics then backed it up hosting a great SEA Games in 2015. Canada and New Zealand would also host great editions of the games but their governments unfortunately are not interested. Papua New Guinea are also a roughy following their 2015 Pacific Games hosting as would be Caribbean countries. South Africa screwed up 2022 but would like to see an African games too. Then there is the talk of an Asian games after Delhi- maybe India again, Malaysia, Sri Lanka as well. We talk about the UK hosting the games all the time but it has been a while since Wales hosted a Commonwealth Games. They could be considered as well.

What will help, from 2026 the games will be different. They will become more of a focus on cities including sports they have facilities for not having to build a cycling track for example if they aren't going to use it post games or if they don't have one. Western Sydney 2026 may look like the present games considering they are rich in facilities but will be interesting to see what happens come 2030. I would think there would be a few cities lining up to host 2030 the centenary Commonwealth Games!

PNG are absolutely zero chance of hosting a Comm Games.

Jamaica could be capable of hosting a Comm Games. Kingston hosted one in 1966, but the Games have grown in scope a lot in 50 years.

Belfast might be capable. Northern Ireland's the only UK country not to have hosted one.

I'd quite like to see Hamilton, Canada, host the 2030 games. Would be pretty cool to see them host it 100 years apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back