Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok here I go. Can't hold it in no longer.

In a world where you can have these weird robot people as sex dolls why do you need to visit Westworld for a wild west brothel?

These are the stupid questions these ultra fantasy futures lead you to ask. The show is even trying to ask this type of question itself in the scene where Hopkins talks about the motivation behind what he wants to accomplish with the "hosts".

"We can cure any disease, keep even the weakest of us alive and one fine day perhaps we'll actually even resurrect the dead".

"This is as good as we're gonna get"

He ends by saying "You must indulge me the occasional mistake" but what does that mean? I'll throw it out for discussion because I'm not so sure what my answer would be.

In a world where you can have these weird robot people as sex dolls why do you need to visit Westworld for a wild west brothel?

To be fair I'm not 100% sure if these robots are available mainstream..let alone to the level of detail that's available in westworld.

Even if they are there's a retail oppurtunity in being allowed to live out any sick, twisted and depraved experience you want in a setting and realisim you don't have access in the real world.

So in summary if there are these types of robots available in the real world, there's only so much you can do with them before you are bored and want a different experience you can't set up yourself.

These are the stupid questions these ultra fantasy futures lead you to ask. The show is even trying to ask this type of question itself in the scene where Hopkins talks about the motivation behind what he wants to accomplish with the "hosts".

"We can cure any disease, keep even the weakest of us alive and one fine day perhaps we'll actually even resurrect the dead".

He ends by saying "You must indulge me the occasional mistake" but what does that mean? I'll throw it out for discussion because I'm not so sure what my answer would be.

He was saying that because of technological advances human evolution has finished. Evolution works by mistakes in the genome giving some individuals advantages over others for reproductive survival. Perhaps he believes that sentient robots are the future dominant species on earth and by introducing mistakes into them it will allow evolution to continue.

If you were the creator of the westworld company wouldn't you make most of your staff androids? Think of the costs savings and lack of sick days/strikes.

In fact that's where I reckon the show will head towards as a shock twist.

If you were the creator of the westworld company wouldn't you make most of your staff androids? Think of the costs savings and lack of sick days/strikes.

In fact that's where I reckon the show will head towards as a shock twist.

For the mundane tasks like the blokes hosing down the damaged ones you could. But surely if you have robots creating the other robots you run into all sorts of problems.

For the mundane tasks like the blokes hosing down the damaged ones you could. But surely if you have robots creating the other robots you run into all sorts of problems.

For the creative tasks you wouldn't , but like you said the mundane tasks sure.

Hell they even have robots greeting the guests at the train station and showing them around.

That last bit....

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Ok here I go. Can't hold it in no longer.

The show is clearly set many decades into the future but we haven't seen the outside world. It might be s**t with a huge rich/poor divide and global warming ******* up everything. Everyone who works there is from upper class society maybe? Westworld could be an even more desirable place to be, if you're human, than we think.

Convinced the entire theme park from the big desert cliffs to the sand is artificial, not just the androids. Maybe even the sky itself. The android snake is too much of a raging clue. And they've got 25 or 75 "sub-levels"? What do you need all that for? To put the power generator for the fake sky and fake weather!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd episode was every bit as good as the first.

Ed Harris is absolutely brilliant in that role btw.

The daughter going out of character was interesting. Is this something they all have the potential to do?

Also, it mentioned that the guests wouldn't be able to shoot anyone that wasn't a host - is there anything stopping them from stabbing another guest (in the hand for instance)?

Was a bit confused by the dead James Marsden they were hosing off. Do they repair him each night he dies?

I'm guessing there are obvious "stories" created by the angry little bloke for customers to follow, and then there are secret story lines created by Anthony Hopkins. Ed Harris is on a secret story line, and has been part of the game for so long he has lost all his empathy for the bots.

How does he stay there everyday? Seemingly the guests leave each night?

1- I assumed they stayed for like a week or something (whatever the duration of their stat was)... Not sure.

2- Given everything he is doing it would appear he's gone properly off script and isn't subject to any "rules" at all.

Is the MiB a guest or bot?
I'm undecided.

On the one hand he can't be hurt by the other bots, but....
on the other hand he says last night "that he was born here" and we already know he's been coming here for 30 years.

I'm undecided.

On the one hand he can't be hurt by the other bots, but....
on the other hand he says last night "that he was born here" and we already know he's been coming here for 30 years.
Perhaps he was where the virus first started and he's had it so long, he's completely separated from bot thinking?

Yeah that thought crossed my mind too. I just assumed that the cost was still too prohibitive to allow private operators to build and maintain a staff of these robots for their own little fantasy escape operations without the astronomical backing and investment that Westworld obviously has.

Other point is it seems like Anthony Hopkins is the brains behind these things and has developed them for this exact purpose. Proprietary technology, others might be banging the door down wanting to buy it but he might not be willing to sell. Makes sense business-wise - this experience is only available at Westworld.

Yep, from memory I think that was exactly what happened in the original movie. The humans running the place weren't even sure what the robots were made of any more.

another big win for the pianola this week

Yep, hope they continue having an old timey piano version of an alternative song every week, mint! So far we have Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun and Radiohead - No Surprises.

Is the MiB a guest or bot?

Was convinced he was a bot that had figured out a hack after the pilot but after ep 2 I'm wavering on that. Still something strange going on. One of the techs said "that man can do whatever he wants". The MiB himself said something like "I've been coming here for 30 years. In a way I guess you could say I was born here". Worth noting it was said last ep that the last 'critical faliure' was also 30 years ago.

How does he stay there everyday? Seemingly the guests leave each night?

I thought that at first too, but no. Someone last week said 'best 2 weeks of my life' and pretty sure the 2 new guests this week got off the train, went for a drink/dinner/**** then stayed overnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back