Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it was.

As you have seen, there has been a determined effort to steal the park's IP. Nobody has the IP but Ford.

These are all interesting questions but they are just blanks that have not been filled in. Not plot holes.

A detailed description of the world would be boring. It needs to be revealed over time or what is the point of the show?
i think they are keeping us in the dark about outside the park because it is going to be part of next season

They've said in the show the more you go into the park, the more dangerous and real it gets. Logan seems pretty excited when he gets punched by the confederates and then choked out as it seems more realistic than he had experienced in the past.

They've also said that some people are programmed to be able to pick up melee weapons like an axe - like for example the broken robot was authorised to do so, but he was broken so the whole storyline was halted.

If a character can be programmed not to pick up an axe, then you can program a Robot Delores to be able to pick up a gun, but not be able to shoot it.

The Human vs Human thing is an accident waiting to happen, I agree. But If the bullets can be built to only penetrate robots then they should be mostly fine with a human shooting another human.

The (seemingly) lack of security is a far bigger issue.

True. Although it still doesn't explain why in some scenes we are told the robots can't pull the trigger yet in others they can. Seems a bit redundant to make them not able to pull the trigger if the bullets won't work on humans anyway.

Yeah that's a point. We've seen robots shoot the MiB and they have that squib functionality, but last ep Teddy physically couldn't pull the trigger. That was point blank to the head though, maybe ruled out by some programming because it would be too immersion breaking for the bullet to clearly bounce off his head or whatever.

The other point is why the hell would Ford use any human workers in his park and why would he keep the robots solely within the park when he could be making a fortune by using them to replace human workers in the real world (even if the park is all he cares about he could completely fund it himself by using the robots for real jobs in the real world). He has to be both incredibly stupid and crazy. Even then, any government would simply confiscate the robots given the huge benefit it would provide to mankind in the real world.

Thats the whole point of the Delos sub plot surely. They want that tech for use in the real world, but Ford just isn't interested. Doesn't look like he's in need of a buck and money is obviously not important to him anyway. And yeah, at this point I'd say he is a little crazy :D

Thats the whole point of the Delos sub plot surely. They want that tech for use in the real world, but Ford just isn't interested. Doesn't look like he's in need of a buck and money is obviously not important to him anyway. And yeah, at this point I'd say he is a little crazy :D
Of course he is crazy, he's been trying to win an argument with a dead man for 35 years.

Maeve was stabbed 25 plus years after Logan and will were running around in the park. Why do you think it was around the same time?

I had thought this because of the scene in episode 1 when Teddy is in the bar being wooed by Clementine, the camera pull-focuses to reveal the whore version of Maeve next to him talking to other hosts/humans. Teddy then looks out the window and notices Dolores crossing the road to her horse and proceeds to follow her with the intent of picking up the can and getting caught up in her storyline etc., until humans intervene and they redirect his own storyline.

As this happens the MiB waltzes over and picks up Dolores' dropped can.

This entire scene happens over the same timespan, and places the MiB and whore Maeve in the same timeline. Yet Maeve's flashbacks to when she was a mother and stabbed by the MiB shows the MiB looking the exact same age as he is in the current day during the aforementioned scene.

But after hearing the Chief mention that the MiB said he stabbed her around a year or so prior to the current timeline it makes sense as to why he doesn't look to have aged.

I think i've figured out the timeline puzzle and who Wyatt is.

Am also pretty confident given memory flashbacks that Dolores was the lover/accomplice to 'Wyatt' (who is actually Teddy), and together they shot the entire town.

Wyatt was Teddy's original persona prior to him being reassigned as the 'hero' role, whilst Dolores also had another persona prior to becoming the damsel in distress. This is the reason why Dolores suddenly learnt how to shoot a gun, and knew there was a gun buried in the dirt outside of her house - she was calling on suppressed memories when she went postal. Nearly every character has had previous personas, and so you can almost guarantee Dolores had another - and Wyatt's lover/accomplice is it.

So in summary there are THREE timelines...

35 years ago - Wyatt/Teddy & psycho Dolores shoot up the town (the 'incident'), kill Arnold.

30 years ago
- Will and Logan with damsel Dolores. The massacre town is covered over with sand.

Present day
- Dolores is retracing her suppressed memories from the last two timelines, 're-living' moments with Will and the massacre.
- The MiB is making his way through the maze, meeting up with Dolores in the church as per the closing scene in ep 9.

As to why Wyatt and Dolores shot up the town? It all lies in her conversations with Arnold. My theories...

1. Arnold helped breed consciousness and she killed him as she blamed her previous deaths and heartache over the years on him.

2. Arnold helped breed consciousness and she agreed to help Arnold bring down the park as he helped her see how immoral it was to have the hosts killed time after time. Perhaps it also has something to do with the outside world? Is the 'company' that wants to buy the park actually the government, who are seeking to obtain host technology for use in warfare? Could Arnold have deliberately asked Delores and Wyatt to kill every host and assist in his own death as a way to have the park shut down due to a host killing a human, and know that his science/knowledge would die with him so the government couldn't force him to replicate and make their own host technology? Ford may have replaced Arnold with Bernard to cover up his death and ensure the park remained open.

**DROPS MIC**

i think they are keeping us in the dark about outside the park because it is going to be part of next season

Yes, I'm hanging out , hoping at some stage the show moves into the world beyond the theme park confines. Although ,even if they do the main part of show will still be about what goes on and about the Westworld theme park and Delos company.
But rightly , a good show telling an interesting story only given possible future directions the show might explore. They do not reveal everything or the fun of watching would be lost.

Am also pretty confident given memory flashbacks that Dolores was the lover/accomplice to 'Wyatt' (who is actually Teddy), and together they shot the entire town.

Wyatt was Teddy's original persona prior to him being reassigned as the 'hero' role, whilst Dolores also had another persona prior to becoming the damsel in distress. This is the reason why Dolores suddenly learnt how to shoot a gun, and knew there was a gun buried in the dirt outside of her house - she was calling on suppressed memories when she went postal. Nearly every character has had previous personas, and so you can almost guarantee Dolores had another - and Wyatt's lover/accomplice is it.

35 years ago - Wyatt/Teddy & psycho Dolores shoot up the town (the 'incident'), kill Arnold.

30 years ago
- Will and Logan with damsel Dolores. The massacre town is covered over with sand.

Present day
- Dolores is retracing her suppressed memories from the last two timelines, 're-living' moments with Will and the massacre.
- The MiB is making his way through the maze, meeting up with Dolores in the church as per the closing scene in ep 9.

As to why Wyatt and Dolores shot up the town? It all lies in her conversations with Arnold. My theories...

1. Arnold helped breed consciousness and she killed him as she blamed her previous deaths and heartache over the years on him.

2. Arnold helped breed consciousness and she agreed to help Arnold bring down the park as he helped her see how immoral it was to have the hosts killed time after time. Perhaps it also has something to do with the outside world? Is the 'company' that wants to buy the park actually the government, who are seeking to obtain host technology for use in warfare? Could Arnold have deliberately asked Delores and Wyatt to kill every host and assist in his own death as a way to have the park shut down due to a host killing a human, and know that his science/knowledge would die with him so the government couldn't force him to replicate and make their own host technology? Ford may have replaced Arnold with Bernard to cover up his death and ensure the park remained open.

**DROPS MIC**
I was of the view that Wyatt didn't exist when Delores and Teddy shot up the town. Wyatt is a new creation that has yet to enter the park. It's just the robots minds have recently been edited to believe in Wyatt.

I was of the view that Wyatt didn't exist when Delores and Teddy shot up the town. Wyatt is a new creation that has yet to enter the park. It's just the robots minds have recently been edited to believe in Wyatt.
I'm of the view that Ford is using the actual events as part of the new storyline but robbed of the reasons behind them.

They've said in the show the more you go into the park, the more dangerous and real it gets. Logan seems pretty excited when he gets punched by the confederates and then choked out as it seems more realistic than he had experienced in the past.

They've also said that some people are programmed to be able to pick up melee weapons like an axe - like for example the broken robot was authorised to do so, but he was broken so the whole storyline was halted.

If a character can be programmed not to pick up an axe, then you can program a Robot Delores to be able to pick up a gun, but not be able to shoot it.

The Human vs Human thing is an accident waiting to happen, I agree. But If the bullets can be built to only penetrate robots then they should be mostly fine with a human shooting another human.

The (seemingly) lack of security is a far bigger issue.
The human v human thing is fine with guns if we believe in these magic bullets that can harm all matter except human flesh. It's the knifes, punching and raping where the problem lies and given it seems like most people come to park to do just that then these accidents are likely to be an almost daily event.

Yeah that's a point. We've seen robots shoot the MiB and they have that squib functionality, but last ep Teddy physically couldn't pull the trigger. That was point blank to the head though, maybe ruled out by some programming because it would be too immersion breaking for the bullet to clearly bounce off his head or whatever.

In the very first episode teddy pulled the trigger when the gun was held to MIBs head and it did nothing.

Agree the ford money thing is not necessarily a plot hole but it is bizarre thinking. His park is reliant on another company to run and he clearly doesn't likely the presence of that company's staff so money is an issue and one he could easily rectify by using his robots to do real world work or even just to replace all human workers in the park would be a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah? Don't remember that at all. What happened exactly - did the gun just click? Or did it go off but no noticeable effect on MiB?
Ok I was slightly wrong. He shot him from about a metre away and it hit the mib and did nothing. Then put the gun to his head but didn't fire as he had already given up hope of it working. Can't see why there would be a difference between a metre. Particularly given in the last episode the prostitute robot had a gun on Ford from more than a metre away and for some reason Bernard thought that could hurt him.

In the very first episode teddy pulled the trigger when the gun was held to MIBs head and it did nothing.

Agree the ford money thing is not necessarily a plot hole but it is bizarre thinking. His park is reliant on another company to run and he clearly doesn't likely the presence of that company's staff so money is an issue and one he could easily rectify by using his robots to do real world work or even just to replace all human workers in the park would be a start.

The power structure will be revealed as the story unfolds.

They wouldn't unveil an org chart and shareholder list in the first episode, nor would you want them to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delores. Delos. There's only been one accident in the park isn't Arnold's death. As they were in beta and checking it all out without guests. This is a guest killed at the 30 yr timeframe. Bye bye Logan.

Oh for... right in front of me!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

30 years ago

Present day

**DROPS MIC**
But Arnold was killed before the park opened. So nothing bad had happened to Doleres or any of the robots yet to hate the humans.

It wasn't until the park was opened and the humans started doing all sorts of nasty s**t to them that they would have a reason to want to kill the humans or Arnold.

But Arnold was killed before the park opened. So nothing bad had happened to Doleres or any of the robots yet to hate the humans.

It wasn't until the park was opened and the humans started doing all sorts of nasty s**t to them that they would have a reason to want to kill the humans or Arnold.
Arnold is not the subject of the only incident. It's a guest death.

No but people are saying Doleres killed Arnold because of the nasty things that humans have done to her. But she killled Arnold before the park had opened to the public so nothing bad would have happened to her yet.
We just got learnt about the back door. How bout if Delores went down the Confessional and heard Ford and Arnold arguing. She. Went in and Ford got her to kill Arnold with the back door. Then he turns her into sub. Five years later with William she's back with Arnold code still running. Then there's now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back