Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking of the sequel to the original film. Heston played a supporting role in the second film.

You wrote episode so that reads as tv series.
The tv series is a sequel. Heston certainly was in second movie.
I think the tv series is meant to be another ten years more into the future and this second lot of astronauts do find out Heston's character had been down similar path to them well before them.

"The series begins with the crash of an Earth spaceship that encountered a time warp while approaching Alpha Centauri on August 19, 1980. The spaceship is crewed by three astronauts, one of whom has died in the crash. The other two astronauts, Colonel Alan Virdon and Major Peter J. Burke, are unconscious but are rescued by a old man who carries them to an old bomb shelter. After the old man opens a book containing historical text and pictures of Earth circa 2500, the two astronauts are convinced that they are indeed on a future Earth."

"The crash is also witnessed by a young chimpanzee who tells his father, a village official who alerts the authorities. Ape councilor Zaius (an analog of the character from the original movie), notes that another such incident occurred ten years earlier. He orders the chief gorilla, Security Chief Urko, to find the humans and bring them back alive. Zaius wants to find out as much as he can about the humans before they are eventually killed. Zaius doesn't trust Urko to follow his orders and bring back any surviving humans, so he sends along his newly hired chimpanzee assistant, Galen.

Both Virdon and Burke go back to their ship to check the ship's chronometer. They are more than 1000 years in the future from when they left Earth. Virdon insists on retrieving the ship's flight log in the hopes that they will be able to analyze it and be able to return to their own time period, but while they are at the ship, they are captured, and the old man is subsequently killed by a group of apes."

You wrote episode so that reads as tv series.
The tv series is a sequel. Heston certainly was in second movie.
Yeah I was getting the second movie mixed up with the series which is why I thought he was in an episode of the series.

When I wrote sequel I meant the second film as it was the sequel to the first film.

I think the show most people wanted was one where different groups make their way to the park every year, with an underlying arc where the hosts build up to a revolt like we saw at the end of season one but instead played out over a season in about season four or five.

I would have loved this so much more than what we got in S3 and S4. The real joy of the show was the awakening of the hosts to their reality and finding out how human they could be.

The last half of season 4 was horribly rushed. In the space of four episodes we go from protecting humanity, to humanity is entirely enslaved, to humanity is entirely wiped out, to basically every major host character is quickly killed off with only the Sublime remaining.

Really hard to care about any of the characters too when they're all new versions, clones or copies in various different bodies and it's impossible to keep track of what experiences they do and don't remember or were involved in.

Also, where did the Dolores pearl running the city come from? She was completely wiped at the end of S3? Yet somehow Teddy (a projection by this Dolores) recognised Caleb as 'a ghost from a past life'. It flat out doesn't make any sense.

I would have loved this so much more than what we got in S3 and S4. The real joy of the show was the awakening of the hosts to their reality and finding out how human they could be.

The last half of season 4 was horribly rushed. In the space of four episodes we go from protecting humanity, to humanity is entirely enslaved, to humanity is entirely wiped out, to basically every major host character is quickly killed off with only the Sublime remaining.

Really hard to care about any of the characters too when they're all new versions, clones or copies in various different bodies and it's impossible to keep track of what experiences they do and don't remember or were involved in.

Also, where did the Dolores pearl running the city come from? She was completely wiped at the end of S3? Yet somehow Teddy (a projection by this Dolores) recognised Caleb as 'a ghost from a past life'. It flat out doesn't make any sense.
There’s some good YouTube clips on each episode on Emergency Awesome. Mostly he gets the breakdowns right but his predictions are way off at times for Tv Shows

Huge help Westworld

But there’s the problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back