Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fancy,
Your the guru of back dated posts. Sure you can put this wet dreamer back in his box.:thumbsu:

Not too hard to copy a post and then delete the old one Davey.

Some good games coming up this weekend -

Ararat v Warrack Eagles
Burras v Saints
Nhill v Horsham
United v Dimboola

All should be relatively close, maybe apart from the Minyip game with a few injuries to the Burras depleting them no end.

Do you guys use this website? http://www.vcfl.com.au/index.php?id=173

Yeah, they will really miss Carter. I'm looking forward to the Tiger and Demons. I know most would not give Nhill a chance and I'm certainly not tipping them but will be a great gauge of what their potential is.

You never know Fancy. A few injuires could test their depth a bit. Jez Hartigan shoulder might keep him out for a few. Didn't get to the Saints/Tiggers match on Sunday, but reports said Hargraves is a ripper, and Ladhams carving it up. Must be a question mark over their backline after the Diggers and Saints managed to post excellent scores againist them.

scottyD
BigFooty Elite Member

Collingwood

Blog Entries: 4 Re: Silly Season.... Recruiting and other nonsense

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, i don't know of anymore details than the ones posted above in reference to Seniors. Adam Taylor back to Minyip-Murtoa where he will be playing Seniors no doubt but that's about all i know.

Alistair and Nathan Byrne to the Saints is likely and Tom Ballinger and Jarrod Khan back to the Saints as well.

Ha. What are you trying to say? I am meant to know everything about everyone at everytime? Must be mistaken cop... I was right about Adam at least leaving diggers and if his father didn't move to stawell for some girl he would be in the blue white and black no doubt.

Nathan and Ali Byrnes issues were at an extreme level. They way they were treated after doing something good for the club was utterly abhorrent and out of taste by the one person involved with the club. both parties were in the wrong at time of incident occuring but issue were resolved.

Khan ballinger was a rumour I had heard anyway cop.

Lastly, I clearly stated I wasn't sure about any details regarding uniteds seniors because honestly, seniors doesn't phase me.

Having a go at a teenager who said something that turned out to be false....

... Yeah good work champ

God, Cheesymites, I hate those things. Tastes like someone shat on a coffee scroll.
You gotta get yourself the mini dogs in a roll. Hot or cold a taste sensation.
Have you heard any more about Rathgeabers spray from Saturday.
I thought after i had a dig, that the stawell boys would have given it back to me. Must have thought it was a fair call.

Ha. What are you trying to say? I am meant to know everything about everyone at everytime? Must be mistaken cop... I was right about Adam at least leaving diggers and if his father didn't move to stawell for some girl he would be in the blue white and black no doubt.

Nathan and Ali Byrnes issues were at an extreme level. They way they were treated after doing something good for the club was utterly abhorrent and out of taste by the one person involved with the club. both parties were in the wrong at time of incident occuring but issue were resolved.

Khan ballinger was a rumour I had heard anyway cop.

Lastly, I clearly stated I wasn't sure about any details regarding uniteds seniors because honestly, seniors doesn't phase me.

Having a go at a teenager who said something that turned out to be false....

... Yeah good work champ
I would have to agree. How can one kid know what everyone else is doing guess their family life and things like that. Makes a mistake wow he is a human not a friggin robot n00bs

Very illogical arguement but I guess it's better than homework hey.

How are stawell... Going down to the burras? What's the matter crowy?
The fact that im not playing. Nah I dunno what is happening. Just unlucky and didn't convert. We looked through stats tonight 24 inside 50's in the first half for something like that for 5 goals i think. Just need another focal point up front instead of just looking for tucks now because most teams have about 4 men go up against him

I got the one that I was most unsure about right... Weird
Yes, the silence is deafening. I thought you would at least have had a comment from Newo.
I did'nt know it had happened until Big Footy.
Do you reckon Scotty D should be playing 1's? He appears to have the passion.

Give passion for the club but supporting seniors was never a big thing for me. I might have been given the option during the year if I wasn't out for the season.

Your little hearts are so easily broken.

Anyway...what is going on at Stawell. If the president has done his lolly there must be a fallout. Maybe he is diverting the attention to the umpires after the team under performs....again.
I wouldn't say the team under performs when they lose by 3 points to a team that was talked up to be one of the best units going round this season.

Mu source says Jamie Solymon will be in the 1's next game for that exact reason. At least they are sure of some points this week.
Soly done his quad in the 2's on the weekend.

Most people I have spoken to at Stawell were expecting more wins at this stage of the season.
I thought there should have being maybe 2 wins. But when you play the 2 top teams saints and demons in the first 2 rounds just knocks the guys around a bit. There was nothing saying they couldn't knock of the saints or demons but were just completly outplayed by 2 better units. The win against Rats was a real morale boost. And last weeks game was just a kick in the guts to go down by 3 points but after fighting back incredibly hard in the last qtr.
So I would have thought myself possibly at the bye 2 and 2 but unfortunately we are 1 and 3 going into the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point though, tough start playing the two grand final teams of last year and then their biggest rival. The bye might do them the world of good. I'm told Soly will be fit by then. Have you heard different?
I haven't actually heard anything about Soly just knew he did it and thought he was out for 2-3. He wasn't on the track tonight but was in the trainers room all night getting work done

Is there anyone in the juniors who could fill the role of a marking forward?
Anthony Wilksch tall strong marking CHF could possibly step up to the ressies and possibly seniors in a couple of years time but i don't think there is anyone who could step up for the ones at this present time. Jack Tyzzer is another young strong forward in the 17's but he still has another in the juniors. The only few that could step up from ressies would be Todd Matthews who played the first game but went on holidays the 2nd week. James Devery who is in the seniors at the moment and Soly who I am unsure of his fitness.

You never know Fancy. A few injuires could test their depth a bit. Jez Hartigan shoulder might keep him out for a few. Didn't get to the Saints/Tiggers match on Sunday, but reports said Hargraves is a ripper, and Ladhams carving it up. Must be a question mark over their backline after the Diggers and Saints managed to post excellent scores againist them.

Might find Luke Spacic broke his hand on the weekend also so two talls gone for a number of weeks.

Jump on Nhill at good odds. SF might also be surprise omission due to injury this week.

Would like a quick guide to beer prices around the league gentlemen. I've only been to seen Horsham, United and Saints home games.

United - $3.50 heavy
light

Saints - $4.00 heavy:eek:
$3.50 light :eek:

Speaking of beer prices etc. would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on the social sides of clubs in the wimmera... who's bar gets the biggest workout and which club has the best functions. A good social aspect can give a club great appeal if everyone hangs around after the game to celebrate regardless of win/loss.

These thing change from year to year but I think biggest crowd pullers are the Kookoos followed by the Catholics.
I think United's gate and bar takings are down since Frank Dossett and Noel Brown don't attend their games anymore.
Eagles always seem reasonable supported. Ararat wont travel and you can hear a pin drop when Horsham kick a goal.

Details on this a bit sketchy but rumour has it that a junior netballer at Horsham Demons was dragged during one of the 1/4 intervals of a game.

On being told she was off burst into tears.

Now the club has suspended the player indefinitely for such actions.

Something sounds amiss but if anyone can add or enlighten on issue would be interested as if even near correct would be disgusted.

What have they been doing with Kelmy? Are they giving him heaps of space or is he kicking his goals in heavy traffic. I can’t say I can picture him as a 1 out full forward type but he has always been hard to contain no matter where he plays. Where will Combe play?
Kelm is the best one on one player in the comp. The only other that could be argued is Luke Carr. The Saints just give him 30mt in front of goal and let him do his thing. Burgess comming back in could mean Kelm works more around the 50.

Roy Ward. Can you confirm the Wimmera Mail Times is the most demoralising work place in the history of capitalism? Is it true people now openly weep at staff meetings?
As I have mentioned before FP, Peter Hammond is the most inept GM I have ever met. How he has been able to bluff his way for 10 years is beyond me. Business people around Horsham find it amussing that every time a new advertising feature is promoted, so is the new advertising sales team. BAD BAD BAD. Over the years their have been many people that have been 'BONED' by Hammond who has no concept of what real work ethic is all about. As far as I'm concerned he should go back pushing trolly's at Kmart where he came from.

Kelm is the best one on one player in the comp. The only other that could be argued is Luke Carr. The Saints just give him 30mt in front of goal and let him do his thing. Burgess comming back in could mean Kelm works more around the 50.

Rubbish!!!

Kelm played on David Johns a couple of years back and Johns had 5 goals before 1/4 time. Kelm had to be shifted.

Luke Carr is easily the best one on one in the game. Can play on a Brett Tuckey, play on a onballer or go forward and be impossible to match up on with his speed and leap.

Any match reports gentlemen? Didn't get to any games

Saints comfortable againist the Burras - 8 goals
Kelm 5 goals, Burgess 2 - best P Knott

Demons smashed the Tigers:eek: - 15 goals
Johns 9 goals, Giampoalo 5 - best Carr
Ladhams 3, Hargraves 2

Eagles easy over Rats - 6 goals
Wellington 5, best Gunn
Turner 4, best Batchelor

Diggers beat Roos - 7 goals
McCallum 5, best T Friend

Nhill recruits must be wondering of all the cash and travel is worth it! Whats the word up there Fancy?

Hard to believe that one. I had been told a few ugly storys about under 14 boys getting a dressing down after they lost a game. I had dismissed it but perhaps it is true.

Appears the story has a fairly strong grounding. Some variances in the basis of the story but yes a young netballer at Horsham Demons was suspended for crying for being dragged.

Also sounds like they are using junior netballers to sell chocolates to raise money for senior netball trip. Some very unhappy parents at the club by all reports!

This was after all junior netballers were made fork out $100 each for new netball uniforms and then as the choclates were handed in raffle books were handed out. It sounds like one continuous money flow in one direction.

Rubbish!!!

Kelm played on David Johns a couple of years back and Johns had 5 goals before 1/4 time. Kelm had to be shifted.

Luke Carr is easily the best one on one in the game. Can play on a Brett Tuckey, play on a onballer or go forward and be impossible to match up on with his speed and leap.
Ok, As I said, Carr is a great player. Don't forget that when Johnsy kicked a bag in the first 1/4 in a match 2 - 3 years ago, the Saints hadn't won a game. One bloke simply couldn't contain a side with the ball comming in that often. Will Carr play on Kelm when the top 2 meet?? With Burgess back in, T Arnell will go there, M Arnell to Coombe. Carr gave Kelm a towelling in the GF so it would be a great match up if it occured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back