What’s Everyone’s Favourite “Go Too Food” at The Footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Subway is always an easy option, or a kabab - they don’t do the camel burger anymore so that’s a pity, used to like that. The missus likes her fish and chips and the young fella his hotdogs - but we’ll also go the $1 pies when they’re on.

Good thing about Giants Stadium is that you don’t miss any action when you line up because the queue is on the concourse - unlike the SCG or ANZ where you have to go in under the stands to get something.

Whatever I packed. I ain't paying for s**t.

Or if it's Friday night, a Halloumi burger at the Trinity on the way up to the SCG.

A-Hot Chips
B-Pie,Pastie,Sausage Roll
C-Hot Dog,Burger
D-Sub Sandwich
E-Gyros
F-Pizza
G-Your choice I didn’t list!

C - I could seriously slam down 30 of those lukewarm hot dogs if they weren't $18 a go

I eat before or after game depending on train and timeslot

Prices are expensive and taste average to crap. Why pay so much for those smaller items when you can have a good full meal eating out

A + C (Hot Dog) if I'm looking for lunch or dinner at the match, with tomato sauce or Ketchup.

I always have one or two bottles of Diet Coke as well regardless of when the match is, and sometimes some chocolate bars (Crunchie or Cherry Ripe)

A steak sanger and a couple of beers at the woodshed, dosent go down too bad either at Etihad? Telstra Dome? Or that ground with a shitty surface that changes its name more times than Eddie Maguire has changed his undies...

Yep. Pub or restaurant meal before the game. Or some other recent sort of fast food nearby. Not spending on anything in the ground it's terrible and waaaaay overpriced. It is in Melbourne and Geelong anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hot chips and sauce. You're not there for a meal, see it as a snack and it's actually not bad at all.

Compared to Hoyts/Village food/drink prices, it's actually a little bit cheaper. FFS $6-10 for a soft drink or choc milk is absurd. But I still get it.

Nandos for games at Marvel.

Usually go for Red Rooster at the MCG.

People who have been to EPL/NBA/other world sporting matches, is food there also shite? It’s something we don’t seem to do well at all in Australia (for the most part).

From my experiences we compare very favorably to the above.

Food at NBA and soccer games in England is horrid.

Nothing though can compare to the food at the WC in Russia last year. I don’t have the words to adequately describe how bad it was.

Gotten Subway before the last couple Docklands games (not the one right next to it). Not that great or even cheap really but better than queuing up for something that could've been dished up in a school canteen in 1994.

Royal Stacks -> Nutella Crepe at the G (and possibly some hot chips and a coke at half time) -> HSP on Flinders St across from 7/11

Yep. Pub or restaurant meal before the game. Or some other recent sort of fast food nearby. Not spending on anything in the ground it's terrible and waaaaay overpriced. It is in Melbourne and Geelong anyway.

Also overpriced and not edible at either Brisbane or the Gold Coast as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back