Westy

Remove this Banner Ad

dogboy23

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2001
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was reported in the herald sun today that we had offers from the hawks,port,north and geelong for scott west but knocked back all of them.Surely this proves there is no truth in those rumours.Just out of interest did anyone watch channel 7 news last night they said who port offered but i missed it.:confused:

Originally posted by jim440
Sport 927 will not give up. They reported this morning West to Port.
Sport 927 have been giving me the shi*s especially Gary Honey he is nothing but a sh*t stirrer.:rolleyes:

We were never going to get rid of Westy! Plough had said time and time again each Monday night that he is on 3AW that there are certain players you don't trade, four time club champs are amoung them! :)

Originally posted by Darky
The Kangaroos are not interested in Scott West because his salary would not fit under our salary cap, according to our football manager Geoff Walsh.
Who had checked it out on the Michael Easy prepared list of all contracted AFL players who could fit on the Kangaroos' list.

So I guess a West - Cochrane trade is out of the question now then? :D

Yes, an interesting offer. But gee, I'm no wrap at all for Cornes. He's a big sheila!! For a bloke of his size and bulk, he rarely does enough damage. I'm not really surprised that Port are willing to trade him - he's one of those players who is bagged mercilessly by his own supporters. A big statement - but pound for pound - I'd rather have Bandy. At least we're not trading Westy for him.

Golden rule: absolute class is a rare commodity. Don't trade a champion for a handful of servicable players. Do you think that Brisbane would trade Voss in exchange for our entire backline? I think not. If we had to part with West, say with Port, I would entertain nothing less than a swap for their finest. West for Primus - yes. West for Cornes, Lade and a draft pick NO (the draft pick being the most attractive part of that package). The quality of West cannot be devalued - 4 times B&F, All Australian, he will go down as one of our greatest sons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by The_Flying_Egg
Just thought I'd mention that the Great Minton-Connell you speak of from the Dogs forum is me

Welcome to BF TFE.

Originally posted by jim440
927 said we knocked back Ports offer of C. Cornes, Lade and pick#15.
This is the best offer yet, though, a quality forward (21yo, 191cm, 3rd in comp for contested marks) a big defender 25yo, 199cm, 2 broken legs in last 2 years) and a first round pick.

Shlt .... that aint a bad offer. :confused:

A lot of Port supporters consider Lade a better ruckman than Primus, but given his injuries, it would be a major gamble. If he comes good though, he'll almost be of equal value to West himself.

Cornes goes missing a lot, is far from a star player, and as WWB said, is way too soft -- still could offer something.

First draft pick -- before Clayton gets poached by a richer club, give the guy something to work with.

If they want him that desperately (which obviously they do), hold them to ransom -- That offer + their second round pick (#31), + Guerra.

Obviously port would be losing out, but we're the ones who hold the contracted star player, and they're the ones who'll have to pay a premium to get him. If they reject that deal, we'll be more than happy to keep one of the best midfielders in the comp.

One tall strong marking (although inconsistent) forward, a gun ruckman/defender/forward, a hard at it classy youngster, and two quality draft picks. If we aren't stupid and lose that 26th pick in the Bandy deal, that'll leave us with 4 picks in the first 31 selections in what looks to be a strong and deep draft.

You could rebuild a whole bloody club with that kind of trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back