What’s wrong with the AFLW Tigers?

Remove this Banner Ad

When Egan was with us she didn’t exactly set the world on fire, the games I saw she played from the bench.
Maybe that’s about the game plan and only identifying talent for that game plan

yep 100% true, she was identified by Carlton as suited to their style of play hence bid pick 13
now whether their style is better, we won't know for awhile
She is playing very well though, better than 90% of our team this season

How dare they instantly not be as successful as the men's team.

That pretty much sums it up although I think the expectation was that we would be a bit more competitive.

That pretty much sums it up although I think the expectation was that we would be a bit more competitive.

yeah the competitive part is what everyone is angry/disappointed about
but honestly no one can say they aren't trying as a group
Monique Conti shedding a tear after the Saints game shows that in spades
I must say it's been a long time since I've felt this sad for a Richmond team, a very long time

And I can understand that I suppose. Personally though, we are tracking exactly as I expected to and I'm just happy to have a women's team. The growth will come.

I was born 92, so I never knew tiger success until a couple years ago. I'm still more used to tiger "failure" than success so that probably helps me in this situation.

And I can understand that I suppose. Personally though, we are tracking exactly as I expected to and I'm just happy to have a women's team. The growth will come.

I was born 92, so I never knew tiger success until a couple years ago. I'm still more used to tiger "failure" than success so that probably helps me in this situation.

very wise words AuntyBlindEye :)

You'll learn you young whipper-snapper - raise your expectations! ;)

This won’t help things at all.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind the final two rounds being shut down. What good could possibly come from them from a Richmond viewpoint?

Time to regroup and start planning for AFLW2021.

Im not even sure we are going to get a decent VFLW season in.

This won’t help things at all.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind the final two rounds being shut down. What good could possibly come from them from a Richmond viewpoint?

Time to regroup and start planning for AFLW2021.

RFC site confirms VFLW postponed :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta put my hand up...my melt in the Gameday thread coming off the top turnbuckle with an elbow drop for Kate Sheehan was probably not my best work.
But I’ve turned a corner, we do have some talent and I hope we get to see some more positives.
I really want to see us switch the play more and I’d like to see us use Wakefield as a link up instead of dropping it on Fredericks head coming outve def and see Wakefield running forward from the wing.
I think shes our most difficult matchup for size and she will launch into packs.
I hope we see more from Bernardi

Gotta put my hand up...my melt in the Gameday thread coming off the top turnbuckle with an elbow drop for Kate Sheehan was probably not my best work.
But I’ve turned a corner, we do have some talent and I hope we get to see some more positives.
I really want to see us switch the play more and I’d like to see us use Wakefield as a link up instead of dropping it on Fredericks head coming outve def and see Wakefield running forward from the wing.
I think shes our most difficult matchup for size and she will launch into packs.
I hope we see more from Bernardi

Think even Bernardi would like to see more from Bernardi tbh!

Think even Bernardi would like to see more from Bernardi tbh!

Christina started well in her first couple of games or so but primarily she is a goal sneak. Was at the Pies and again at the Giants. She is the cream on top as they say. I don't want to make any excuses for her but all our forwards have had it bloody tough. It all revolves around our midfield.

Our last game is our season in a nutshell.

We had pretty much the best midfielder on the ground in Conti

We also had the 10 worst players on the ground if you rank the players on disposals. They had 19 kicks between them.

Still madly supporting the team but bring on 2021.

Christina started well in her first couple of games or so but primarily she is a goal sneak. Was at the Pies and again at the Giants. She is the cream on top as they say. I don't want to make any excuses for her but all our forwards have had it bloody tough. It all revolves around our midfield.

Our last game is our season in a nutshell.

We had pretty much the best midfielder on the ground in Conti

We also had the 10 worst players on the ground if you rank the players on disposals. They had 19 kicks between them.

Still madly supporting the team but bring on 2021.

Same, but you can still call what you see without demonising anyone. Two people can look at the same footy thing and see things a little differently - neither being absolutely right, neither being absolutely wrong. Same goes for players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back