Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelm and Butch have both been reported and will front the tribunal tonight. What need would there be for an investigation.
i'm with you b watcher, if kelm was reported on the weekend, why would the league need the investigate it. (if it is true) As far as i know the interchange steward who supposedly reported him has the power to report. Maybe they are just making sure?

read the my last post!! that what was on the mail times website!! so i would say its true!!

Phil Butsch has received only 1 week from the tribunal after pleading not guilty to headbutting Daniel Hargraves. Shows how flawed the system is when commissioners witnessed the headbutt and the fact that hargraves nose was broken from the incident. This gives the greenlight for anyone to take the law into their own hands and get away with it. The mail times obviously has a loyalty to the saints because the fact that all kelm could say is that he was dissapopointed shows that he has no remorse for his actions. He doesn't care that he has seriously harmed another player, he was just dissappointed that he got caught. the fact the mail times says he has a clean record except for the one incident against another nhill player a while ago, shows how short their memory is. Kelm king hit the minyip murtoa full back this year behind the play but got away with it. About time everyone wakes up and realises that if the competition keeps going this way by not punishing blatant acts of cowardess that players of the calibre of Tuckey, Hargraves, Ladhams, Clark, etc will not be able to be drawn to this league. And then we will have to put up with snipers like kelm dominating the league with their fists rather than guns like the other boys dominating with their skills

Phil Butsch has received only 1 week from the tribunal after pleading not guilty to headbutting Daniel Hargraves. Shows how flawed the system is when commissioners witnessed the headbutt and the fact that hargraves nose was broken from the incident. This gives the greenlight for anyone to take the law into their own hands and get away with it. The mail times obviously has a loyalty to the saints because the fact that all kelm could say is that he was dissapopointed shows that he has no remorse for his actions. He doesn't care that he has seriously harmed another player, he was just dissappointed that he got caught. the fact the mail times says he has a clean record except for the one incident against another nhill player a while ago, shows how short their memory is. Kelm king hit the minyip murtoa full back this year behind the play but got away with it. About time everyone wakes up and realises that if the competition keeps going this way by not punishing blatant acts of cowardess that players of the calibre of Tuckey, Hargraves, Ladhams, Clark, etc will not be able to be drawn to this league. And then we will have to put up with snipers like kelm dominating the league with their fists rather than guns like the other boys dominating with their skills
you would like to think that he was disapointed in himself, but who knows?

I think Aaron Beer should be the one under investigation i witnessed the whole thing sunday and was disgusted with beer when Kelm was not looking he viciously hit Kelms fist as hard as he could with his face how can he get off with no report its a disgrace.

I think Aaron Beer should be the one under investigation i witnessed the whole thing sunday and was disgusted with beer when Kelm was not looking he viciously hit Kelms fist as hard as he could with his face how can he get off with no report its a disgrace.

Pull your head in mate

You obviously sleep with the light on. Saying stuff like that makes people wish it was your face on the end of that king hit and not beer's

That might be tongue in cheek but if Butsch only got 1 week for head butting it may actually be possible if that is a fair indication of how the tribunal thinks!

That might be tongue in cheek but if Butsch only got 1 week for head butting it may actually be possible if that is a fair indication of how the tribunal thinks!

So reflecting on other reports made this year, is it fair to say that the chris walsh high bump that received 2 weeks was more malicious than a cheap shot head butt that broke someones nose???? Don't think so

Is there a hidden agenda?

how convenient that a star player receives only one week when the marquee game, "the GF" is the week after........

In the AFL you can get 4 weeks suspension for accidental high contact that is in the course of play. Yet in this league a deliberate knock to the head of another with your head, not in the course of play, is only worth one week. Both are wrong.

In the AFL you can get 4 weeks suspension for accidental high contact that is in the course of play. Yet in this league a deliberate knock to the head of another with your head, not in the course of play, is only worth one week. Both are wrong.

Just saw Kelm incident on WIN news. Minimum 6 weeks should be 10-12 weeks. WFL tribunal, probably suspended sentence.

Kelm 6 weeks with another 4 weeks suspended. Justin Combe did the exact same thing earlier in the year and got 10 weeks. Kelm is obviously a protected species and shows how much of a joke the umpires and the league commission is. The umpire clough who claims he didn't see butsch headbutt hargy, was a witness for the defense. When an umpire like clough is appointed to umpire a finals game involving a club he played for for 10 years, shows that the saints will get away with murder whenever and wherever they want. I implore nhill to make a stand and appeal against the soft sentence and also press charges on this thug of a bloke. There could be more than 2 weeks jail time for a cheap king hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So reflecting on other reports made this year, is it fair to say that the chris walsh high bump that received 2 weeks was more malicious than a cheap shot head butt that broke someones nose???? Don't think so

Is there a hidden agenda?

how convenient that a star player receives only one week when the marquee game, "the GF" is the week after........

Sounds as though there might be a hidden agenda! To think that a player was found guilty of headbutting and to only cop 1 week after breaking a players nose is an absolute discrace.... In the instance of a bump and collecting a player high it is generally accidental ie Franklins bump and by the sounds of things Walsh's. Phil Butch had a choice to headbutt or not to headbutt and he chose to headbutt, it wasn't an instictive or evasive split second decision. It was a decision he chose with the intent to hurt obviously, it was a cowards act and he should be responsible for his actions and to take a not guilty plea, what is the go with that Phil? Who is on the tribunal?

Sounds as though there might be a hidden agenda! To think that a player was found guilty of headbutting and to only cop 1 week after breaking a players nose is an absolute discrace.... In the instance of a bump and collecting a player high it is generally accidental ie Franklins bump and by the sounds of things Walsh's. Phil Butch had a choice to headbutt or not to headbutt and he chose to headbutt, it wasn't an instictive or evasive split second decision. It was a decision he chose with the intent to hurt obviously, it was a cowards act and he should be responsible for his actions and to take a not guilty plea, what is the go with that Phil? Who is on the tribunal?
uncle hendrick, this is not the AFL. I dont think there is any agenda but, who is on the tribunal? If this happened in the district league would be a whole different story. The penalties from the HDFL tribunal would be a lot severe going on past history. I believe that the tribunal members are the same lot available to both leagues. I stand to be corrected though. I agree it is a cowards act and should have been penalised accordingly. But with a police proscecutor as the advocate for the accused, what chance did the umpires or the tribunal members have of a fair and reasonable verdict. Horsham Saints were entitled to have any person represent them to be fair to them also.

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/toohey-medalist-suspended/1614211.aspx

Toohey Medalist suspended
3/09/2009 10:20:00 PM
Horsham Saints captain and former Toohey Medallist Gavin Kelm was suspended for 10 matches by the Wimmera Football League tribunal tonight.

Kelm will serve a six-match ban and will carry a four-match suspended ban until the end of the 2012 season.

Kelm was reported for striking in the Saints' first semi-final win against Nhill at Anzac Park, Warracknabeal on Sunday.

He clashed with Nhill defender Aaron Beer in the final quarter.

The clash left Beer with a broken nose and possible damage to his cheek and eye.

The striking charge was withdrawn on Wednesday when Wimmera league officials called for an investigation.

He was later charged with misconduct.

Kelm did not attend the tribunal due to work commitments, but pleaded guilty to the charge.

Well there you go, justice served. I thought the hearing was to be tomorrow. Warrack Eagles to beat the Saints this weekend and then get thrashed by Horsham in the GF.

when i saw gavin kelm in the first quarter on sunday hold the ball above his head while running into an open goal i thought to myself that "pride comes before a fall". Well he proved that point to its full extent......I hope he never play football again!!!

good to see, i think it was junky or something like that register in september and get wiped for his comments yesterday. We dont need dopes like that on big footy. We can all express our opinions in a civil manner.

Harvey LANG has got the Warrack Eagles into the GF. I've heard that they will be re-appointing him for a three year term now, even though they know that they are going to get thrashed by over ten goals!!!!!!

Eagles what a great effort!! Lets hope something can happen on saturday. You never no what could happen eagles very hungry and demons wanting just abother one!! GO YOU EAGLES

Re: GRAND FINAL WHITEWASH WFL 2009

Well it is not much point anyone other than players, umpires officials and club members turning up to Dimmy this weekend for the 'coveted' Wimmera League Grand Final. All the 4 games will be extremely one sided and you may as well hand over the cups now and save the embarrasment.

SENIORS: Horsham v Warrack Eagles.
Horsham to romp home for number 7 in a row by at least 8-12 goals with the only chance for Weagles is if Lang pulls out a couple of dirty cheating tricks to get his boys over the line (ala saints U14's couple of years back)

RESERVES: Stawell v Horsham Saints
Stawell with He man Jenks (who gets his thrills by yelling abuse at 7 year old kids if they accidently kick their plastic footy on the ground) Mattress Guts Matthews and led by Gravox the Great will go the season undefeated and romp home by 6-8 goals

U17's Horsham V Ararat
The young demons pulled one out of the hat against the pathetic Warriors who caved in the prelim. Where was the Taylor, Kimber, Kelly, Hart impact? The always 'stacked with regional top age players' making up the team of Rodents will easily take the flag in this game.

U14's Minyip Murtoa V Horsham Saints
The Wheatbaggers from the windswept flat tree less Dunmunkle clay pans will go all the way quite easily over the little alter boys (unless the Weagles coach returns to do the running for the young robe wearers) and cap off a good year. We should though check all birth certificates in the U14 MM camp as some of their players have been seen driving to games and smelling of aftershave!

So unless you like netball you may as well head to HDFL or stay home and tune into the AFL. Pretty much a non footy event this weekend at Dimmy!

Well it is not much point anyone other than players, umpires officials and club members turning up to Dimmy this weekend for the 'coveted' Wimmera League Grand Final. All the 4 games will be extremely one sided and you may as well hand over the cups now and save the embarrasment.

SENIORS: Horsham v Warrack Eagles.
Horsham to romp home for number 7 in a row by at least 8-12 goals with the only chance for Weagles is if Lang pulls out a couple of dirty cheating tricks to get his boys over the line (ala saints U14's couple of years back)

RESERVES: Stawell v Horsham Saints
Stawell with He man Jenks (who gets his thrills by yelling abuse at 7 year old kids if they accidently kick their plastic footy on the ground) Mattress Guts Matthews and led by Gravox the Great will go the season undefeated and romp home by 6-8 goals

U17's Horsham V Ararat
The young demons pulled one out of the hat against the pathetic Warriors who caved in the prelim. Where was the Taylor, Kimber, Kelly, Hart impact? The always 'stacked with regional top age players' making up the team of Rodents will easily take the flag in this game.

U14's Minyip Murtoa V Horsham Saints
The Wheatbaggers from the windswept flat tree less Dunmunkle clay pans will go all the way quite easily over the little alter boys (unless the Weagles coach returns to do the running for the young robe wearers) and cap off a good year. We should though check all birth certificates in the U14 MM camp as some of their players have been seen driving to games and smelling of aftershave!

So unless you like netball you may as well head to HDFL or stay home and tune into the AFL. Pretty much a non footy event this weekend at Dimmy!

Geez Nardoo, you are the dark cloud to every silver lining. The number for the Wimmera Uniting Care counselling line is 1800 112 177, I suggest you ring it and put all the sharp knives away.

I will admit that it wont be a cheap day out. WFL seem to think they can charge twice the going rate. HDFL grand final the following Saturday will be a lot cheaper, and going on Saturdays game anything could happen, Well maybe not Kalkee wont lose just like Horsham wont lose!!!

Eagles what a great effort!! Lets hope something can happen on saturday. You never no what could happen eagles very hungry and demons wanting just abother one!! GO YOU EAGLES

Eagles just wondering if you will be welcome back to the town on Saturday night after the mess you caused in March earlier in the year.. Is that all long forgotten, im sure Harvey would still remember and have it in the back of his mind what was said.... If they lose will you call for his head again???:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back