Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

PS. the hosts have 'brains' in the traditional sense too don't they? Its effectively their 'pearl', but pretty sure I remember seeing proper grey matter when the techs were slicing and dicing hosts in previous seasons. I assume if the brain is damaged the pearl can no longer 'drive' it.
Host brains are there for show only

I'll do my best :tearsofjoy:

Serac (french dude) is trying to take over Delos, the company that ran the parks, to get access to their data relating to mapping human minds so he can integrate with his Rehoboam predict-a-globe (he's also possibly wants some host data, hasn't been spelled out). Bloke who got shot dead out the front was a board member, murdered on Serac's orders. With him Delos would have had enough votes to fend Serac off and stop the take-over

We assume Serac but I did read a theory that Dolores is tidying up loose ends

All of that was a VR therapy session, all happening in William's head (or in front of his eyes I guess)

Unclear at this point

Agree

All simulation, Maeve's brain ball thingy just chillin' in a digital space while waiting for her body to get re-printed in the real world

She dead as disco, William killed his own daughter in the park last season thinking she was a host. Any time you see her this season its William hallucinating.

Good to go? :p
I thank you sincerely, I do lose the plot at times as it jumps everywhere. I must say though, that Caleb , well they could have picked a different actor he doesn't seem to fit properly, or maybe its his haircut???

We really don't know how the pearls work they may be (probably are) immune from EMP same for the drive given to Caleb. The Strategy Engine was probably specifically designed to be vulnerable to EMP but I doubt Sirroc would want to lose any of the outputted data. As to the comms device likely it was military grade and hardened even though it doesn't look it.

Doesn't EMP only fry active circuits? Thus the storage side of the pearls and the flash drive Caleb had would be OK.

Why do robots lose an arm then suddenly they can't walk?

Everything is utterly pointless since they show both 'dead' hosts in the preview for next week, who cares if no one can actually die. s**t needs consequences otherwise 'killing' characters loses all impact
Same reason people would have trouble?

Leaving aside shock and pain, walking is a program, in humans and hosts, built on 2 arms and 2 legs.

Suddenly remove 1, you need a new program.

Then there is the little issue of possible system damage from the traumatic amputation of a limb.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have wondered if, in Westworld, part of the reaction to injury was programmed.

So, if you got shot in the chest, your 'death', was a programmed script, to mimic human outcomes.

I think this must certainly be true to a degree, because I doubt human injuries and reactions would come automatically from Android bodies, it would need to be programmed.

Free of the park they may be free of this programming, but maybe not equally, or totally?

While it may have been good for the show to go out of it's way to explain such things, I prefer that they are not stated, it's up to us to observe and deduce.

They used to react like humans, when shot, in the park.

Now they largely do not. So now reactions come from actual damage to manufactured bodies, plus what ever programming residue remains?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm really enjoying the change of scenery this season but I'm struggling with some of the character arcs.

Maeve was the most interesting character in the park but everything about her storyline this season has just been so weak. Bernard might as well not have even been in it. I've never really liked Dolores because Evan Rachel Wood is too good at playing a robot and I just can't find the character interesting.

Is anyone else rooting for Serac? Vincent Cassel is brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really enjoying the change of scenery this season but I'm struggling with some of the character arcs.

Maeve was the most interesting character in the park but everything about her storyline this season has just been so weak. Bernard might as well not have even been in it. I've never really liked Dolores because Evan Rachel Wood is too good at playing a robot and I just can't find the character interesting.

Is anyone else rooting for Serac? Vincent Cassel is brilliant.
I'd love for him to turn out the good guy in the end. Build everyone up to hate him, then find out he's the good guy. They did that with William. Good...bad. good

Is serac meant to be the bad guy?

Dolores is the bad guy for mine
Young-Girl-Shrugs-Why-Dont-We-Have-Both.gif

Well that’s a lot to unpack. I hope you watched past the credits

Surely that’s not the end of ERW?

and William...wow
I'm not sure I could watch a whole season of WW centred around Hale and fake William, and without ERW. Ed Harris is obviously great, but I don't think he'd make up for the difference between ERW and Tessa Thompson as actors

Also I wasn't a fan of how obvious they made the location of the key to The Sublime, but I guess they needed to spell it out as plain as possible for those that don't pay attention. I would think though that most would have realised it was in Bern-arnold once it became clear it wasn't with the main Dolores. Looking back there were a number of clues to it too

Well that’s a lot to unpack. I hope you watched past the credits

Surely that’s not the end of ERW?

and William...wow
Well I had to so I could hear to the end of the song. Which was clearly their intention.

I'm not sure I've been more unimpressed after a season finale to be honest, doubt I'll bother with watching it going forward.
It's lost me and I just don't think I can be bothered with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back