Teams Wests Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. 1 game out the 8.
Let’s see what happens

Tales from Tigertown was a good watch.

Shows anyone who wants Madge gone are just plain ridiculous.

It did strike me that the NRL seems quite a good deal behind the AFL when it comes to facilities and professionalism ect though.
Justin Pascoe came across as a nuffie too I’m afraid.

I didn't mind the way Justin Pascoe came across, TBH. I like that he put the bland CEO persona aside and was just a normal bloke and a fan of the club.
I think that’s what worried me though.
Brian Cook or Brendan Gale don’t strike me as an average fan controlling the clubs fortunes and future with a fans mentality.
I think we need a charismatic business minded CEO to get us out of where we are perennially stuck at

Another timid meek capitulation after being up five mins before half time.
The next 50 mins was absolutely shite.
Apart from Douhie and Laurie there are very few earning their money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Kent has claimed the Wests Tigers’ last-ditch plays for the services of Dale Finucane and Tevita Pangai Jr shows Michael Maguire is not to blame for the club’s recruitment woes.

Pangai signed a deal to head to Canterbury-Bankstown last week, while Finucane put pen to paper on a four-year contract with Cronulla on Sunday.

Fox League’s James Hooper, who broke the story of Finucane’s Storm exit, said the Tigers only came in at the last minute for Finucane but by then it was too late.

“Last Friday the Sharks and the Dragons were informed they were the last two clubs bidding for Dale and they were told to put their final offer on the table,” Hooper told Triple M.

“Both clubs did that. Then the Tigers came in and went bang with a four-year, $2.8 million deal. I don’t think Dale wanted to go down that road.

“At that stage both clubs were at three-year deals which made both the Dragons and Sharks went to a fourth year.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Kent said such a late play suggested the Tigers weren’t on the same page when it came to recruitment.

“It makes you wonder, everyone lays the blame at Michael Maguire’s feet about why players don’t go to the Tigers,” Kent said.

“But to come in at the eleventh hour with an inflated offer, it makes you wonder if they really know their business.”

Hooper responded by saying: “Clearly they don’t. You’re spot on about Madge.

“I’m frustrated to the high teeth about how much flack Madge cops and that he can’t sign a player. He’s a part of the stigma that’s going around by the club.

“But that’s amateur hour doing business like that. They did the same with Pangai and said: ‘we’re out of it and we’ve done our homework and he’s not the right fit we are off in a different direction’.

“Then they come back in and up the offer.”

Kent suggested that the issue could in fact lie with the club’s football manager, Adam Hartigan.

“(Phil) ‘Buzz’ (Rothfield) has an item in The Sunday Telegraph with a little slight from Simon Woolford about Adam Haritgan who is in charge of recruitment over there at the Wests Tigers,” Kent said.

“He (Hartigan) said it’s no wonder they can’t sign a player when he doesn’t return an email or answer a phone call.

“Well, seriously, if you’re in the business of trawling for talent you should never let a phone call or email go without response…It’s madness that the Tigers are like this.

“I think it’s convenient to blame Michael Maguire for why they can’t sign a player: ‘oh, he’s too tough on them’.

“Then people around him, who are failing at their jobs, say: ‘yeah, but we support Madge we won’t let that worry us’.

“Actually, you guys might be the problem and need to look at yourself here.

“The reason players aren’t going here is because you are not getting your ducks in a row when you need to.

“Therefore every other club is looking far more professional and attractive to what you guys are looking. That’s why they can’t sign a player unless they are not wanted anywhere else.”

What an amazingly run club we follow 🤦‍♂️

Buzz is trying to get his mate Flanagan the WT job. Simple.

With what has happened in the past 10 years with idiots like Taylor and Cleary spending stupid money on dumb players means no one trusts the WT board

Let me say this to you guys about Jackson Hastings. I don't know whether he will be a success in the NRL or not, nobody can predict these things. But of one thing there is no doubt: if he left the Roosters with a rep as a bit of a brat, he has grown up fully in his time in England. He took an unfancied Salford to a GF by sheer force of will, and in his time at Wigan, operating behind a beaten pack for most of the season, and then, recently being asked to play full-back, which I don't think he's played before, by a coach who frankly seems to have little of idea. Despite all that, week in and week out (and we have just played 4 games in 14 days), he has still managed to produce our main attacking threat, whilst defending manfully. I said tonight on a Wigan forum that the way he is playing right now, it seems almost churlish to criticise him for any errors, because he has literally held the team together.

Let me say this to you guys about Jackson Hastings. I don't know whether he will be a success in the NRL or not, nobody can predict these things. But of one thing there is no doubt: if he left the Roosters with a rep as a bit of a brat, he has grown up fully in his time in England. He took an unfancied Salford to a GF by sheer force of will, and in his time at Wigan, operating behind a beaten pack for most of the season, and then, recently being asked to play full-back, which I don't think he's played before, by a coach who frankly seems to have little of idea. Despite all that, week in and week out (and we have just played 4 games in 14 days), he has still managed to produce our main attacking threat, whilst defending manfully. I said tonight on a Wigan forum that the way he is playing right now, it seems almost churlish to criticise him for any errors, because he has literally held the team together.
Played with Ellery Handleys son in England didn’t he?
Ahh now those where the days, watching Ellery running down the wings at Leichhardt

Watched episode 2 of tales from tiger town. My take was the players lack leadership and are a very dispassionate group. I played 20 years of competitive team sports and don’t think I’ve seen a playing group so quiet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back