What’s up with Cripps?

if Cripps leaves it will be because he is looking for success. That's the only reason he'd leave. I was told this by a couple of sources when he signed up last time.

If it came to 2021 and he didn't see improvement and wasn't confident in playing finals on a consistent basis he'd go back to WA.

The longer he remains unsigned the more I think that this information was correct.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Well, now we know.

Sam Edmund reporting that Crippa is playing injured with an issue that requires weekly injections to get him through it. If it were the off-season, he would be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.

Stupid by the club if true. Rest the poor bloke, and stop risking his body FFS.

Shambolic

Club Legend
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Love the big man, absolutely love it when he dominates.

He is susceptible to a hard tag from a big man, particularly when carrying an injury. Every Superman has a weakness. We tried Plan B on the wweekend (R2, 2021) but a) too late and b) he had a shocker up forward given congestion, poor delivery, no space.

If they're determined to play him when near death we need to give him space and / or a small fwd directly around him (Betts I think).

Seems the talk is Cripps has OP and there is also talk his going to re-sign with us..
If this is the case, sign him, give him the 6-8 weeks off to get better and come back at 100%..

Why do we have to destroy the bloke?

Also the Cripps of 2020-2021 seems to be carrying the wait of world on his shoulders.

Docherty and the leadership team need to step up and help with the load..
Would allow him to clear his mind and get back to his best

Hold on we have the best fitness guru - he would be strong enough to say NO to the coach...

So, I'm not too sure how bad Cripps injury is - or at least he won't be making it worst by playing.
There's no way Andrew Russell would agree to this, if there is a risk of Cripps getting worst!

But, all the same they should rest him for maybe two rounds.
It's not ideal, but I'm sure most of us will be ok with this.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, now we know.

Sam Edmund reporting that Crippa is playing injured with an issue that requires weekly injections to get him through it. If it were the off-season, he would be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.

Stupid by the club if true. Rest the poor bloke, and stop risking his body FFS.
The club and the highly paid Russell are either incompetent, negligent or just plain stupid.

Or, is this some sort of excuse to protect Cripps.

If he is injured, for 4-6wks why wouldnt you get him right, then ease him into 2021? Are we that short sighted or just intent on cooking the poor bloke

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
It's not just whether he can get worse, it's whether the injury will actually heal if he keeps playing with it.

Just give him a month to recover and really put it on the rest of the group to step the * up. Gods know, they ain't that young any more.

Or what ... play him injured and struggling for the rest of the year? Seriously no.

Yeah, speculating I know. Surely Russell knows wtf he's doing here.

The club and the highly paid Russell are either incompetent, negligent or just plain stupid.

Or, is this some sort of excuse to protect Cripps.

If he is injured, for 4-6wks why wouldnt you get him right, then ease him into 2021? Are we that short sighted or just intent on cooking the poor bloke

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Teague and AR are not seeing eye to eye atm ....

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
If I were a gamblin man I'd bet it's his shoulder again. I noticed him holding it 2 or 3 times v Collingwood.

I also saw a post on a Facebook group where someone had a still of it looking lame.
20210329_221627.jpg

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
4-6 weeks? Don’t let him play the next 4 then. Reassess after 4. It’s only round 3. Geez. Be humane about it and rest the guy so he can come and play football properly for the club. I’m sick of the general incompetence and lack of moral judgment from the inner four walls if this is true. What the hell is going on in there? If anything it will allow us to see if the likes of Kennedy and Stocker can step up.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Hold on we have the best fitness guru - he would be strong enough to say NO to the coach...

So, I'm not too sure how bad Cripps injury is - or at least he won't be making it worst by playing.
There's no way Andrew Russell would agree to this, if there is a risk of Cripps getting worst!

But, all the same they should rest him for maybe two rounds.
It's not ideal, but I'm sure most of us will be ok with this.

they played McGovern unfit in his first two years.
Dumb clubs do dumb things.

Back