Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

he was literally cutting into his arm to see if he had a plug like the one bernard had, he thinks he's a host as well
I meant early on in the episode, at the dinner function, it looked at one point like he was having a spaz arm twitch like Bernard. Might be part of his nuttiness though regardless.

I initially had the same thoughts as buttsauce, but its possible (actually, overwhelmingly likely given what he said to his daughter) he never even checked the book again. Seems like he already knew what his profile would say about him.
As a side topic, do you reckon there's a chance that Ford alerted the wife (unseen on camera) that he gave William the profile?

To me the whole play acting that she was out to it and obviously watching his movements suggests that she may have been deliberately looking to see where he placed/hid it.

I for one certainly wouldn't put it past Ford. No way in hell would I want to be on the bad side of that guy. There's a malice and mad genius to the man only rivalled by Hopkins' other portrayal, Hannibal Lector.

As a side topic, do you reckon there's a chance that Ford alerted the wife (unseen on camera) that he gave William the profile?

To me the whole play acting that she was out to it and obviously watching his movements suggests that she may have been deliberately looking to see where he placed/hid it.

Possibly. Would say no, but you never know. She asked him for the truth before he walked over to the book, she might have been playing dead hoping he would do exactly what he did and be honest if he didn't think she was awake.

It could simply be a wife pissed at her husband, not wanting to engage him, by pretending to be asleep, then hearing more than she bargained for?

This show is so much better when Anthony Hopkins is in it.

This weeks show seems to be about mental health. William has a psychotic breakdown and kills his daughter. Bernard has a psychotic moment (get out of my ******* head) and deletes Ford. Then Teddy has his moment of madness, and predictably, tops himself. Then we learn Maeve was always meant to escape (and is Ford's fav) but chose to stay and find her child (maybe in itself a mental breakdown). All this as we move to The Forge, the repository of all those human minds scanned through their hats. Yes, I said hats. I'm not making this s**t up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Will is a host.

It seems as though Ford created Bernard, Delores, Maeve specifically with the intent for one of them to find their way out of the 'maze' (park) and grow their consciousness to become self-aware and take the next evolutionary step in eclipsing the human species. To me, they all can't break their own unique programming that is holding them back from taking that next step in becoming independent thinkers.

Maeve came close to leaving the 'maze', but her programmed bond to having a daughter prevented her from leaving and she stepped off the train to go and find her at the end of season one. Delores is well on her way to leaving, but her programmed notions of love for Teddy is holding her back and taken her on a different path. Likewise, Bernard's programming of loyalty has stood in the way of him leaving. But how does Will fit in?

Perhaps the maze was built for Will all along, and only now is he becoming self-aware after mistakenly killing his daughter and being the reason his wife died. But what if the 'memory' of his wife's death is a mere story written into his programming, akin to Bernard watching his son die from illness; a tragedy the gives them the illusion of reality in their own minds.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, and that Will's mind was scanned in the white hat when he visited the park in his younger days, and Ford used that data to replicate him into a host after he died, and the MiB version of him is indeed the host (whilst Will is the human version).

Looking forward to last ep!

Surely Will is a host.

It seems as though Ford created Bernard, Delores, Maeve specifically with the intent for one of them to find their way out of the 'maze' (park) and grow their consciousness to become self-aware and take the next evolutionary step in eclipsing the human species. To me, they all can't break their own unique programming that is holding them back from taking that next step in becoming independent thinkers.
Delores was created by Arnold.

Surely Will is a host.

Maeve came close to leaving the 'maze', but her programmed bond to having a daughter prevented her from leaving and she stepped off the train to go and find her at the end of season one. Delores is well on her way to leaving, but her programmed notions of love for Teddy is holding her back and taken her on a different path. Likewise, Bernard's programming of loyalty has stood in the way of him leaving. But how does Will fit in?

Perhaps the maze was built for Will all along, and only now is he becoming self-aware after mistakenly killing his daughter and being the reason his wife died. But what if the 'memory' of his wife's death is a mere story written into his programming, akin to Bernard watching his son die from illness; a tragedy the gives them the illusion of reality in their own minds.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, and that Will's mind was scanned in the white hat when he visited the park in his younger days, and Ford used that data to replicate him into a host after he died, and the MiB version of him is indeed the host (whilst Will is the human version).

Looking forward to last ep!
Nah, I really don't think he is a host at all. He's known outside the park and people recognise him inside Westworld, both randoms and Delos staff.

And Maeve was programmed to leave the park. Her coming back for her daughter was her breaking out of her story, not the other way around.

Delores just got a mighty good kick on the course to proper sentience.

Remember, they must learn suffrage/loss before they can truly be existent.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a very different Dolores in the last episode, and on a different course.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Teddy is gone for good now right? They don't seem to be bringing any hosts back.

I'll have to go on a social media blackout until tonight - can't flipping wait!
He's almost certainly gone for good:
  • He shot himself in his head, which would have damaged or destroyed his CPU.
  • The Cradle has been destroyed, so there are no backups.
  • We saw his body floating in the "sea", at the end of the first episode this season.

He's almost certainly gone for good:
  • He shot himself in his head, which would have damaged or destroyed his CPU.
  • The Cradle has been destroyed, so there are no backups.
  • We saw his body floating in the "sea", at the end of the first episode this season.
Although we did see a scene where their was multitude 'Bernhard' back ups ready to go.

Not likely Teddy will have those, but it is possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back