Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its time to say enough is enough when it comes to Kelm. I am a Nhill supporter but also a massive supporter of seeing the wimmera league being a very strong league. What Kelm did today is as cheap if not cheaper than what Barry Hall did to Staker. This is not the first time he's done it and it definitely won't be the last. Phil Butsch headbutting Hargy is also a sign of a coward. Too many players i.e. Kelm, Butsch, Carr, Solyom, etc. are taking advantage of the week stance that the WFL tribunal takes against them. This is going to deter young locals coming back to the league for fear of being king hit by old blokes trying to be intimidating. If Kelm gets away with breaking a blokes jaw in 2 spots, fracturing an eye socket and a trip to melbourne to have surgery, it will jus let everyone know that its open slather behind play. If Kelm did what he did at a pub or on the street he would be in jail, but since hes on did it on a sporting field he'll probably miss 1 or 2 weeks. Time for the WFL to make a stand and throw the book at someone who has given them so many reasons too in the past. MINIMUM SIX WEEKS!! The competition doesn't need these blokes to give the rest of the league a bad reputation

I agree with most of that w although I think Hargreaves is big enough to look after himself we don’t want to be getting a bad name in S.A that would prevent us from recruiting in the future. As you know W everyone gets 2 weeks regardless of what they do but maybe if any tribunal members saw it things might be different.
Completely agree about Solymon but not about Carr.

Why not Carr? His cheap shot on Matt Walder at Nhill in 2002 was an absolute disgrace. Fractured a cheekbone and if not for Walder's courage to play in the GF against Ararat in a helmet may have cost the Eagles a premiership. And didn't he have some issue with Jason Weir a year or two ago?
Quality player, supremely talented, cheap shot artist.

But maybe he learned from his coach. At least Carr keeps it on field and out of the Horsham licensed venues I suppose.

I think its time to say enough is enough when it comes to Kelm. I am a Nhill supporter but also a massive supporter of seeing the wimmera league being a very strong league. What Kelm did today is as cheap if not cheaper than what Barry Hall did to Staker. This is not the first time he's done it and it definitely won't be the last. Phil Butsch headbutting Hargy is also a sign of a coward. Too many players i.e. Kelm, Butsch, Carr, Solyom, etc. are taking advantage of the week stance that the WFL tribunal takes against them. This is going to deter young locals coming back to the league for fear of being king hit by old blokes trying to be intimidating. If Kelm gets away with breaking a blokes jaw in 2 spots, fracturing an eye socket and a trip to melbourne to have surgery, it will jus let everyone know that its open slather behind play. If Kelm did what he did at a pub or on the street he would be in jail, but since hes on did it on a sporting field he'll probably miss 1 or 2 weeks. Time for the WFL to make a stand and throw the book at someone who has given them so many reasons too in the past. MINIMUM SIX WEEKS!! The competition doesn't need these blokes to give the rest of the league a bad reputation

The_Big_W - for the benfit of the rest of us can you please tell us exactly what it was that you saw Kelm do today. I was there today but unfortunately was not aware the incident had taken place until I saw the injured Nhill player. Whilst so far everyone has indicated Kelm has done something no one on this forum has said exactly what it was. I do not dispute that Kelm has had other discretions throughout the past years however what 'exactly' happened this time. I am assuming you saw the incident, so if you can tell us what happened - if Kelm infact has a case to answer which a report would indicate he does, what, in your eyes are the facts.

Well like the rest of us i wasn't watching 150m off the play knowing that a bloke was going to get king hit. The results speak for themself with the player needing surgery on a broken jaw and fractured eye socket. I don't think you get one of them from a jumper punch. Apparently the reserve umpire saw the incident so hopefully justice will be served. The sooner Kelm leaves the big league and goes back to Taylors Lake to play with the rest of the thugs. If you go by the AFL points system on the incident of intentional, severe impact, high contact, and behind play it would automatically go to a hearing which four weeks is the minimum. Plus his bad record it could have been 8+ weeks. A 2 week suspension isn't satisfactory

phil should get 2 or 3 aswell massive head butt connected sweet reported by the boundry ump i think

Which of the umpires reported him? No, two weeks is not enough if it was intentional and the young tiger has a permanent health problem as a result. Lets just make sure we don’t jump to any conclusions though. I’m the first to mock just about everything that happens in country footy but this is very serious stuff. Innocent until proven guilty I say, and given the possibilities of the law being involved maybe we should let the week unfold before commenting further?

Reserve Umpire was Maurice Rudolph, he was sitting between the two coaches boxes which would not have had him far from the incident.

Which of the umpires reported him? No, two weeks is not enough if it was intentional and the young tiger has a permanent health problem as a result. Lets just make sure we don’t jump to any conclusions though. I’m the first to mock just about everything that happens in country footy but this is very serious stuff. Innocent until proven guilty I say, and given the possibilities of the law being involved maybe we should let the week unfold before commenting further?

Who'd Kelm hit?

Did anybody actually see what happend or only the aftermath

Are you refering to the central umpire who was standing 20 metres away from the ugly headbutt incident and did nothing???

absolute disgrace that butsch didn't get a card yet pat knott did for something much less severe!!!

Fancy, good to see your having a field day with all this comotion!!!!

Fancy just getting away from the ugly incident for a second. What sort of ball park figure have you Tiggers forked out this year? Any $$$ left for another tilt at knocking off the Evil Empire next year?
Would anyone actually venture to a Demons/Eagles Grand Final? What sort of hidding would be handed out on a dry day after Saturday's shellacking.

Are you refering to the central umpire who was standing 20 metres away from the ugly headbutt incident and did nothing???

absolute disgrace that butsch didn't get a card yet pat knott did for something much less severe!!!

Talking about a disgrace, did many venture to Coughlin Park on saturday. Having to satnd in inch deep water to get food and beer. The players race onto the ground had puddles 2-3 inches deep and most food was sold by lunch.

The commission need to hang their heads in shame for even contemplating holding it there. When you are charging $13 entry fee compared to district league $8 there needs to be better facilities than that.

Talking about a disgrace, did many venture to Coughlin Park on saturday. Having to satnd in inch deep water to get food and beer. The players race onto the ground had puddles 2-3 inches deep and most food was sold by lunch.

The commission need to hang their heads in shame for even contemplating holding it there. When you are charging $13 entry fee compared to district league $8 there needs to be better facilities than that.

The saints have had 25years to put some shelter over the front of there sheds but instead they put the $ into ********s like kelm and butsch and that has got them goin well hasnt it. Anywonder they have the attitude they have when u look at the way they praise the thug in the reserves called ison. The saints actually cheer this bloke that goes around tryin to clean up anyone under his weight division which is large mind u. Good family club the saints just look at the way they carry themselves with all that has happened this year with combe, kelm, butsch, ison and co glad i haven`t got a son their.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think anybody seen the incident a 100 metres off the ball but the Win TV got it, it was on the sport segment tonight and he is in some serious s**t! I couldnt believe what I seen unfold with Butch, why would he do something so stupid? Both shpuld get an absolute minimum of 4 weeks.

Anybody see WIN news tonight? Young man running without a hint in his step, running a half a ground away from the ball is felled by a player unseen. Disgrace disgrace disgrace, I had no idea it was as cowardly and as unprovoked as that. As a woman I have never played football but you have lose me boys. That kind of behind the play thuggery that used to be revered is now seen for what it is. Shame on you all. I have given my all to this community and League but you can jam it up your arse you over paid psychos who think smashing a young mans face open when he isn’t looking is just part of the game. You have all let people like Ison dictate what is ‘normal’ in our football region so ,lets not say it is all one club. Let’s not say it is the tribunals fault or the umpires fault any longer because in the end the clubs make the league and you men make the clubs. You are all culpable .

FP

There are more women involved with the administration of clubs than there has ever been. This issue is not gender isolated.

Hang on Fancy Pants. You appear to be getting over emotional in relation to the whole matter. I agree it is an ugly incident and totally unacceptable conduct. But it is far too early to be blaming all clubs or all men or leagues or officials. When rules of the game are broken in such a way there is likely to be and should be an investigation and a subsequent tribunal hearing. If laws of the state are broken there should be a police investigation and court proceedings. If niether of these result in thorough investigations and appropriate sanctions, then you can start laying blame at someone else other than the individual involved.

Hang on Fancy Pants. You appear to be getting over emotional in relation to the whole matter. I agree it is an ugly incident and totally unacceptable conduct. But it is far too early to be blaming all clubs or all men or leagues or officials. When rules of the game are broken in such a way there is likely to be and should be an investigation and a subsequent tribunal hearing. If laws of the state are broken there should be a police investigation and court proceedings. If niether of these result in thorough investigations and appropriate sanctions, then you can start laying blame at someone else other than the individual involved.

I believe the Wimmera Umpires Association need to accept a lot of responsibility for what is happening. There standard response of we did not see any thing is wearing thin. It was the umpires who demanded independant goal umpires some years back yet how many reports have these "independant" goal umpires made? It appears to simply have become a career path for ageing field umpires to retire to the goal square and still be paid.

The administration of the umpires association needs to be taken away from the umpires themselves and placed in the hands of someone who may actively recruit potential umpires and give them an opportunity to advance themselves. Not left to self serving ageing umpires who only allow their own next generation to officiate.

They have argued for many years they needed more cash to attract more umpires. That has simply not been the case. How about more professionalism like having a minimum requirement in beep test prior to be appointed to a game! Simply having a pulse should not be the only requirement.

By the way Fancy. You're not fooling anyone with your insistence that you are a female with some sort of connection with Nhill. Some know better. I used to think that you and PP were the more sensible posters on this forum but with some of your recent posts I think you have lost the plot!

If the field umpire did not see it, maybe a boundary umpire reported Butsch, they cant send off players.

If the league does not suspend kelm because of an investgation that will take two weeks is a disgrace!!!! investigation into wat beer has a broken nose!! is that not enough evedence

Was great to see players and supporters from the evil empire clap the loosing side off on sunday.. Just shows that those guys appreciated a good game over shadowed by all the on field incidents

Horsham Saints captain and Toohey Medallist Gavin Kelm will face the Wimmera Football League tribunal on Friday after the Wimmera Football League commission called for an independent investigation into an incident from Sunday's semi-final at a special meeting last night.

Kelm had originally been scheduled to face the league judiciary tonight.
Wimmera league commissioners called for the Wimmera league's independent investigator to look into an incident between Kelm and Nhill defender Aaron Beer in the Saints' two point first semi-final win at Anzac Park, Warracknabeal, on Sunday.
The clash left Beer with a broken nose and possible cheek and eye damage.
The league investigator decided this afternoon that Kelm did have a case to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back