Game Day We've got a long way to go to become anything like Richmond v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad I decided to clean the gutters this arvo instead. Time for some radical changes.
Apart from Hinkey leaving, it's time rethink our forward and centre square options.
Although young, we desperately need Rozzee in the middle. None of our current midfielders are fast and elusive and we are looking completely flatfooted. We also really need a pacy, tall, inventive and elusive mid in the mould of the Bont, Cripps and Fyfe.
We need to persist with Dixon but need to bring Marshall in for the remainder of the year. Ladhams/Haynes also need to be given a run. Woodcock or Cox to play as small forwards. Goodbye S.Gray and Motlop. Additional to a tall midefielder, we also need another pacy, highmarking half forward flank. Someone like Hayward.
So frustrating...we are so directionless and if anyone asked how to define our style of footy, I would say apathetic and ignorant.
Hinkley HAS TO GO.

Next week the Port Magpies should be strengthened with the inclusion of -

Motlop - not up to it, was hot and cold at Geelong and has been mainly cold with us.
Powell-Pepper- was not with it today and needs to go back to the SANFL. Maybe he reads the paper too much?
Sutcliffe- I still cannot figure why we drafted this guy let alone gave him two AFL games.
Rozee- an outstanding talent but he needs a wake up call, if Duursma can be dropped so can Connor.
And Dixon

Brutal reality is that our midfield has been very average for a number of years. Is slow, working only one way with little defensive pressure on turnover. The mid plan is heavily dependent on forcing stoppages and slowing the play down. Until this is resolved by recruitment/drafting of some outside mid speedier types plus the dev of others such as Rozee in the mid, we will to continue to struggle against the better equipped sides and remain mid table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed that that "Bo" bounces? stat was Richmond 14 and Port 2.
I assume that to be bounces when running with the ball?
Was their ability to run and carry that noticable through the game?
Short 4, Houli 4 and Martin 3.
I could be wrong...maybe it's a body odour rating, which I suppose could indicate a higher work rate as well. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 6.37.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 6.37.24 pm.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 323
I could be wrong...maybe it's a body odour rating, which I suppose could indicate a higher work rate as well. :)

They moved the ball a lot easier, used handball more effective

They moved the ball a lot easier, used handball more effective

Have you noticed how blocking is increasingly being used to protect ball carriers...especially through the corridor ? Brisbane exceptional at it. Port want the coridoor and flick the ball around to work through the centre and into attack. It can work but disposals are often rushed.
Sick of seeing players running so close together for the purpose of receiving but nowone blocking or shepherding. Rozzee, Duursma, Butters, Amon and our better kicks would certainly benefit from more time and space being created.
Am I being harsh?

Deceptive when they run 3 metres out of the goal square at a kick in, and bounce it. 100% Padding stats

Have you noticed how blocking is increasingly being used to protect ball carriers...especially through the corridor ? Brisbane exceptional at it. Port want the coridoor and flick the ball around to work through the centre and into attack. It can work but disposals are often rushed.
Sick of seeing players running so close together for the purpose of receiving but nowone blocking or shepherding. Rozzee, Duursma, Butters, Amon and our better kicks would certainly benefit from more time and space being created.
Am I being harsh?
Yep. I yelled at our players a number of times today to bloody shepherd.

SPP was one I remember clearly.

They are not playing for each other.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Compare Lynch with Dixon.

There once was a time where Dixon was the more exciting prospect.
We were a rabble under Primus but at least he knew how to play key forwards. We looked okay in '13 and '14 under Hinkley. Schulz barely fired a shot from '15 onwards, nor has any other KPF on our list since that time bar Dixon in '17, nor has our team as a whole.

If 44 goals missing two games is barely firing a shot, I'd hate to see what anything less constitutes.

There once was a time where Dixon was the more exciting prospect.

If 44 goals missing two games is barely firing a shot, I'd hate to see what anything less constitutes.

Unless he had doctors expressly telling him to pack it in, I’d have been more than happy to warehouse him until he was anywhere within the ballpark of 100% in 2017.

To part ways with Schulz and voluntarily jettison Butcher at the end of 2016 with only baby Marshall (1 goal in 3 games - inc. the EF) and horrendously makeshift Trengove (17 goals in 19 games) to replace him was either the height of optimism or flatout bonkers.

Surely we do not expect our little suburban club to be compared to another traditional powerhouse like North Melbourne. Grow up the lot of us.

Whoops meant to be you not us. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back