What a year in Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

DaSawx said:
care to elaborate for discussion?
Well, off the top of my head we had the Australian Open, Commonwealth Games, World Cup with the Aussies in it for the first time etc. But for the past couple of weeks it's been pretty hectic - non-stop action. In between the World Cup games which were huge enough we had Ogilvy's win, Footy, and now we've got Wimbledon just when you think there's some sort of respite about to occur.

Here's my view.

World Cup = greatest show on Earth.

Australian Open, Communist Games, Wimbledon = all rubbish non-events that people dont really care about, it doesnt go close to competing with the euphoria world football creates.

You are forgetting the Ashes.. time for redemption.

RoosterLad said:
Australian Open, Communist Games, Wimbledon = all rubbish non-events that people dont really care about, it doesnt go close to competing with the euphoria world football creates.

You're joking aren't you? Agree with the commonwealth games but Aus Open and Wimbledon are great. Give me that anyday over the world cup especially when Australia aren't in it anymore.

The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world, i'll watch if even if Trinidad & Tobago are playing Saudi Arabia. Its bigger than the olympics in terms of how many watch it.

The Aus Open and Wimbledon are good, but i prefer the latter stages, the first few days are pretty boring.

The Ashes is what im waiting for though.............

RoosterLad said:

Biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard.

Footy over any event in the world.

RoosterLad said:
Here's my view.

World Cup = greatest show on Earth.

You are forgetting the Ashes.. time for redemption.

The blinkered fascistic nonsense that turns a lot of over 18s off soccer. This is classic di*k waving my euphoria is bigger than yours from a soccer boy. Tedious and tiresome and to me Federer VS Nadal for example is far more entertaining than wondering how Henry will fall in the WC final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back