Review What a year, with a bit less shine - end of season review

Remove this Banner Ad

I would just like to compliment everyone in this thread so far - thoughtful, balanced, positive while still pointing out areas for improvement and development calmly and constructively. This is the sort of posting that really adds something to the dialogue about the club.

Well done everyone.

I would just like to compliment everyone in this thread so far - thoughtful, balanced, positive while still pointing out areas for improvement and development calmly and constructively. This is the sort of posting that really adds something to the dialogue about the club.

Well done everyone.

Agreed. Love the positive comments and the thought out RFIs. Stuff like this is what makes Big Footy awesome. That and Essendon uncle bashing.

Great year. Did not expect this at the start of the season. But still feeling gutted at not winning one final.
I hate the internet sometimes. I read stuff about how it's a lost opportunity despite the fact I witnessed on Saturday night the need for one more very good midfielder and a fwd. I just keep telling myself that literally every premier since kangaroos of 99 have had finished the top 8 previous year then had a real crack. Ahhh well good year boys!

Amazing year.....

Highlights:
-Lincs mark V Geelong
-McCluggage showing everyone what an absolute jet he is.
-I think our rd 1 vs WCE at the Gabba was my fave win, we were down by round 30 points, to come back and win really gave us belief and confidence, and a huge kick start to our season.
-Wins on the road, including 1st win ever at Adelaide Oval.
-Noah Answerth

Great year. Did not expect this at the start of the season. But still feeling gutted at not winning one final.
I hate the internet sometimes. I read stuff about how it's a lost opportunity despite the fact I witnessed on Saturday night the need for one more very good midfielder and a fwd. I just keep telling myself that literally every premier since kangaroos of 99 have had finished the top 8 previous year then had a real crack. Ahhh well good year boys!
Great year agree and it is great now to be respected by all the other clubs now. Could not believe where we ended up and in wildest dreams could not envisage that. But we did lose an opportunity on Saturday night to be playing in a prelim. You only have to watch and listen to Brownie talking as a Brisbane supporter and not a media person last night and watch his clips from the game from foxtels on the couch last night to see how we missed the opportunity for another game to be playing in.

Did Chris send that to everyone. I thought it was just to me?

In my letter he let fly at the umpires, Alex Witherden, and God.

Same for everyone else, I assume?

Really nice to see some (logical) positivity on this thread.

Why a year for our boys and us fans. We can finally put all the bad times to rest and get on with being a powerhouse again. We are absolutely setup for sustained success, apparently a lot quicker than we anticipated!

Could we be getting ahead of ourselves and slip back a bit next year? Possibly.

But, we’ve got the best of the best in regards to leadership at our club. Fagan, hodge etc will keep the fire burning, keep the boys on a week to week mentality and I believe we should absolutely be thinking about a flag next year.

Massive trade period coming up for us, if we can get an established speedy defender then I really see no reason why we won’t be pushing for a premiership next year.

I come in peace, congratulations on your year, but I find the differentials from your two finals a little bit
disturbing.

Disposals: + 58
Kicks: + 77
Handballs: - 19
Inside 50's: + 28
Freekicks: + 12
Hit Outs: +18

Clearances: + 18
Centre: + 7
Stoppage: + 11
Contested Possession: + 37
Turnovers: - 6 (Lower better)
Marks: + 51

Marks Inside 50: + 7
Contested Marks: + 9
Intercept Possession: + 5
Tackles: - 41
Tackles Inside 50: - 9
Bounces: - 23
One Percenters: - 3

Fodder for the intercept markers when it counted, no link and run and carry, the Richmond surge and link
took you apart their efficiency versus your lack of was hard to watch in the same conditions. Awesome
season in the NEAFL well deserved flag, I had you losing the Grand Final after beating Richmond the
first week funny enough to Richmond. You do a lot right and good luck for the future, please learn more
than we did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back