Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really couldnt care what harvey thinks!! ill be back there supporting them!!! all of them are good mates! and if you go back and read i was having a bit of fun and eggs like yourself think this is the most serious thing on the planet! Thanks for your input you clown!:D

Ok fellow Big Footy Posters, lets see how good you all are!

Wimmera League Grand Final winning margin:

I'll kick it off > Horsham Demons by 111 points.

Marcus Anson won the toohey medal last night on 23 votes in front of alan batchelor on 20, pat knott and s.fields tied on 16

Re: GRAND FINAL WHITEWASH WFL 2009

Well it is not much point anyone other than players, umpires officials and club members turning up to Dimmy this weekend for the 'coveted' Wimmera League Grand Final. All the 4 games will be extremely one sided and you may as well hand over the cups now and save the embarrasment.

SENIORS: Horsham v Warrack Eagles.
Horsham to romp home for number 7 in a row by at least 8-12 goals with the only chance for Weagles is if Lang pulls out a couple of dirty cheating tricks to get his boys over the line (ala saints U14's couple of years back)

RESERVES: Stawell v Horsham Saints
Stawell with He man Jenks (who gets his thrills by yelling abuse at 7 year old kids if they accidently kick their plastic footy on the ground) Mattress Guts Matthews and led by Gravox the Great will go the season undefeated and romp home by 6-8 goals

U17's Horsham V Ararat
The young demons pulled one out of the hat against the pathetic Warriors who caved in the prelim. Where was the Taylor, Kimber, Kelly, Hart impact? The always 'stacked with regional top age players' making up the team of Rodents will easily take the flag in this game.

U14's Minyip Murtoa V Horsham Saints
The Wheatbaggers from the windswept flat tree less Dunmunkle clay pans will go all the way quite easily over the little alter boys (unless the Weagles coach returns to do the running for the young robe wearers) and cap off a good year. We should though check all birth certificates in the U14 MM camp as some of their players have been seen driving to games and smelling of aftershave!

So unless you like netball you may as well head to HDFL or stay home and tune into the AFL. Pretty much a non footy event this weekend at Dimmy!

Horsham by lots and lots 15 goals if warrack are lucky..

Also there's been word drifting down the highway that everyones favourite punching bag lucas fudge is in a bit of doubt for the reserves granny slicing his pulling hand open.. So coud be a bit closer than everyone thinks..

Ararat will be too cocky in the thirds with horsham getting up by a goal.

And the kookaburra's fourths to get the clubs first football premiership in a fair while..

Only the Eggs from the Eagles believe they'll get within 10 goals of Horsham. They just don't have the cattle or Harvey's plans A,B,C,D to match it with this Horsham outfit.
Don't worry i'd rather the Eagles knock over the Empire but we've got more chance of seeing Fancy Pants doing nude pole dancing in the middle of the Dimmy Rec Reserve at halftime. :eek:

what is wrong with you people!!!!!!! Eagles by 2 points!! and lets hope dimmy have enough cans there!!

Horsham by a 103 points. Game all but over by 1/4 time.

Anyone wanting to back Eagles, I'll give 2-1 on 2 goals in on bets of $1000 or more.

Thats gutsy stuff, 2 goals in!!! U have picked Horsham by 103 points. If your that confident what about 100 points in?

Eagles to cause big upset & home by 13 points.....Good Luck boys..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats gutsy stuff, 2 goals in!!! U have picked Horsham by 103 points. If your that confident what about 100 points in?

Eagles to cause big upset & home by 13 points.....Good Luck boys..

Well where is your guts?? You predict Warrack to win! I am giving you 2 goals in and 2-1 to boot in a two horse race. Thats 25 points in from your prediction with double the odds.

Rupanyup?
Kalkee?
Harrow?
Donald?
Mallee United?
St Arnaud United?
Beufort?

Donald and/or St Arnaud are a very good fit for WFL. Not a lot of extra travel for anyone. That cripples the North Central though. I don't believe WFL needs another team drawing out of Horsham. Maybe even a team from Stawell / Ararat area or just south of there could be a WFL team. For the population Stawell & Ararat have and only have 1 team each compared to Horsham having 3 teams and another 7-10 clubs drawing on it.

Donald and/or St Arnaud are a very good fit for WFL. Not a lot of extra travel for anyone. That cripples the North Central though. I don't believe WFL needs another team drawing out of Horsham. Maybe even a team from Stawell / Ararat area or just south of there could be a WFL team. For the population Stawell & Ararat have and only have 1 team each compared to Horsham having 3 teams and another 7-10 clubs drawing on it.
Stawell and Ararat also have several minor leage teams to support,ie. Swifts, Great Western plus Mininera DFL and Lexton Plains League. I can't see any new teams entering WFL next season.

You blokes have done a fabulous job over the past few years trying to pick holes in Horsham. It's gone from paying juniors to Johnsy's articles to not having as much support as other clubs to having umpires that favour them to not having good enough clubrooms. However, I think you've all gone to new levels with this latest one of the junior netballers paying for chocolates with the profits not going to them. I reckon upon finding out about this Carr, Farr, Batch, Barnett and Arnel will all be so disgusted that they'll up and leave the club. "It's an outrage," I can hear the call now. L

The bottom line, and the only thing that matters, is that they have won the past 6 senior flags, a wimmera league record. A club might be able to fluke one flag but 6??? You've got to admit it must be a pretty good club and a lot of work must have been doe to get them from the state they were in, in the 90s to one of the most successful footy clubs in Australia. A little credit?

The constant nit picking about Horsham is laughable because opposition clubs are unable to beat them on the field. Until other clubs can do this then the taunts come across as childish and patheitc.

Wonder how old Backpocketer is feeling now after this bold statement mid year. Seems some of the players he said would not walk out of the club are not walking if not running!

It may not happen but if Horsham lose many more players the club will be on the brink of a crisis. Before you jump on it I will expand.

They had barely enough numbers for reserves this year. Many of their committee have or are stepping down including chairman Bruce.

The crisis will be on two fronts. Player shortage and administration shortage.

Nobody can really deny the emptiness in the Horsham premierships. It was great for the 1970’s players to see their sons be successful but football is largely about communities. When Horsham wins a grand final there are no joyous kids, no crowd running onto the field. In recent years the club has actually asked more people to go to the grand finals and more people to celebrate after the game. What kind of a club needs to do that? The group of Horsham players that have been so successful for so long probably don’t even know what they are missing out on. You can only hope that someone like Luke Carr can bring some success at Taylors Lake. He might finally be able to play in a winning side where it all matters beyond the people on the field.

Would have to disagree on that FP

Big town teams like all 3 x Horsham clubs are not built on communities. One town teams are built on communities or districts are also built on communities. I would assess Horsham as being a lot more "community" than it use to be prior to having a junior segment.

There appears to be an abundance of kids who paint their face, wear the jumper and wave their streamers.
By all reports their clubrooms have been full to the brim after grand final wins.

What differs in Horsham and as a result of having 3 wimmera teams is 2/3 of the town will always begrudge the win. No matter which club it is.

This also flows over to sponsors who are reluctant to sponsor one club and alienate themselves from 2/3rds of the town.

You hear many spectators of small clubs whinge regards bigger town clubs but it to comes with its own pitfalls.

I may be wrong FP but from my assessment your comments are far from the mark, but you may be closer to the action than me also.

If anyone is planning on travelling to the UK, the West London Wildcats need you!
We are the largest and most successful club in London, and quite probably outside of Australia. We field three teams across three divisions, catering for a range of abilities. In recent times we have been incredibly successful. In the premiership division we have won the last 6 flags in a row, and in the conference, we have won 9 out of the last 10!
Becoming a Wildcat offers many benefits including discounted travel, cheap drinks etc through our many sponsors. Plus it gives you the opportunity to meet like-minded people from all across the globe and have a kick of the footy!
wildcatsfc.co.uk
or e-mail
wildcatsrecruiting@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back