Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Surely if he was a bot they would decommission him, or chase him down, hes not contributing to any of the guests stories, hes just going around f**king stuff up. They have a full swat squad going on there.
If he was a guest, they'd likely to do the same as well though wouldn't they?

The fact they seem ok with it seems odd.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
If he was a guest, they'd likely to do the same as well though wouldn't they?

The fact they seem ok with it seems odd.

Well yes and no, theyre a lot less likely to want to piss off a customer. Especially if its expected that you go there to live out the fantasy of living with no rules.

Agreed it seems odd they are allowing it, obviously plays into something bigger.

I'm flipping between him being a bot and being a person, he did say he was born there but keeps saying he comes back all the time.

Like bourbons said the last incident was 30 years ago and likely the only one who has been around for that long is Hopkins who doesn't oversee the day to day running of the park. So when they see a guy killing a heap of people all they know is he came in as a paying guest they don't know he possibly escaped 30 years ago.

But the counter argument is the old old bots like the cowboy in ep1 were really dodgy and looked obviously like robots, so if MiB is a robot then someone upgraded him at some point.

Well yes and no, theyre a lot less likely to want to piss off a customer. Especially if its expected that you go there to live out the fantasy of living with no rules.

Agreed it seems odd they are allowing it, obviously plays into something bigger.

You would think if it were real almost every week someone would ruin it for everyone by just stepping off the train and shooting everyone they see

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
And Paint it Black - Stones

Yep, although that one was more orchestral than piano wasn't it? Would have to watch again. It was also used for an action set piece, whereas both No Surprises and Black Hole Sun were presented as a backdrop to a quiet dialogue moment in the saloon and both started with shots of the automatic piano reel (?? - I dunno what its called). The fact that they were also both alternative songs released in the 90s makes me hope that it will be a regular thing.

When the pianola started up I thought to myself 'gee i hope it's Radiohead this time' and then it was and now I'm worried that I'm part of some very big and extremely tedious robot theme park

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Westworld looks like a proving ground for the robots. We know Corporate has bigger plans. I'd be guessing either learning everything about the (very rich) guests to the point they can replace them. Or generically getting the robots to the point they are good enough to blend in anywhere - your perfect spy, assassin or photogenic political candidate - all under their control.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Ed Harris could be Anthony Hopkins' brother? Would explain why Not Thor said (paraphrasing) "That gentleman can do whatever he wants".

Or he's just Bill Gates level rich.

Or both.

Certainly seems like you have to have special rights there to be allowed to freely massacre the hosts all the time. Turned out he had to do it to get the next piece of the puzzle.

I can only speculate that the spire is the entrance to the maze given that Ford saw the rattlesnake and that was part of the clue.

Can someone explain the black spire thing in the desert for me??

Should i know what it means??

We don't know what it means yet.

Seems most people go to Westworld to chill out, shoot drunks and bang whores. The movie, and perhaps the book, worked on the level that this was a theme park/resort. But the show seems to see it more of a game, and clearly Hopkins has some superior-level experience in store. I wonder if the robots turning isn't part of the plan.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Interesting. I do love the character an I can't wait to find out more about this maze!

There's a diagram of a maze on the underside of the scalp he's been carrying around. But then when he's asking the Mexican family about it the little girl goes out of character and tells him "The maze isn't meant for you".

What does it all mean?

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Quality 2nd episode. Jimmi Simpson has always been 'that guy' but him potentially playing in a 'hero' type role is really cool to see.

No idea about MiB's origin, feel like if he was a guest that keeps coming back, your upper management would be keeping some sort of tabs on him. But also feel like if someone scalped a guest or a bot, that would be something you would know about too. NFI.

Can someone explain the black spire thing in the desert for me??

Should i know what it means??

It was a cross was it not? He's bringing religion into the narrative.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Only seen an add for this once somewhere.
If it is half as good as Fringe was I will be rapt and have somewhat of a void filled in my tv series for next year or three.
Need a good sci-fi show in the mix. This looks like best option for some time to give a go.

Back