Opinion What’s one thing you hope players have worked on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
So was thinking during the extended break that it might have given players time to work on things in their game that needs improving, what do you think?
I’ll go first, I hope that Jordan DeGoey has worked on his set shot goal kicking. For such a skilled player and future star his set shot kicking is not great unless it’s from the boundary on the impossible angle. It’s really the only thing on field that would take him to that next level of players.
So anyone got “ Just one thing” a player should work on.

So was thinking during the extended break that it might have given players time to work on things in their game that needs improving, what do you think?
I’ll go first, I hope that Jordan DeGoey has worked on his set shot goal kicking. For such a skilled player and future star his set shot kicking is not great unless it’s from the boundary on the impossible angle. It’s really the only thing on field that would take him to that next level of players.

Set shot goal kicking for the entire forward 6 for mine. While none of our main forwards (I'm talking Cox, Checkers, JDG, Jamie, Stevo and WHE) are necessarily "bad" set goal kickers, they're far from perfect. In terms of marks inside 50 in 2019, all 6 of the above mentioned are inside the top 50, a stat further heightened when you realise that Mihocek was the only one of those players to play 20+ games.

If they could improve even slightly and take more of an advantage of their looks I think we would see a big spike in our scoring, just by fixing up the "finishing touch" - the set up work and chances are already there.

*Also Phillips tidying up his disposal by foot and Grundy being a bit cleaner and direct with his hit-outs wouldn't be the worst things in the world haha*

While the Goo needs to work on his set shot kicking, he needs more to stop those hero around the body laying back snaps I'm a legend shot on goal.

I hope the boys have developed a successful Covid vaccine

Unlikely, but better for mankind than more rubbish tatts and a homemade XXX with a random
Mate of mine & I regularly solve cancer over a brew session.
We are ready to take on Covid.

Problem is we never remember what the solution was, we did it though, trust us!!!

Add Stepho with the same issue to improve.

I hope WHE has worked on his aggression or confidence or whatever it is that he needs to have more impact on games. So skilled but seems to be diminishing as a footballer. Very frustrating.
I hope he's worked on his endurance. I've given up on him in a contest and hope he builds the tank to get enough outside ball to be effective.

For those players with mortgages, I’d like to see them improve their debt to equity ratios.

For Coxzilla, I’d like to see him hold more of the ‘almost marks‘ he gets his hands to including getting both hands to the ball not just one. Another 2 to 3 contested marks a game would improve his output big time.

For those players with mortgages, I’d like to see them improve their debt to equity ratios

Juddy has a great YouTube series called ‘Money and Cardboard Dick’

Episode 1 he interviews the ‘95 Carlton team on how they stretched their modest salaries

Has nice homey touches - Bec bakes truffled muffins in the background

1/ Grundy's hit outs and connection to the mids. Far fewer taps to his feet. Signs were good in Rd 1
2/ Cox to keep his eyes on the ball when attempting his marks and not dropping his head at the time of impact. More marks would stick
3/ Set shot kicking practice, while fatigued, for our forwards. They don't practice much while fatigued at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Coxzilla, I’d like to see him hold more of the ‘almost marks‘ he gets his hands to including getting both hands to the ball not just one. Another 2 to 3 contested marks a game would improve his output big time.

Would Cox benefit from a JUGS machine? I'm assuming he doesn't use one. This video starting at about 3:16

You can drill anything you need with it. Coxilla needs help if he's to become a good monster.

Juddy has a great YouTube series called ‘Money and Cardboard Dick’

Episode 1 he interviews the ‘95 Carlton team on how they stretched their modest salaries

Has nice homey touches - Bec bakes truffled muffins in the background

Gotta admit, I wouldn't say no to Bec's truffled muffins

Would Cox benefit from a JUGS machine? I'm assuming he doesn't use one. This video starting at about 3:16

You can drill anything you need with it. Coxilla needs help if he's to become a good monster.

Can't see it as the NFL taken the Video Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back