What a great win

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty amazing that we have 90k members and only 25k showed up on a perfect day. 3 games into the season and 3 recent premierships and so many chuck it in like spoilt weaklings lol. Harden the * up. An embarrassing to the league. You need to prove yourselves as fans. Thanks :cool:

I’m only talking for me and my family .. we are normally there every week. But given it’s Easter and weather was awesome we are down the coast for holidays this weekend so didn’t go.

IMO 45,000 at 4pm on Easter Sunday for a team 0-3 is a very good crowd. Here are some recent Easter Sunday crowds:

R4 2023 Easter Sunday Ess v GWS: 28,000

2022 Ess v Freo at 4.40: 23,000
2022 Car v Port at 1pm : 33,000

2021 Car v Freo: 21,000

2019 Dogs v Car: 35,000

2017’Pies v Saints: 36,000

2014 Dogs v Car : 28,000

2013 Roos v Pies: 41,000

2010 Tigers v Dogs: 27,000

The years I left out were interstate clashes or minnow games involving Norf.

So 45,000 seems to be the largest Easter Sunday crowd in Melbourne in at least 15 years. Bloody good effort for a team 0-3 and Dusty not playing if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Awesome win... took the wife and kids along, and glad we made the effort. My dad passed away the night before our first game, and when the siren went I let out an almighty roar in his honour.
Honestly thought after they kicked the first in the third qtr that we'd get overrun.
Pressure was immense all day. Thankfully we overcame our own errors and turnovers.
Tigga is a gun and should be team captain.
Sorry to hear about your dad mate I know what it feels like. unlike your day, my dad passed the week in 18 we played pies in the final Sat for a half feeling worse for the effort and leaving at half time (not cause our effort but could not stand that USA chant) I fell down the stairs but got to see Newman going to the train station at half time also. Guys at the door asked if we were coming back lol. Needless to say that was the worst week in my football life. Always remember your dad and don't be scared to cry every now and then as you think of him it's only natural.

Last edited:
Not that they all will play 100 games or even become regulars but it shows players can be drafted apart from the main draft. Against a well run club, coached by a long time better than aveage coach and with academy picks we had 6 players Short, Young, Campbell, Picket, Mansour an LeFau in a side that won.

I didn't go. Was trying to keep my daughter out of hospital, whilst dealing with health problems of my own. Some things are more important than attendance at a match. Haven't even had time to watch a replay. And am deep in country Vic anyway

But will watch both games eventually.
Hope all is well mate 👍
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome win... took the wife and kids along, and glad we made the effort. My dad passed away the night before our first game, and when the siren went I let out an almighty roar in his honour.
Honestly thought after they kicked the first in the third qtr that we'd get overrun.
Pressure was immense all day. Thankfully we overcame our own errors and turnovers.
Tigga is a gun and should be team captain.
Sorry to hear about your dad
I'm sure he heard your roar from heaven

Remove this Banner Ad

Back