What’s up with Cripps?

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Quite so, more that the Eagles were not allowed a Visy style deal, but when you want to go home ....

Your good timing with the Eagles putting Yeo on ice despite playing finals. Something Crippa might discuss when next he catches up with his old schoolmate.

Crippa was home earlier this year ;) ....

Now go away!

EaHKeflUYAAjTQ-

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I fail to see how being one of the game's elite clearance and contested possession players is meaningless. I'm not disputing that he wasn't as good as last year, but he didn't have a terrible year. He was almost unstoppable last year, that's a pretty tough standard to maintain.

I'd love to hear your qualitative analysis of his performance this season.

He's played with unjury, we ask that of our top players. Sometimes we cant see it. Thats my analysis because I dont suffer the paralysis of analysis.
Crippa is worth as much today as he was 12 months ago, is that qualitative enough for you.

As an Eagles supporter I'm torn over whether Yeo should be mothballed going into finals, sure he's not Crippa, but AA. Have I analysed his numbers NO, I've watched him on TV.

He's played with unjury, we ask that of our top players. Sometimes we cant see it. Thats my analysis because I dont suffer the paralysis of analysis.
Crippa is worth as much today as he was 12 months ago, is that qualitative enough for you.

As an Eagles supporter I'm torn over whether Yeo should be mothballed going into finals, sure he's not Crippa, but AA. Have I analysed his numbers NO, I've watched him on TV.
I feel like both you and juzz are arguing for Cripps in a positive way, just in different ways.

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus

So, in essence, you agree with everything I've said.

Why the hostility?

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Stating that Cripps is holding the club to ransom is eloquent?

Ultimately, Cripps has the final decision on the contract. And I was referring to his player manager bargaining with the club by not extending past FA in order to maximise his value at the end of the contract.

I firmly believe Carlton would have an offer on the table to make him a blue for life.

His current contract would be top 5 in the comp and currently his form isn’t stacking up to the proportion of money he is earning.

With this being said, we have backed him this year. I am a little frustrated as a supporter that our captain continues to prolong the process of re-signing despite the club paying overs for his performances dished up this year.

The longer he leaves it, creates more speculation and publicity. Indirectly, putting more pressure on the club and creating fractures within the group. This is why I made that comment.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Ultimately, Cripps has the final decision on the contract. And I was referring to his player manager bargaining with the club by not extending past FA in order to maximise his value at the end of the contract.

I firmly believe Carlton would have an offer on the table to make him a blue for life.

His current contract would be top 5 in the comp and currently his form isn’t stacking up to the proportion of money he is earning.

With this being said, we have backed him this year. I am a little frustrated as a supporter that our captain continues to prolong the process of re-signing despite the club paying overs for his performances dished up this year.

The longer he leaves it, creates more speculation and publicity. Indirectly, putting more pressure on the club and creating fractures within the group. This is why I made that comment.

Well if we paid overs for him this year then we certainly paid unders the previous 5, perspective!!

He’s not prolonging anything at this stage, he’s got plenty of time to sign a new contract, he’ll be a blue for life, nothing to fret over. He’s also strikes me as the sort of person that won’t like the media attention about his contract so I expect it to be done before the season starts.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

If (and that's a big if) we paid overs this year then we clearly paid unders for pretty much every other year of his career.

Patty is a genuine bloke that the players love and as such should be taken at face value. Provided he can see that we are moving forward he will continue to play for us - probably for the rest of his career. Accept it for what it is and don't try and create something that isn't (fractures and fissures). Overall just be happy that he plays for us. In time that will be a great thing.

Well, that explains it I guess. Cripps in hospital having a shoulder reconstruction according to a video report on the Foxsports site. It also said it won't impact his 2021 campaign.

Well, that explains it I guess. Cripps in hospital having a shoulder reconstruction according to a video report on the Foxsports site. It also said it won't impact his 2021 campaign.

Is that what the article on the HSun site overnight/today had to say?

Excerpts from HS article:

will happily sign away his free agency rights over summer but only when the AFL has given clarity to clubs on the salary cap for coming seasons.
The pair (Cripps and Doc) are determined to stay at the club to bring about finals success.

Harry McKay is in a similar position, loving his time at Carlton and contracted to 2021 but still awaiting a more solid TPP picture.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Any further commentary regarding holding the club to ransom in light of recent updates?

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
I find that highly doubtful.
A shoulder reco can be one of the most problematic surgeries you can have.
Even a Rotator Cuff can be a 12 month recovery to regain full strength and movement.
Pray for the best folks.

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Any further commentary regarding holding the club to ransom in light of recent updates?
Was this comment supposed to be the “I told you so moment”?

Shall I re-quote your post in 3 months when he still hasn’t re-committed?

That excerpt about contract is all spin. It’s speculative.

All that I extracted from that paragraph was that Sam Edmund was ‘assuming’ Cripps would re-sign. Like we all are. But he hasn’t. In the mean time we had 10 re-signings.

Contract signings are black and white. If you were offered a lucrative long term contract extension at your particular job that you apparently ‘love’, would you even have a second thought at signing that deal?

Irrespective of whatever reason Edmund has given for prolonging contract talks. The sticking point with contracts is always about money. Agent/Cripps still aren’t happy with the money.

The article was about Cripps’ rotator cuff repair which is accuratethe rest of it is rubbish.

The longer talks are drawn out, the more we have knuckle head blokes like Kane Cornes saying that ‘Cripps should leave’

You need to wait until he re-signs before making an ‘I told ya so post’

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Well if we paid overs for him this year then we certainly paid unders the previous 5, perspective!!

He’s not prolonging anything at this stage, he’s got plenty of time to sign a new contract, he’ll be a blue for life, nothing to fret over. He’s also strikes me as the sort of person that won’t like the media attention about his contract so I expect it to be done before the season starts.

Isnt the club putting off final negs because afl are dragging the chain on lists sizes and cap sizes?

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Clearly nothing productive to add to the Cripps discussion apart from a gif and a quote of nothing.

Your 2020 output ain’t too different to Cripps’s

Back