What’s your funniest / best comment on BF that should have got lots of likes but didn’t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hairydawg

Senior List
Jan 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Maybe it was a brilliant comment but your timing was wrong, or it just didn’t get the airtime it deserved?

Here’s your chance to resurface it and get those laughs and likes that should have been coming your way...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some gems from 'zeggie' (carlton MOD):

"Looking forward to Papley relieving some more salary cap pressure for you.
He'll thrive at the Blues just like Newman has.
Unfortunately thanks to the AFL we'll have to wait another 5 days for trades to start trickling over."

"Please don't be upset this player has chosen us over you. It's nothing personal."

"He's contracted, he's publicly nominated us, we will ensure the trade gets over the line. The deal will get done.
To those referring to Gibbs, that was an entirely different situation. Young Reidy moved the clearly established and agreed goal posts on the last day of trading which caused the entire deal to fall over."

"The fact he toured our club this weekend gives a bit of an indication, lol."

"Well his heart is physically at Ikon Park this weekend, enjoying good discussions with our key staff and enjoying our facilities.
He's contracted for ages, so he's not touring and talking with us in an effort to get a higher contract offer from the Swans (ie. like what Gaff and Cogs did to several clubs). He's touring because he's keen and motivated to move."

IN TRUTH HE WAS WATCHING A FOOTBALL MATCH WITH HIS NAN

"Swans fans seem in denial. Paps is touring multiple clubs, spending his entire off season in Melbourne (where his partner lives).
What do you predict will happen?"

DID NOT TOUR ONE CLUB AND HAS BEEN OVERSEAS FOR SOME TIME WITH SWANS TEAMMATES

"I said if a player wants out, and nominates, he'll get to where he wants to go. Swans won't get a say.
He's coming to Melbourne. That I'm sure about.
If he nominates Carlton, he'll get to Carlton. If he nominates another team, he'll get to that team."

"It may not be Carlton. But he's coming to Melbourne.
Paps doesn't have 4 years remaining on his contract. It's a trigger Swans are threatening to activate. Big boy move."

"He's not in Melbourne for a "holiday".

"If he nominates, if Paps wants out, it will get done."

"Name a recent player, who wanted out, who nominated a club, and didn't eventually reach the club, same or otherwise, of their choosing.
Go on."

TOM PAPLEY

"Which logic is troubling you?
That players that want out get to where they want?"

"If Paps wants out. It gets done.
Gibbs was happy to stay.
Nice try."

"*If* Papley wants out, if Papley nominates a specific team, it will get done.
Pleeeenty of recent examples. Any example it didn't occur was because the player was happy to stay either way. ie. Kelly.
Otherwise you'll face a Cam McCarthy or Ryder type situation and nobody wants that."

"Papley will nominate where he wants to go, if he wants to go. If he does then it will be done."

"Ah yes, because in the recent history of AFL trade periods contracted players never get to their desired destination. Never ever. Lol.
Are you new?"

"I have a feeling the only experience in negotiation that some posters on here have is buying a TV from Harvey Norman..."

"Pick 8 gets this done if Paps wants.
You'll draft some more kids and trade in some cheap nobodies as usual. Just like you've done for the past 4 years."

"Papley triggered the option in the second half of this year. Not the Swans. If he did so with no intention of leaving then Paps or his management would be vocal about it right now. They aren't.
Clearly a tactical move. Swans either swallow what he'll cost now, or they trade him now and cash in."

THE PLEASURE HAS BEEN ALL MINE
:straining:
:poo::p

Some gems from 'zeggie' (carlton MOD):

"Looking forward to Papley relieving some more salary cap pressure for you.
He'll thrive at the Blues just like Newman has.
Unfortunately thanks to the AFL we'll have to wait another 5 days for trades to start trickling over."

"Please don't be upset this player has chosen us over you. It's nothing personal."

"He's contracted, he's publicly nominated us, we will ensure the trade gets over the line. The deal will get done.
To those referring to Gibbs, that was an entirely different situation. Young Reidy moved the clearly established and agreed goal posts on the last day of trading which caused the entire deal to fall over."

"The fact he toured our club this weekend gives a bit of an indication, lol."

"Well his heart is physically at Ikon Park this weekend, enjoying good discussions with our key staff and enjoying our facilities.
He's contracted for ages, so he's not touring and talking with us in an effort to get a higher contract offer from the Swans (ie. like what Gaff and Cogs did to several clubs). He's touring because he's keen and motivated to move."

IN TRUTH HE WAS WATCHING A FOOTBALL MATCH WITH HIS NAN

"Swans fans seem in denial. Paps is touring multiple clubs, spending his entire off season in Melbourne (where his partner lives).
What do you predict will happen?"

DID NOT TOUR ONE CLUB AND HAS BEEN OVERSEAS FOR SOME TIME WITH SWANS TEAMMATES

"I said if a player wants out, and nominates, he'll get to where he wants to go. Swans won't get a say.
He's coming to Melbourne. That I'm sure about.
If he nominates Carlton, he'll get to Carlton. If he nominates another team, he'll get to that team."

"It may not be Carlton. But he's coming to Melbourne.
Paps doesn't have 4 years remaining on his contract. It's a trigger Swans are threatening to activate. Big boy move."

"He's not in Melbourne for a "holiday".

"If he nominates, if Paps wants out, it will get done."

"Name a recent player, who wanted out, who nominated a club, and didn't eventually reach the club, same or otherwise, of their choosing.
Go on."

TOM PAPLEY

"Which logic is troubling you?
That players that want out get to where they want?"

"If Paps wants out. It gets done.
Gibbs was happy to stay.
Nice try."

"*If* Papley wants out, if Papley nominates a specific team, it will get done.
Pleeeenty of recent examples. Any example it didn't occur was because the player was happy to stay either way. ie. Kelly.
Otherwise you'll face a Cam McCarthy or Ryder type situation and nobody wants that."

"Papley will nominate where he wants to go, if he wants to go. If he does then it will be done."

"Ah yes, because in the recent history of AFL trade periods contracted players never get to their desired destination. Never ever. Lol.
Are you new?"

"I have a feeling the only experience in negotiation that some posters on here have is buying a TV from Harvey Norman..."

"Pick 8 gets this done if Paps wants.
You'll draft some more kids and trade in some cheap nobodies as usual. Just like you've done for the past 4 years."

"Papley triggered the option in the second half of this year. Not the Swans. If he did so with no intention of leaving then Paps or his management would be vocal about it right now. They aren't.
Clearly a tactical move. Swans either swallow what he'll cost now, or they trade him now and cash in."

THE PLEASURE HAS BEEN ALL MINE
:straining:
:poo::p
You've posted this on multiple thread to try and get cheap likes.

Give up.

You've posted this on multiple thread to try and get cheap likes.

Give up.
You've replied to my post that desereves more likes.

Are you getting desperate now you realise you are stuck with daniher?

When I first joined this forum there was a thread about the funniest thing you've heard at the footy.

I posted about yelling out to an opposition player who had tackled Andrew McLeod.
I yelled out "Hey You, Get off of McLeod" like the Rolling Stones song.

I got shitcanned for posting I had said the funniest thing, rather than it being someone else's funny...... :rolleyes: :D

I was on a Dockers forum years ago and some other poster was banging on about going to High School with Glen Jakovich.
I jumped straight on and registered my surprise that both Jako and the poster had the brains to get through Primary school..
That was a highlight, I got booted off the forum a few weeks later..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back