What’s up with Cripps?

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Stop making an excuse for his poor performances. Injured or not, if he is putting on the jumper he is clearly fit enough to play. He is the nucleus of our midfield at the moment he is playing like a taller Brock McLean.
It’s ok to have different points of view; even if disagreeable to our own. Thanks for sharing yours.

If Crippa‘s worst, during an unprecedented mentally and physically challenging season, is on par with a taller Brock Maclean, I’d be happy. Brock was a fine player.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Stop making an excuse for his poor performances. Injured or not, if he is putting on the jumper he is clearly fit enough to play. He is the nucleus of our midfield at the moment he is playing like a taller Brock McLean.

you should go support the tigers.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Was carrying a corkie into the game against gws so maybe that explains somewhat his slower than usual pace at times.

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
carries the team for 5 years, has a down patch through injury or exhaustion (or both) wants to keep playing through it and that's the best you have? have a look at yourself........

He is getting paid >$1million a year, it is warranted criticism when somebody like Jack Newnes who gets paid $200,000 is having a better year.

Unfortunately, some of the higher ups at Carlton seem to give him a free pass because he is Patty Cripps

I quite like this:

To be fair I had intel that we were after Fyfe and were close to snagging him until Freo re-negged our pick 9, apparently not enough!!
Sorry for telling 'everyone to stay calm / the deals have been done three weeks ago'
Please, don't think I don't have mail, I like to think that i'm an ITK poster, which gives me a bit more credibility.
ps I was also the one who also stated the obvious that Marc Murphy wasn't leaving lol
barass70 isn't the only one with intel, ya know!!!!!
Anyways having coffee with SOS right now hoo-roo

Begging for credibility. Even the better quality trolls don't stoop to that. Oh, dear.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He is getting paid >$1million a year, it is warranted criticism when somebody like Jack Newnes who gets paid $200,000 is having a better year.

Unfortunately, some of the higher ups at Carlton seem to give him a free pass because he is Patty Cripps

Maybe you should call Carlton and ask Cripps to hand some cash around to Newnes and alike. While you’re at it... get the players to backpay Cripps for carrying them on his back for the last 5 seasons.

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
I quite like this:

To be fair I had intel that we were after Fyfe and were close to snagging him until Freo re-negged our pick 9, apparently not enough!!
Sorry for telling 'everyone to stay calm / the deals have been done three weeks ago'
Please, don't think I don't have mail, I like to think that i'm an ITK poster, which gives me a bit more credibility.
ps I was also the one who also stated the obvious that Marc Murphy wasn't leaving lol
barass70 isn't the only one with intel, ya know!!!!!
Anyways having coffee with SOS right now hoo-roo

Begging for credibility. Even the better quality trolls don't stoop to that. Oh, dear.
Who is saying this s**t ??

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Let’s drop a 25 year old Patrick Cripps and remove the captaincy from him 12 months out from the end of his current contract when there is “Go home“ risk attached with him. Way to think outside the box, gang.
If his attachment to the club is that flimsy, should he be captain of any club other than GWS in the first place?

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Patrick Cripps is no mere mortal. He is super human. He is a god amongst men. He is Mr Football (sorry Teddy). He is the greatest player to ever lace a boot up. He has more mental strength than a gaggle of mentals, than a flock of mentals, than a herd of mentals.

Afterall, he has had to lead a division overlorded by Johnny Barker for 2 years, and somehow he is still plugging away out there and not sucking his thumb in the corner of a round white room somewhere.

RudyBlue

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Send him back to Melbourne and get the required surgery or whatever needs to be done.

He should be under instruction not to think about football for at least 2 months and spend time with his partner.

Walshy and Setters can run the middle in the meantime.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We know he's struggling, he knows he's struggling, the coaches know he's struggling. Whether he going out there is for him and the coaches to show the youngsters he'll kill himself for the team, don't know. This is where you'd think our medical team and such would just make a call on his behalf and give him the next 2 games off and if we can't make finals 100% by Brisbane game then give him that off too.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Crippa last night.

17 possies.
Equal 1st 10 contested.
2nd highest tackles.
1st clearances
100000 pressure acts.
Lazy goal.

That's what he can put out when "struggling".

He is a God.

Jay23

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Crippa is struggling both mentally and physically. I don't think his head is in the game at the moment as he is most likely concerned with the welfare and well being of his partner back home. Not sure if anyone read the article re his partner, I have attached the link below.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I woulda had him out, but he was important last night. Seemed to move much better than last week.

Over the corky. The Giants game was the one he probably should have missed.

For all that he has struggled with injuries this year, I think if he had stuck to his own game, not tried to do too much, and fixed up his goal kicking we would all be happy with his year.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think Crippa is struggling both mentally and physically. I don't think his head is in the game at the moment as he is most likely concerned with the welfare and well being of his partner back home. Not sure if anyone read the article re his partner, I have attached the link below.

Oh wow. That would have a significant impact. I've seen it before with a former coworker.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
I will be howled down for this. Let Crippa take a break from captaincy for a year....sort his missus out....focus on his body. Docherty and ed can co captain. Crippa needs to freshen up and he can captain us long term after that

Back