What’s Everyone’s Favourite “Go Too Food” at The Footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

People who have been to EPL/NBA/other world sporting matches, is food there also shite? It’s something we don’t seem to do well at all in Australia (for the most part).

Food in American stadiums was s**t but certainly a wider of range s**t (giant pretzel was nice after dusting the salt off). Not like here where only one or two companies get to operate in the ground.

My new routine is to park at Crown then eat at the Pizza & Pasta restaurant there after the game.
The $15 specials includes a pot of Great Northern and they validate your parking (Free Parking).
Parking is $21... is cheaper for me to order the meal even if I don't want it.
I'm a tight ass.

Crown has the ambience of a shopping centre. Pass.

Compared to Hoyts/Village food/drink prices, it's actually a little bit cheaper. FFS $6-10 for a soft drink or choc milk is absurd. But I still get it.

Cinemas are dying. Prices will go up as owners see the writing on the wall.

You can buy an IPA beer in the big cans for 10 bucks without leaving your seat though :)

People can have a great time at a MLB game and barely watch any of it. Cricket Australia, after paying for your ticket, pull up a wall and offer midstrength. Guess who's in better shape, and who has nothing to market but nostalgia.

i can't eat at the footy because it's $20 for 3 items and all the money goes to really fat useless old men and not to my footy club so

I take a thermos with 2 franks in there, along with 2 bread rolls and some tomato sauce. Sometimes I will even take a small portion of butter to put on the hot dog rolls. Once or twice lately I took margarine instead of butter because I had run out of butter at home so had to take the margarine. Usually I pre-cut the rolls at home using one of those special bread knives. This makes it easier when I get to the footy to insert the franks into the hot dog buns. One time I forgot to cut the hot dog rolls so had to go find one of those plastic knives at a food kiosk and use that to cut the rolls. I managed to find one of the plastic knives but cutting the rolls was a lot more difficult than when using a metal knife. It wasn't a clean cut but it did the job and I was able to put the frank in the roll. The bonus of getting the plastic knife meant I could also use that to apply the butter to the roll and then didn't have to wash it as I could throw the plastic knife out. I usually prepare my first hot dog to eat when there is about 2 minutes left until quarter time. This usually leaves enough time to prepare it by quarter time apart from the time I had to go and find a plastic knife due to forgetting to pre-cut the rolls at home. I then usually eat my 2nd frank towards the end of half time. One time I forgot sauce so managed to sneak one of those little sauce packets from a food kisok.

Heh. Awesome parody of the anally retentive writing style of The New Yorker magazine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to dash across to woolies in Subi at half time practically every game.

Red Rooster Chips w extra chicken salt is a terrific way to line the stomach at the G.

Geelong has a few half decent food trucks, S & P squid n chips would be the go to..

Did have the old man take me to a few of the dining rooms in the mcc n afl members...had the best steak n compound butter iv ever had, well worth the extra money for a once in a while..

Red Rooster Chips w extra chicken salt is a terrific way to line the stomach at the G.

Geelong has a few half decent food trucks, S & P squid n chips would be the go to..

Did have the old man take me to a few of the dining rooms in the mcc n afl members...had the best steak n compound butter iv ever had, well worth the extra money for a once in a while..

Baked potato stand at Geelong ftw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back