What’s the best piece of North apparel you own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2018
Lockdown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Plenty of negativity around the club these days but fair to say our colours are the best. North in the 90s with Nike produced some outstanding pieces of apparel. That brings me to the question, what is the best piece of north apparel you own? Duffle coat? Bomber jacket? Long sleeve guernsey?

Mine would be rain jacket like this. Family member gave me one after the 1996 season to wear.

Attachments

• F4E0A313-B2F9-42B0-809D-09689AED1820.jpeg
    F4E0A313-B2F9-42B0-809D-09689AED1820.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 112

Got this piece 4 years back. It's rare because i think I'm the only one that bought one. I couldn't resist the bright orange camo...it'll come in handy if I'm ever hunting deer on the sun.

NMFC_AFL2018OrangeCamo_1_1200x1200.jpg

Got this piece 4 years back. It's rare because i think I'm the only one that bought one. I couldn't resist the bright orange camo...it'll come in handy if I'm ever hunting deer on the sun.

NMFC_AFL2018OrangeCamo_1_1200x1200.jpg
I can’t see the shirt?

I’ve got an old budget training top laying around somewhere. I bought it out of my prize from a lamington drive in the early 80’s.

I too have one of those Budget training tops tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

As for my most prized piece of memorabilia I can’t go past my one of one personally signed number 28 Ben Davies playing jumper…….NOT!

Plenty of negativity around the club these days but fair to say our colours are the best. North in the 90s with Nike produced some outstanding pieces of apparel. That brings me to the question, what is the best piece of north apparel you own? Duffle coat? Bomber jacket? Long sleeve guernsey?

Mine would be rain jacket like this. Family member gave me one after the 1996 season to wear.
That just screams "Dennis Pagan'....need the bottom half.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a lace up guernsey from the 70’s. Only wear it to GF’s. Probably need a longer piece of string to lace it up nowdays….
Still wear the scarf I bought in the late 80’s to games. It gets a wash at the end of every season.
Also a mate of mine gave me an old no.20 jumper with sponsors logo’s etc around 25 years ago. I think he told me it was an actual jumper Schimma wore/trained with. It’s somewhere in the house. I’ll ask him again the background to it.
Also have the 1996 souvenir Premiership bottle of wine/port sitting at the bar. Too scared to open it.

A mate down here gave me this medal, he said he got it off Glenn Archer at a function in Darwin back in 2007 where he won a prize that was a Archer signed jumper and this medal.
Not sure what it is?
I’m thinking it’s either part of the membership back in 2007 or there was a time when North played * there was a Archer medal and a Hird medal.
Anyone have a idea?

1656126703664.jpeg

1656126779034.jpeg

My favourites are my VFL scarf that I wear to most games (tomato sauce stain and all), my woollen guernsey that I wore to the 96 GF (signed) or my jumper from about 4-5 years ago which Cunners signed whilst I was his player sponsor.

A mate down here gave me this medal, he said he got it off Glenn Archer at a function in Darwin back in 2007 where he won a prize that was a Archer signed jumper and this medal.
Not sure what it is?
I’m thinking it’s either part of the membership back in 2007 or there was a time when North played * there was a Archer medal and a Hird medal.
Anyone have a idea?

View attachment 1432203

View attachment 1432205

It says it on the medal, it was a souvenir token made for 'Legends Club' members, which used to be a membership category.

They must have made too many of them, because a whole lot got given away in gift bags a year later. I ended up with a Leigh Colbert one and Adam Simpson one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back